Normal Topic Release of Polygraph results (Read 3528 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyscam
Ex Member

Release of Polygraph results
Feb 25th, 2005 at 2:01am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Is there any federal mandate that an agency must release the results of a poly exam to the examinee?  If so, is there any set time frame?  I had a poly with a local LE agency in AZ.  I have requested the results but have received no response.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Release of Polygraph results
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 10:37am
There is no federal law that would compel a local law enforcement agency to release polygraph results to an applicant.

Title 39 of the Arizona Revised Statutes governs public access to government information in Arizona. I don't know whether it would compel an agency to release your polygraph results:

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ArizonaRevisedStatutes.asp?Title=39

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 8:19am
Thanks for the information George.  In the link you sent me I was unable to find any information regarding the release of information (your research into Arizona law is greatly appreciated).  I emailed the contact for the Arizona Polygraph Association.  She told me that release of my polygraph examination materials was at the discretion of the PD for which I applied.  Nearly one month later and none of my requests have received a response (I'm flabbergasted).

I am contemplating writing a letter to my city councilman (start small) with a cc to the mayor, chief of police, recruiter, human resources supervisor, polygraph examiner, state representatives, governor, and national representatives to ask why my simple request is being ignored.  My thinking is that if I inform my councilman that I am willing to have myself placed on the agenda for a city council meeting to discuss the details of my disqualification maybe someone will listen.  A city council meeting would also provide me a public forum to shine light on the scam that is polygraphy.  Any insight, advice or suggestions you may offer are appreciated.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 8:34am
I think it might indeed be helpful to contact your city councilman and to cc those you listed. You might also want to cc the local media about this matter. There is no legitimate reason for any public agency to refuse to release to an applicant materials associated with his/her pre-employment polygraph examination. Then again, there is no justification for such agencies to rely upon this thoroughly discredited pseudoscience in the first place.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2005 at 6:22am
In a move to keep me in the dark, I am in receipt of a letter which arrived today from the personnel supervisor at the PD for which I applied.  She tells me that I am not entitled to any information related to my application, including polygraph results.  This gives all appearances that my poly artist (as was my guess all along) is protected by this department from any claims of misconduct while operating his blood pressure machine.  As this news angers me, I have an new batch of letters going out tomorrow to my governor and state and national senators and congressmen.  A different batch will be sent to all those mentioned in my previous post, including, as you suggested, the local media.

IP Logged

Release of Polygraph results

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X