Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) I Failed a Polygraph. Why? (Read 28402 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: I Failed a Polygraph. Why?
Reply #15 - May 29th, 2016 at 12:23pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
How did some of yall's cases come out with a failing lie detector? My husband is being accused of raping his ex wife's daughter from previous marriage. There is no evidence and she is saying happen in 2011. His ex wife is crazy, I have a binder full of things she has posted on fb about my kids and I. Not to mention the two faulse CPS reports and many police reports. This little girl who is  now i believe 17 has a lot of issues herself. She has been in therapy since she was 10. I am really hoping for a good outcome. Angry

Has your husband actually submitted to a polygraph "test?" If not, he would be well-advised to refuse any invitation to take one, and not speak with investigators without a lawyer present, for reasons explained here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

If your husband has submitted to a polygraph test, did he sign any agreement stipulating that the result would be admissible as evidence in court?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #16 - May 29th, 2016 at 4:19pm
It Can't Be Real,

Allow me to emphasize what George told you. If there was evidence, he would have already been arrested. The only thing that could change that is a statement made by your husband. This is the goal of the polygraph--to solicit a confession or to say something that could be used to file charges. Put a big piece of duck tape over his mouth.

Also, I recommend that you stop torturing yourself with this woman's shenanigans on Facebook. There are jerks in the world, but that doesn't mean we have to allow them to disrupt our lives.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Gabrielle Peak

Reply #17 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 3:19am
Let's just call a spade a spade. I believe you are guilty not because of the last, but because I'm a therapist and children don't ever let about they parents molestibg them. That being g said,polygraphs are worthless at determining the gulf or innocent in child molestation cases. I know because the two people accused of molesting my gr as nddon both passed the polygraphs they offered to take. Then to add insult to injury, they convinced cps that I coaxhed him into saying things and I was then asked to take one! I refused? Why! Because someone e with my education and family upbringing should never have been approached with the same disdain, disbelief and suspicioun that two sociopaths who k ew how to beat the box. Yes I am very bitter when it comes to the subject of both  hold abuse and polygraphs are concerned. Their passing it made me look like a liar and made them look innocent. What use is a list if all it does is being g grief to the I nocen

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Stephanie

Reply #18 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 11:11pm
I failed a Polygraph test. I have cronic anxiety and I was accused of infidelity and the questions that were asked I did not know them. I took the test 2-3 weeks after I was married. We both worked together at the same place been with each other 24/7. I was asked about people I didnt know and I failed why is that?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #19 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:17am
Stephanie, I cannot say for sure why you failed the polygraph, but it's important to understand that polygraphy has no scientific basis to begin with, so the question of why you failed the polygraph is similar to asking why a coin toss came out heads instead of tails.

It is quite common for truthful people to be falsely accused of lying by polygraph operators. See our Personal Statements page for examples:

https://antipolygraph.org/statements.shtml

In particular, see the statement of Gary Smith, whose situation is similar to yours:

https://antipolygraph.org/statements/statement-028.pdf

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

I Failed a Polygraph. Why?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X