Normal Topic Worry about failing polygraph test (Read 8885 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box terminator23
New User

Worry about failing polygraph test
Jul 3rd, 2005 at 4:24am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I recently took a polygraph test for San Diego and failed and i recently applied for the  border patrol,  what worries me is that failing that polygraph test will disqualify me from the Border Patrol, am i correct?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: Worry about failing polygraph test
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2005 at 5:13pm
Some agencies use the same polygraph examiner and will accept a prior test given by that examiner, as long as it falls within a specified time frame.  Other agencies require a separate test and don’t care if you’ve taken other polygraphs.   

The only way to know for sure is to check with the Border Patrol and see what their policy is.  Most likely they will send you to whichever examiner they use and they won’t be concerned about prior polygraphs.  Good luck.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box terminator23
New User

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2005 at 8:34pm
Thanks for your feed back. I feel wrongly accused of failing the polygraph and i was worry about applying for other agencies but hopefully everything works out. thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2005 at 1:52am
The Border Patrol is a federal job and they have their own process of conducting the background investigation.  That I know of they currently reserve the right to polygraph applicants, however, they do not polygraph all applicants and probably only do so to those that they feel has questionable issues that arose from the background investigation.

Failing your polygraph with the other police department is more than likely going to have no effect on the process with them.  I really wouldn't worry about it so long as you have nothing in your past that you are attempting to hide.  Just be honest with the investigator if he asks about it.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box hwsternfan
User

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 7:35pm
Be advised other states like Minnesota and New Jersey do not make you take a polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box the wife

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 6:27pm
my husband won't try to apply because he smoke pot. he stop smoked a while back. he a good man 
pay the bills no crimes not even a parking ticket. should he apply?

dam even obama smoke at one time. please need an answer thanks

IP Logged

Worry about failing polygraph test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X