Normal Topic hiring a prostitute (Read 48963 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box abcabc
New User

hiring a prostitute
Mar 4th, 2005 at 3:19am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
i applied for l a county sheriff deputy trainee and after turning in all by transcripts, credit report, etc... i filled out a pre polygraph questionaire and i (stupidly) admitted to paying money for sex, i admitted to hiring prostitutes in tijuana (its legal) about 3 months ago. i also admitted visiting massage parlors 5-6 times, last time being 3 yrs ago. 
then 1 week later i got a letter stating that "unfortunately, after a review of your preliminary interview you have not been selected to enter the next phase"
Does anybody think this could be a disqualifying reason?
prostitution is legal in tijuana, 3 months ago
prostitution is illegal is US, but that was 3 yrs ago.

i also have a father convicted of business fraud and skipped out on bail. could this have been the disqualifying factor?

other than these 2 negatives, i think i m pretty much qualified. i have a college degree, no criminal records watsoever, credit score is high.

i did not get fingerprinted and i am thinking of applying at another agency, and omit the paying for sex part in tijuana.  does anyone think the sheriff dept. will keep my files? just in case they talk to each other?

wat will happen if they find out?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyscam
Ex Member

Re: hiring a prostitute
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2005 at 4:23am
Your files most likely will be maintained by the LE agency where you applied.  Another agency will most likely ask if you have applied to any other agencies and have you sign a waiver that gives them the right to look into your previous application.  Lying about it is not something I would suggest as it will be discovered at some point.  You would then be disqualified for falsifying information on your application.

In AZ you can be disqualified for committing an act anywhere in the world, even if legal where committed, if it is considered illegal in AZ.

If your father's actions had anything to do with your DQ, which I doubt, that agency is way off base.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2005 at 5:58am
i could just say i didnt apply anywhere else, and since i didnt get fingerprinted (livescan), the new agency wont know

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rcop
User

Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2005 at 6:34am
Polyscam,

Lets see if I am correct.  Hypothetically, I grew up in Hawaii where the age of consent for sex is 14.  When I was 18 years old and living in Hawaii I had sex with my 15 year old girlfriend, which was not illegal.  However, in Arizona, the age of consent is 18 years old, so when I had sex with my 15 year old girlfriend in Hawaii I was violating Arizona law.  Now, 3 years later I am 21 and am living in California.  At that time, my new 20 year old girlfriend and I engage in oral sex, which is perfectly legal in California between consenting adults but illegal under Arizona law (I don't know if oral sex is illegal under Arizona law as this is just a hypothetical).  Now I am 25 and apply for a job with the Phoenix P.D. as a police officer.  Are you saying that my prior sexual acts in Hawaii and California, although perfectly legal in those states, would disqualify me in Arizona????

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyscam
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2005 at 6:56am
Abcabc, don't underestimate a thorough background investigation.  Many background investigators will look into local agencies where you may have applied as well as agencies in other cities in which you have resided.

Phoenix PD and Glendale PD as well as the Arizona Peace Officers Standards & Training Board (responsible for state certification) state that any activity that would be a criminal offense if committed in Arizona (whether or not a criminal offense where committed) must be reported and will be a factor in becoming certified which one must be in order to serve as police officer in AZ.  If you're a minor with a minor, no problem.  Adult with a minor, big problem.

The oral sex in California would not be a problem so long as your partner was human, alive and the contact did not take place at a place where you were employed (this information was provided as a courtesy of my poly artist, as I was questioned about bestiallity, necrophelia and workplace sexual contact).

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2005 at 9:37pm
It's confirmed. I just called the employment deputy and she told me my background is not being investigated because of my recent (4 months ago) trip to TJ.
She suggest I try applying 2 years later.

So now I have 2 choices:
1, apply again 2 years later
2, apply elsewhere and omit my trip to TJ

Suggestions, anyone?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rcop
User

Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2005 at 8:10am
I would wait the two years or apply for another agency.  It just depends on the department whether your TJ trip is disqualifying.  If you decide to apply for another department, do not lie.  If you are caught, you will never be hired as a law enforcement officer.  Good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Reply #7 - Mar 8th, 2005 at 7:48pm
Disqualified for taking a trip to TJ? This is the first I have heard of this. What is the reason? Do the departments assume that you have done something illegal if you have visited TJ? Anybody with info on this please respond...

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Mar 8th, 2005 at 8:46pm
BlackJhack wrote on Mar 8th, 2005 at 7:48pm:
Disqualified for taking a trip to TJ? This is the first I have heard of this. What is the reason? Do the departments assume that you have done something illegal if you have visited TJ? Anybody with info on this please respond...

If you read my starting thread, you will see that I hired the services of a prostitute. Yes, I was stupid, most men are when drunk. 
I have decided to wait the 2 year and reapply, I don't want to take the chance of a life-time ban.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #9 - Mar 8th, 2005 at 8:48pm
rcop wrote on Mar 8th, 2005 at 8:10am:
I would wait the two years or apply for another agency.  It just depends on the department whether your TJ trip is disqualifying.  If you decide to apply for another department, do not lie.  If you are caught, you will never be hired as a law enforcement officer.  Good luck.

Thanks, I have decided to wait 2 years. I am pretty sure all law enforcement will require 2 years or more. This incident was just too recent.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Cacowboy4u
New User

Reply #10 - Jun 18th, 2005 at 9:25am
You said that the Department where you applied never did a finger print, background- Right?  Did they do any background check including employment check?

If not then apply at other Departments outside of the county you applied in.   Sounds like you didn't get  to first base. Don't say anything about the hiring prostitute, and if they ask if you have applied any where else- say no.

When you went in for the interview they did a quick criminal background check through the automatied system and driving record.   Departments don't keep that good of a record on where you applied before.

You don't have to be that honest, sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut, your heart was in the right place but not  your mind.  If  the agency does find out about you not telling them, then go from there.  Because if you admit every time  at an interview about your past, you might as well forget that career cause no will hire you, so again what do you have to lose.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Boogered up

Reply #11 - Jun 24th, 2019 at 6:02pm
I was disqualified because I had an affair online that I had not told my wife about. I really feel like I should have said no when asked about extra marital affairs.

IP Logged

hiring a prostitute

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X