Normal Topic Polygrphers really are push button monkeys! (Read 1133 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box WalkerTR
New User

Polygrphers really are push button monkeys!
Jul 27th, 2005 at 7:58pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My own experience with the LAPD polygraph test has led me to totally support the goals and ideals of this site. I took the pre-employment polygraph a few months ago after carefully reading information on this site as well as a "tremor in the blood". The test went exactly as described in both text, not to mention that the polygrpaher showed me the list of questions clearly marked and color coded as control or relavent, for me to sign off that we had discussed them properly. In the margin next to the questions they were either marked C1, C2, R1, R2, depending on the type of question. I think the examiner made a mistake by doing this, but then most people probably don't have a clue. Apparently they ask you the questions, then repeat them 2 more times in a different order, paired with a different control question.  Between each set the examiner allows you to take a few minutes rest. At the end of the exam the examiner came back and told me that I had difficulty with a few questions.  The examiner said, "this is serious, and you have to tell me anything that may cause such a result." I made no use of countermeasures during the test what so ever, but I was having a hard time keeping the examiner satisfied with my breathing rate. I was constantly admonished for breath too slowly. I had nothing to more to tell, and I proceeded to explain any possible external experience I had with those two issues in order to at least appear to be cooperative. I realize now that such an effort is pointless. Just like LBTLD said, the examiner came back with the "go to bat for you" scenario. I was told by the examiner that I may or may not be contacted by the personnel department to continue. A few days later I was contacted by the personnel department and informed that I am eligible for an automatic retest as per their policies because I had an inconclusive result on a few questions. I returned a few weeks later to take a retest on only those few questions. This time making use of the sphincter constriction countermeasure alone. This time my results were satisfactory to the examiner and I was dismissed without an post polygrpah interview. This time i was tested by a different examiner and in a different room much closer and in more direct view of the examiner. The examiner also did not give me the list of questions to sign off on until after I completed the test. Incidentally, during the test, I am positive that i moved my eyes to glance at the examiner for some reason and I swear he dozed off for a split second, that same kind of dozing off that you do when you are driving and then you kinda catch yourself because you realize that you are doing something important!  I asked the examiner if the examiner was also a  sworn officer and the answer was no, but I was told that the examiner was once sworn in another municipality.

IP Logged

Polygrphers really are push button monkeys!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X