Normal Topic What to Answer for Control Questions?? Please read (Read 2819 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box zeteckat
New User

What to Answer for Control Questions?? Please read
May 4th, 2005 at 12:26pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
On a control answer such as, "Have you ever lied to a loved one?"  most people will have lied to a loved one and the poly admin will know this.  I'm just confused on how one should answer to this.  Should they lie and say that they have never lied to a loved one even though they have or should they tell the truth.  All this would be done while using CM's of course.  I'm just looking for the correct response, (lie or truth) to these types of control questions.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2005 at 8:32pm by zeteckat »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Re: What to Answer for Control Questions?? Please
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2005 at 4:06pm
Download and read TLBTLD available on this site. It easily answers your questions. If you say that you've never lied to a loved one, it will raise suspicions with the examiner as I can't imagine anyone could honestly say they haven't done this at one time or another. Admit to a few little white lies that you told because you wanted to spare a loved ones' feelings (ex. you recently told your mother you liked her new haircut when you didn't- don't use this exact one.) Don't tell all your misdeeds and clear your conscience on the controls like I did (I failed-no CMs as I didn't know they existed.) The examiner expects a truthful examinee to be concerned or even withold some info. regarding controls. However, there are some controls one could honestly deny ever doing. Again, read the book, it will help explain things a great deal.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2005 at 4:27pm by polyfool »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box zeteckat
New User

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2005 at 8:09pm
I did read it, twice.  I didn't see any section on where I could find a correct response to a control.  Maybe you could refer me to a page number.  I'm just confused on how a control should be answered.  I do appreciate your help though. Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2005 at 8:26pm
it doesnt matter how you answer it as long as it causes you to react. or you cause the reaction on purpose so that you will end up with a positive spot score vs the relevant question. also, keep in mind that the "scorable" part of the question occurs almost immediately after the question is asked, not just after you say yes or no, and continues for several seconds thereafter.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2005 at 2:21am
Pages 96-100 "Probable Lie Control Questions" section; Page 127 "Make No Admissions" section;Pages 132-133 "The Pre-Test Interview"; Pages 142-143 "Read the Polygrapher" section.

IP Logged

What to Answer for Control Questions?? Please read

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X