Normal Topic Certain Ways To Beat The Test (Read 9544 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mike_C.
User

Certain Ways To Beat The Test
May 1st, 2005 at 10:57am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
George W., or anyone else as knowlegable on this board, can you help me please? 

I am scheduled for an upcoming polygraph test for a law enforcement position. I have heard many times over, (even as real recently by some cop buddy of mine) that one of the best (and oldest) ways help pass a lie detector test, is to STAY UP all night long the night before the polygraph test. This would delay any reactionary-type breathing. Is there any truth to this? 

I have also heard taking musle relaxers like vicodin is also an effective tool to help with reation and "skin breathing" which the examiners like to use when administering the test. 

Any input would be greatfully appreciated. I've read so many posts and scrolled through so many threads, and no...I'm not some petty criminal who's trying to "slip through the cracks" into a law enforcement career. I'm just a guy who's as nervous as the next guy for the simple reason polygraph examiners can use this tool as a disqualifying factor in determining what's truthful versus what's deceptive. 

Okay, fine. I don't have a squeaky clean past, but I don't feel a perfect stranger should know any more about my private life as I'm prepared to admit. 

Regards, 

mike-C.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Re: Certain Ways To Beat The Test
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2005 at 9:30am
The measures you are speaking of will simply dampen your physiological responses.  A dampening across the board will possibly cause questions.  I don't feel that being "punch-drunk" will help your chances.  It is easily identifiable in my experience.  Remember, most polygraphers will ask questions regarding both.  How much sleep did you get last night?  Have you taken any medications to aid you with the polygraph?  If you lie to either you are being deceitful.  It is my belief that no one should approach the polygraph or any other phase of testing with a deceitful plan of action.  My only approach is the "total honesty approach."  That's my two cents.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2005 at 1:30am
It is noble of you to take on the total honesty approach, the problem is that you will most likely not get hired. I understand there are a few instances that you may,but chances are you will lose. I look at it this way, if a company or police department wants to play games with the polygraph I will in return play games with them. I am not talking about deception, rather insurance on passing. The polygraph is a machine and not a scientific instrument therefor it can be beaten. I have developed my own method which is similar to methods on this site. Although I use a differant combination of employing them,so if in fact a polygraph is "trained" to detect them my variations are indistinguishable between control questions on each chart.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Polyreject
New User

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2005 at 2:16am
Anxietyguy

I would be very curious to know what your indistinguishable technique is.  I recently was caught using the obviously distinguishable techniques taught on this website.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - May 6th, 2005 at 3:21am
Polyreject:

I answered your other post before reading this one. It seems odd that you were so curious about the poly that you bought Doug Williams' e-book, read TLBTLD and even went to the trouble of using a tape recorder to practice before you took the test, but yet, you are a new user on this site. I would think that someone with your appetite for knowledge would have taken the opportunity to ask questions on this board BEFORE you took the test, particularly since you knew about its existence. Maybe I'm wrong, but something just doesn't seem to jive here.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mike_C.
User

Reply #5 - May 16th, 2005 at 10:50am
AnxietyGuy: Yes, please share the methods you use. I'm curious also. 

mike C.

IP Logged

Certain Ways To Beat The Test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X