Normal Topic cAN SOMEONE pLeASE HELp ME!!! (Read 3301 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Carrottop
New User

cAN SOMEONE pLeASE HELp ME!!!
Feb 22nd, 2005 at 5:44am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have read TLBTLD online book.  I realize that it is O.K. to admit to some small misdeeds during the initial interrogation/questioning (control questions).  Lets say that the poly examiner asks me this control question: Have you ever lied to a loved one?  I tell him about some minor incident.  Then he hooks me up to the poly, and we begin our first test.  He then asks me: "other than what you have told me, have you ever lied to a loved one?"  I know that I then react to this question becuase its a control question.  He then asks me after the first round what I was thinking about... do I tell him something new other than what we discussed.  I know that if there are three rounds of these questions, he is giong to want to know why I am reacting to them each time.  It seems like you would keep going in circles if you had new information for him after every round of questioning....

Please HELP ME, I Have my poly in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: cAN SOMEONE pLeASE HELp ME!!!
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2005 at 8:42am
While your polygrapher will pump you for information regarding any relevant to which you physiologically respond (and perhaps even if you don't), the same is not necessarily the case with regard to "control" questions, which are intended to provoke a reaction.

Sometimes, a polygrapher may grill a subject about a "control" question between charts in an attempt to keep him "sensitized" to it (perhaps especially if the subject has also been interrogated about reactions to a corresponding relevant question). If interrogated about a "control" question, it is not necessary to make an admission. However, should you feel it prudent to to do so, then you may choose to make no further admissions to it following subsequent chart collections.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AnalSphincter
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 8:54pm
A rather wishy-washy answer, George.

My own advice: If you're hiding something serious with regard to the "relevant" issues, start job searching somewhere besides law enforcement.  If you're hiding something with regard to the "control" issues, don't worry about an "innocent," "we've all done that" kind of admission.  If, however, you have committed a felony that falls under a "control" question, again, start job searching somewhere besides law enforcement.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 5:02am
got your message and responded Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AnalSphincter
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 4:29pm
Thank you, Nunyun.  I appreciate your correspondence.  Stay safe out there.  Smiley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 5:13am
always, no bad guys or good guys got killed this week so all is well here.......

IP Logged

cAN SOMEONE pLeASE HELp ME!!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X