Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Sphincter's policy...? (Read 8828 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AnalSphincter
Ex Member

Re: Sphincter's policy...?
Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 4:29pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Yes, Loopy had a little fun at my expense, but HIS (not her) intentions were good.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to compare my posts to Loopy's to see that they are absolutely nothing alike.  I actually knew Loopy in passing previously, and we smile everytime we see each other now.  Let me say one thing: Loopy is one hell of a polygrapher, even if he needs to go back to remedial grammar school.   Smiley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 8:18pm
anythingformoney wrote on Feb 28th, 2005 at 4:29pm:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to compare my posts to Loopy's to see that they are absolutely nothing alike.

It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the very first thing newbies, especially literate newbies that can spell, do when trying to create deceptive conversations is to degrade their spelling and/or grammar. If you really want some entertainment, hang around stock market message boards where big bucks are at stake and you will see just how often grammar and spelling degradation is tried for deceptive purposes.

Assuming you have some basic interrogation analytical skills, this would have been obvious.

A.S., in some ways you are demonstrating the disadvantage of newbies trying to be deceptive and operating in an environment with which they are unfamiliar. Even smart people get caught. This is one of the reasons CM's can fail.

marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 8:32pm
Believe what you want.  I considered having old Loop refute your assumptions, but you wouldn't believe it anyhow since we share the same IP address, so what's the use?  Remember the clichéd saying about the word ASSUME.

I find your "newbie" reference extremely amusing--it's a term used almost exclusively by juvenile video game players.   Cheesy  You revealed more about yourself than you intended with that reference.  From now on I'll imagine you with an X-Box controller in your hands.  You'd be even more credible if you'd use additional gamer shorthand like L33T (elite), LOL (laughing on line), pwned (as in I owned you), PRO (as in I'm a pro, while you are a newbie), Fragged (as in killed), etc.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #18 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 8:54pm
anythingformoney wrote on Feb 28th, 2005 at 8:32pm:
Believe what you want.  I considered having old Loop refute your assumptions, but you wouldn't believe it anyhow since we share the same IP address, so what's the use?  Remember the clichéd saying about the word ASSUME.
A.S.,
The problem A.S, is in your own words. I never stated that you and loopy were the same. While I think you are, it is possible you are, in fact, different posters. What is certain is that your "loopy" story is deceptive. 

Quote:
I find your "newbie" reference extremely amusing--it's a term used almost exclusively by juvenile video game players.   Cheesy  You revealed more about yourself than you intended with that reference.  From now on I'll imagine you with an X-Box controller in your hands.

Why thank you!.  I certainly enjoyed computer games when I was younger. Unfortunately, that is one of those things that even us geeks lose when we get older, but I appreciate the gesture more than you realize.

As for revealing stuff about myself, I'm pretty open. Just ask if you are curious.

Quote:
You'd be even more credible if you'd use additional gamer shorthand like L33T (elite), LOL (laughing on line), pwned (as in I owned you), PRO (as in I'm a pro, while you are a newbie), Fragged (as in killed), etc.

Cool!  LOL means "Laughing out loud" not "Laughing on line."  Haven't been exposed to L33T, or "pwned." "Fragged" has been in the general use since 'Nam.

marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #19 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 9:33pm
Hmmm, if you say so.  I'll have to add that to my lexicon.  Time to check out a less elderly cybercrowd, I guess.   Smiley

IP Logged

Sphincter's policy...?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X