Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1095284 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jer

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #450 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 11:10pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
after wasting an hour reading through this discussion trying to find a link for these questions, i found elsewhere in about 2 minutes. Dont know why everyone is soooo concerned with the copyright BS!! crappity smack Pearson whatever! If they wish to sue me, bring it! I got jack shit. already lost everything when i went to prison. cops just impounded my car cuz apparently it was reported stolen from another state. I'm was looking for the questions cuz i finally wanted to take it truthfully without being judged by some quack working for the court system. Your welcome everyone. if the post gets deleted i have the magnet link for the torrent which defies intellectual property rights and cannot be removed!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jason1962

Reply #451 - May 10th, 2013 at 12:51am
Hey ThugCop can u send me the questions please. 

jasoncurtis393@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Karen

Reply #452 - May 22nd, 2013 at 6:32am
I was going to ask before I read the post before mine,...does anyone here know what they are talking about?  I agree, the same type of categorical question is asked so many times and in so many ways that if you are not intelligent enough to notice while taking the test,..studying to pass the test is really pointless and ridiculous.  Not that i agree this or any other type of test should be the 'only' decision making point in weather an individual is or is not qualified or fit for the position desired, I do  believe it serves it's purpose.  If someone were seeing strange animals and hearing voices consistently I guess I wouldn't want that person working in any governmental position.  My advice is to be honest and if you can't be honest about any specific thought or behavior then those are the things you need to work on in life.  Be confident in yourself and who you are and that is your best bet.  Good luck! Oh and for future reference, it is hard to know weather a person is giving valid information if they do not 'site' their information source so others can also learn how and or why whatever your point was may be valid...75% of all people make up random statistics....lol that is a joke but I find that is tends to be true.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sarah Staller

Reply #453 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:24pm
Can I get the rest of these questions???

Sarah
funcurriculum@aol.com

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box renee

Reply #454 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 6:41pm
would very much appreciate the questions on the mmpi.  thank you in advance for being a person that will stand up to the plate and offer help that no one else has the "balls" to do...you stand apart from the crowd; I admire that...and applaud you Smiley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ron

Reply #455 - Sep 18th, 2013 at 11:01pm
thank you

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box really
New User

Reply #456 - Sep 29th, 2013 at 8:03pm
Can you please send me the rest of the test and any scoring guidelines, and other helpful advice!  Thank you

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box HannahNana

Reply #457 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 2:32pm
The MMPI actually has a built in validity test, so anyone can tell if you're lying on any of the questions, it just makes you look bad. It's not something you can prepare for either, you just give your honest answer and go from there. The MMPI was made with the purpose of being reliable and valid and holds more weight than a lie detector test does (which, those aren't even proven valid in the court of law and are often discredited because if someone truly believes the lie/story they show no psychical symptoms-hence the MMPI)
And I'm pretty sure giving anyone any of the questions before hand is illegal...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Elan

Reply #458 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 11:27pm
As a previous poster mentioned, there are 15 “lie” (L scale) items which are used to detect rather straightforward and unsophisticated ways for the test-taker to attempt to present him or herself in a favorable light. They are as follows:

16. Once in a while I think of things too bad to talk about.
29. At times I feel like swearing.
41. I do not always tell the truth.
51. I do not read every editorial in the newspaper every day.
77. Once in a while I put off until tomorrow what I ought to do today.
93. Sometimes when I am not well I am irritable.
102. I get angry sometimes.
107. My table manners are not quite as good at home as when I am out in company.
123. If I could get into the movies without paying and be sure I was not seen, I would probably do it.
139. I would rather win than lose in a game.
153. I like to know some important people because it makes me feel important.
183. I do not like everyone I know.
203. I gossip a little at times.
232. Sometimes in elections, I vote for people about whom I know very little.
260. Once in a while, I laugh at a dirty joke.

Clearly, getting past these is pretty easy. What would the average, non-virtuous person answer? The more vexing problem is getting past the dreaded “K scale”. There are twice as many (30) of these items than there are L scale questions. Worse yet, these questions are anything but clear cut. Unlike the L scale questions, if you answered each of these just to avoid raising your K scale, you would end up raising a good many other negative things, potentially into pathological territory.

