Normal Topic PASSED POLYGRAPH TODAY...I THINK...PLEASE READ! (Read 1614 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jonny5-RSO
New User

PASSED POLYGRAPH TODAY...I THINK...PLEASE READ!
Jul 14th, 2005 at 4:53am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
The polygraph was one of the most nerveracking situations that I have ever been through.  I sat in the waiting room for 2 1/2 hours after completing all of the necessary paperwork (background packet etc.).  As my luck goes, the air conditioner was broken and the waiting room was a toasty 90 degrees.  Luckily they had someone working on it while I was waiting, and about half way they had it cooling off again.  

After completing the background packet, the secretary handed me a sheet with the questions that I was to be asked.  I figured that they did this to instill fear, and to entice me to recollect any relevant events that I may have forgotten about or planning to lie about.  I simply glanced at the questions one time through and then turned the paper over and continued reading a magazine.  Reading a magazine definitely kept my mind clear, but I knew in the back of my mind that the questions were going to be asked. 

The polygrapher called my name and led me into the interrogation room, and began reviewing my background packet.  He seemed very polite and took on the role of being my friend and wanting to help me "get a badge."  TLBTLD explained this clearly and I knew that he was only trying to squeeze admissions out of me.  He did not explain the polygraph to me, nor did he tell me that the polygraph will detect lies, he told me that if I lie my body will created physical responses that will be detected by the graph.  He seemed straightforward and  honest, however I did not buy in to his game.  

He then hooked me up and he began asking these questions at 30 second intervals (not in exact order; but approximate).

1) Did you lie about your name?

2)  Did you withhold any information from your application?

3)  Did you tell me everything about your drug use/possession?

4)  Is there anything that you're afraid that the police might find out during your background investigation?

5)  Have you ever lied to your friends?

6)  Have you ever struck a spouse, family memeber or friend?

7)  Have you stolen cash, or property from any person or company other than your employer, other than what you have told me?

8)  Have you driven under the influence of drugs or alcohol more than what you have told me?

9) Have you had any illegal sexual interactions such as children, prostitution. animals, or sex involving money?

10)  Have you withheld any information regarding prior convictions, or arrests?

11) Are you afraid that the police might find out information regarding your job, other than what you have told me?

That is what he asked me the first time, he then rearranged the order of the questions the second time.

I tried to remain calm during the test at all times, I picked a spot on the wall and stared at it the whole time, clearing my head of thoughts and focusing on other events like school, sports etc.  I really almost "spaced out" during the test and just answered the questions.  

I did feel as though I was responding to some of the relevant questions, so I made sure to try to create responses on the questions that I thought control questions by thinking of specific events that created an anxious feeling that were irrelevant to that specific question.  

I USED NO PHYSICAL COUNTERMEASURES, I ONLY RECOGNIZED THE TYPES OF QUESTIONS, AND TRIED TO MENTALLY CREATE RESPONSES.

HERE IS MY DILLEMMA...

He stared at his computer screen for about 10 minutes without saying a word and then said, quote:  "it was not the best chart in the world, but it looks to be ok to pass."  

He then asked me if there was anything about theft that I did not tell him,  he then asked about the application question and told me that I showed some type of response to both (he did not explain the severity).  I denied both questions firmly and also denied them a second time when asked.

He then said that it was looked like it was passing and that he was going to send a report out to my background investigator. 

SO does this mean that I passed?  or is the polygrapher pulling my chain?  I am kind of confused, he did not say "congratulations you passed" or "you passed" deliberately, I am trying to read him and figure out what he means, or if there is going to be some type of secondary review of the polygraph.

If anyone knows what he means, or has any ideas, please respond...I hope this information deems helpful for others that are going to be in the same situation.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeffery
Very Senior User

Re: PASSED POLYGRAPH TODAY...I THINK...PLEASE READ
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 5:23am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Congrats man!  I'm no expert, but this sounds ok to me.  Be grateful you found this site prior.

Now, repay the karma and cut us guys that push 5 over a break Wink.

IP Logged

PASSED POLYGRAPH TODAY...I THINK...PLEASE READ!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X