Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Forgot in Interview (Read 10845 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Re: Forgot in Interview
Reply #15 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 5:05pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
DarkCobra2005,

Being out of touch with the polygraph community is not being familiar with yesterday's play.  And to that I plead guilty.  If you are telling me that you (let alone your agency or some larger part of your industry) now construct relevant questions such that they contain/include insignificant behavior (which will have to be excluded and will likely be of some concern to innocent examinees) as well as significant material, heaven help the poor examinee.  It is bad enough that the consequences of being found deceptive to a properly constructed relevant question are apparent to everybody.  If you are now telling me that we must now be concerned with responses to relevant questions that are poorly constructed and would be of concern to many because of insignificant behaviors/actions, this has now reached either the heights of tragedy or comedy depending on one's point of view.  Regards...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #16 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 6:10pm
darkcobra2005 wrote on Apr 20th, 2005 at 4:44pm:

I am dedicated to truth.  And my statement that Dr Richardson is out of touch is true.  Not a false accusation. 

You can make control questions by doing what you demonstrated and placing a time bar or qualifier on theft from an employer (which I don't do).  That would then be a control or without a time bar be an inclusive control questions (which I don't do).  I do ask if you have stolen from an employer as a relevant question.  Don't lump me in with the folks that use the Lept test format.  You have no idea what format I use.

Paragraph 3.9.1 of the American Polygraph Association's Standards of Practice states:

Quote:
3.9.1 A member polygraph examiner shall use a validated testing technique....

Since you are "dedicated to truth," please state the name of the "validated" pre-employment polygraph screening technique wherein a relevant question as poorly constructed as, "Have you ever stolen from an employer?" is considered acceptable.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alice
User

Reply #17 - Apr 21st, 2005 at 3:46am
I was fortunate, for I had a polygraph examiner who asked me questions regarding my life which I could truthfully answer yes or no and was not worried about him being deceiving.  He was calm, easy to respond with in a pre-test..not a buddy..but inquiring and seeking corroboration without inconsistencies in what was given in my BI with my detective.

The man was a gentleman and would pass him by in the hall and greet him with respect, and, I believe he would reciprocate in kind.

I do not believe counter measures of any kind are ncessary.  Although I have visited two poly sites, I felt no need to breathe in an abnormal manner which, by the way, he commended me on.

I also believe that if one is upfront about any incident with BI..then there should be nothing that scares you for a poly....my opinion..for what it is worth..although I am not applying with fed agencies..I am a forensic chemist and applying for positions in that capacity with LE.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #18 - Apr 21st, 2005 at 8:05am
darkcobra2005,

Your unwillingness to state the name of the "validated" pre-employment polygraph screening technique wherein a relevant question as poorly constructed as, "Have you ever stolen from an employer?" is considered acceptable is understandable: you lied. There is no such technique, and your false assertion that there is one fit hand-in-glove with the rest of your initial post in which you gave "advice" that would likely lead to an accusation of attempted countermeasure use:

darkcobra2005 wrote on Apr 19th, 2005 at 5:30am:
AS a polygraph examiner, I would not say that the theft from an employeer is a control question, it appears that it is a relevant question.  Might want to check with the examiner and just ask if that is a control.  I would also tell them that I had checked on this site and that is where you got the question from.  With examiners I know, the truth goes a long way. 

Returning to a point in your post of 20 April 2005 at 9:44 AM, you wrote:

Quote:
I am sure you will bar me again and thats fine.

This is a tacit admission that you are, in fact, the author of the disinformational posts by thevet2 and checking Those accounts were banned for your blatant violation of AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy (willfull posting of false information). But you wouldn't have known that were you not the author of those posts. Would you care to explain why you initially came to this forum masquerading as a non-polygrapher?
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2005 at 7:22am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #19 - Apr 22nd, 2005 at 10:21am
darkcobra2005,

Your refusal to answer is answer enough.

Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2005 at 1:04pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #20 - Apr 23rd, 2005 at 3:14am
DarkCobra2005:

You stated in previous posts that you would also be outraged if you had been truthful during a poly screening and deemed deceptive AND that the screening procedure should not stand alone in the employment selection process. Most of the people posting on this site have been victims of both, so one can certainly understand their outrage. It would be more than fair to say that some have even suffered mental abuse at the hands of their examiners. Of course, it's not fair to say that all examiners operate in an unethical manner, but it does happen. Just look at the postings on this site. 

I can tell you from my experience, neither of my examiners were interested in getting at the truth. They were just concerned with using tricks to try and gain admissions. Since I told the truth about everything, I had nothing else to offer. 

It's one thing to use the poly to disqualify those applicants who admit to witholding info. or to use it in criminal investigations in an ethical manner. It's another for one person's subjective opinion to be allowed to dash dreams and ruin careers when there is no real evidence of deception. That's exactly what's happening over and over at the FBI and it's wrong.   

It greatly reduces your credibility that you began posting here pretending to be someone you are not. You yourself have helped perpetuate the stereotype that all examiners are liars. In addition, you make personal attacks against those with whom you seem to agree. This site is against the use of polygraphs as the sole determining factor in pre-employment screening situations due to its high probability of false positives. You yourself said the poly is just one part of the process. 

It's ironic that some examiners speak about angry false positive victims. Most of the examiners who have posted on this site (seems we have the flavor of the month around here) are so angry, hostile and unnecessarily nasty. If your goal is not to have all examiners lumped together in a negative light, then why not be honest from the outset? You singlehandedly defeated your purpose.    
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2005 at 4:25am by polyfool »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #21 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 4:35pm
If anyone's turf its polygraphplace.com. Try posting anything on there even slighty slanted towards questioning of the polygraph and you get banned. At least you are allowed to speak your piece (either for or against) on this site. Your profession is full of jesters and hypocrites.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #22 - Apr 27th, 2005 at 5:03pm
darkcobra2005:

Isn't that just like a poly examiner to twist things around in an effort to make us look like the bad guys when YOU are the one being dishonest? How convenient. No one set out to try and discourage you from posting here, unless of course, you are going to continue to spread lies and deceit. Some people are actually interested in open, honest exchanges. That's  something you probably can't identify with. Anyway, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of you. You're probably already hard at work coming up with a new name and ruse under which to post on this site.

IP Logged

Forgot in Interview

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X