The way I look at the K scale questions, is to break them down into three different situations:

1) Items where it’s worth raising your K scale a little to avoid raising even worse scales
2) Items where it’s a no-brainer to avoid raising your K scale because there is little to no downside
3) Items where it’s a personal choice whether to take the raised K scale or raise other scales instead

I’ll break down the K scale items into groups of these situations and in doing so, you can see each of the 30 K scale items. First, group #1:

37. At times I feel like smashing things. FALSE
83. I have very few quarrels with members of my family. TRUE
110. Most people will use somewhat unfair means to gain profit or an advantage rather than to lose it. FALSE
116. Often I can't understand why I have been so irritable and grouchy. FALSE
127. Criticism or scolding hurts me terribly. FALSE
130. I certainly feel useless at times. FALSE
196. I frequently find myself worrying about something. FALSE
213. I get mad easily and then get over it soon. FALSE
284. I think nearly anyone would tell a lie to keep out of trouble. FALSE
339. I have sometimes felt that difficulties were piling up so high that I could not overcome them. FALSE

Again, these are items where it’s arguably better to take the raise to the K scale rather than the raise to other negative things. Answering all these questions in such a way does not come close to raising your K scale to clinically significant levels and you are still left looking quite honest in your answers.

Next is group #2:

148. I have never felt better in my life than I do now. TRUE
157. What others think of me does not bother me. TRUE
171. I am against giving money to beggars. TRUE
267. I have periods in which I feel unusually cheerful without any special reason. TRUE
330. I am full of energy. TRUE
356. I find it hard to set aside a task that I have undertaken, even for a short time. TRUE
365. I like to let people know where I stand on things. TRUE

Believe it or not, answering TRUE to all the above avoids raising your K scale AND other negative scales, so it comes with virtually no downsides. Although the questions themselves may seem silly and thus the answers might sometimes seem counter-intuitive, the people who designed the test were able to correlate these answers with specific types of pathology, so it is what it is.

Lastly, we have the third group, the most difficult ones to answer:

29. At times I feel like swearing. TRUE
58. I think a great many people exaggerate their misfortunes in order to gain the sympathy and help of others. TRUE
76. It takes a lot of argument to convince most people of the truth. TRUE
122. At times my thoughts have raced ahead faster than I could speak them. TRUE
136. It makes me impatient to have people ask my advice or otherwise interrupt me when I am working on something important. TRUE
158. It makes me uncomfortable to pull a stunt at a party even when others are doing the same sort of things. TRUE
167. I find it hard to make small talk when I meet new people. TRUE
243. When in a group of people I have trouble thinking of the right things to talk about. TRUE
290. I worry over money and business. TRUE
338. People often disappoint me. TRUE
341. At periods, my mind seems to work more slowly than usual. TRUE
346. I have often met people who were supposed to be experts who were no better than I. TRUE
348. I often think: "I wish I were a child again." TRUE

As you can see, I personally believe it’s best to answer them all as TRUE, raising things like “cynicism” and “introversion”, rather than looking like a sophisticated liar. Again, this is a personal choice and with these you can go either way. Ultimately, if you answer your questions in the above manner you will keep ANY of your scales from raising to “red flag” levels, provided you don’t answer poorly on all the remaining (non-K or L scale) questions.

Remember, since test admins have no concept of “cheating” they generally won’t watch you at all during the test, which means you can write down or print any of these questions and bring them with you. It can be much harder to recognize the K scale questions than it is the L scale ones.

Hopefully this helps someone! Let me know if you want any of the individual test items broken down to show what scales they individually raise and I’ll be glad to post them in detail. Smiley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wanda Garner

Reply #459 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 12:40am
Hello my husband took this test today because he never seems to tell the truth. He constantly makes bad decisions and never seems to be affected by what he does. It's really sad that he doesn't care about what he does and how he has hurts so many people that care about him. Sad

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #460 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 6:10am
Wanda, I'm by no means a medical expert, but you might want to look into Asperger syndrome as a possibility.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jazz
New User

Reply #461 - May 28th, 2014 at 11:35am
Hi thug cop
I would really appreciate if you could send me the rest of the questions of M.M.P.I.2.   I am giving the test for police job.   
My EMAIL address is sandhutech_22@yahoo.com

Thanks
jazz

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Djohn

Reply #462 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 10:30pm
I would really appreciate if I  could get the rest of the questions of M.M.P.I.2.   I am taking the test for my Fire Department.  Thanks in advance.
My EMAIL address is djohn2924@gmail.com

Thanks
John

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aj3537

Reply #463 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 1:02am
Hi thug cop
I would really appreciate if you could send me the rest of the questions of M.M.P.I.2.   I am giving the test for police job.   
My EMAIL address is aj3537@gmail.com

Thanks
Aj3537

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Japan
New User

Reply #464 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 5:25pm
Hello ThugCop,
Can you please send me the rest of MMPI 2 questions? My email address is jul@vmail.me
Thank you in advance.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X