Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1095361 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box newjob
New User

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #420 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 5:08am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi Everyone, I have a second interview and need to take MMPI 2....I need this job as we had triplets March 14 2012. Does anyone have any advice or I also could use the rest of the questions with much appreciation, PLEASE HELP!
YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT
djanesh@earthlink.net

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box curiouskat

Reply #421 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 6:29pm
Just so everybody knows, there is no "passing" grade.  The questions are scored on a scale where low or mid-range (below 60ish) scores are generally 'normal'.  With some categories, such as masculinity/effeminacy, very low scores are also noteworthy.  You can find descriptions of what the categories are and what constitutes an elevated scores with some quick googling.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box someone reasonable

Reply #422 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 10:51pm
Quote:
There is too much drilling down into the minutiae. The huge elephant y'all keep missing is this: the number of nuts screened out by this process isn't worth the number of decent people denied a job because of this testing scheme. If you think its not a large number, you're dead wrong. Add into it the families whose lives are torn apart thanks to OPINIONS taken as facts in a court of law, the time to look into psych testing under serious review. I fear ANY test that operators say, lay people (spelled you and me) can't understand how to score the test. Very wizard-of-oz'ish. I also fear a test that isn't repeatable, or can't have different scorers arrive at the same conclusion. 
I don't see many recourses built into the process, either, jus a lot of "i-say-so".

Yes, having psychologically unstable people in the NSA/CIA/Military/Police with no way to screen them is totally not worth using a test with something like 97% validity.  Roll Eyes

Guess what, I'll bet you $50,000 that juries and judges have MUCH HIGHER false positive rates, their methodology is MUCH MORE SUBJECTIVE than these tests, and the degree to which a legal decision crappity smacks up someone's life is MUCH HIGHER. But you'll never see "normal people" advocating throwing out the judge/jury system, it makes them sound like a crazy anarchist.

Jesus our education system sucks balls. This is why people need to learn statistics, instead of basing their decisions on completely emotional reactions, personal anecdotes and gut feelings.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box no editing?

Reply #423 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:07pm
Let's apply the same logic I'm seeing used in this thread against the MMPI-2 to other walks of life. See if you can spot the bad logic! Come on, it'll be fun!

"I once got falsely convicted by a jury! This 'trial' system is BULLSHIT! It costs too much too appeal, like $10,000, no one should ever have to be 'put on trial' like this!! Lets throw out the whole system!!!"

"One time, someone used their position of power as a police officer to screw up my whole life! They planted drugs in my car and arrested me. Soon they turned everyone against me and kept saying I was a drug dealer! I can't afford a proper retrial and the whole jury pool is polluted! And now that I'm out, I can't get employment! We should throw out these "drug charges" and never use them again! Look at how drug charges messed up my life!"

"Someone once used a high school calculus test to declare me incompetent in chemistry! crappity smack high school calculus tests, let's ban em!"

"I was doing fine in the interview process until the medical screening, which came back clean, so I'm sure the medical screening is flawed, and that they just didn't cut me for other reasons, like having too many applicants or using the medical test as a screen!"

Y'know what I've concluded? People are bad at logic. Very, very bad. They blame the wrong things for the wrong events and have very little comprehension of basic cause and effect. And no understanding at all of statistics.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box still reasonable

Reply #424 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:55pm
The second "screen" in the last example of my last post was meant in terms of "cover", as in "using the medical test as cover [to disqualify more applicants]"

Perhaps these weren't the best examples, as both the US legal system, and drug laws in particular, are terribly flawed. But they are great representations of the logic being employed in this forum.

"But wait!" I hear you cry. "Those can be appealed!" Well, you could also call up another expert witness psychiatrist to give a second opinion, if you think the first one is out to get you. You can get another psychiatrist. You can have your lawyer question their credentials, methodology and transparency. Good lawyers are good at that kind of shit. It's practically their job to morally, ethically and professionally slander any witness who doesn't corroborate their version of events.

"But these things are too expensive for a normal person to challenge/retake! That's why the MMPI is bullshit!"

So what you're saying is that it's easier for rich people to find employment? And that rich people can afford a better legal defense than poor people?

No

Shit

Sherlock

...but that has nothing to do with the MMPI, and everything to do with the US government and laws.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box karen

Reply #425 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 1:18am
Please send me the 57 ?on the mmpi test. Thank you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #426 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 4:55am
Karen, 

This link gives you the entire MMPI 2, you can take it online and it will score for you.

http://geisel.narod.ru/mmpi2.htm

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box karen

Reply #427 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 5:45am
Thank you Bill! My next question is how do you interpret the results?

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #428 - Sep 21st, 2012 at 2:48pm
You speak with a therapist or psychologist and ask them to interpret the results for you.  That's the problem when you take a psychological test, you have to have a professional help you with finding the result.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box bella

Reply #429 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:35am
anyone have the questions available?  The links are not working. thanks

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #430 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 3:06pm
They apparently removed the link.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box drolah

Reply #431 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 3:05am
ThugCop wrote on Feb 22nd, 2005 at 3:29am:
I have done quite a bit of research on the MMPI 2 used by psychological testing.  Here's the first 75 out of 567 questions.  I could give out rest of them & how some of them are interpeted by psychologists for advice on admitting past history on the psych & medical tests.  See my post on "Help with Admissions for Psych & Medial"

MMPI 2 TEST QUESTIONS IN ORDER
TRUE OR FALSE (567 QUESTIONS)

1.I like mechanics magazines (true)
2.I have a good appetite (true)
3.I wake up fresh & rested most mornings (true)
4.I think I would like the work of a librarian (false)
5.I am easily awakened by noise (false)
6.I like to read newspaper articles on crime
7.My hands and feet are usually warm enough
8.My daily life is full of things that keep me interested
9.I am about as able to work as I ever was
10.There seems to be a lump in my throat much of the time
11.A person should try to understand his dreams and be guided by or take warning from them
12.I enjoy detective or mystery stories
13.I work under a great deal of tension
14.I have diarrhea once a month or more
15.Once in a while I think of things too bad to talk about
16.I am sure I get a raw deal from life
17.My father was a good man
18.I am very seldom troubled by constipation
19.When I take a new, I like to be tipped off on whom should be gotten next to
20.My sex life is satisfactory
21.At times I have very much wanted to leave home
22.At times I have fits of laughing & crying that I cannot control
23.I am troubled by attacks of nausea and vomiting
24.No one seems to understand me
25.I would like to be a singer
26.I feel that it is certainly best to keep my mouth shut when I’m in trouble
27.Evil spirits possess me at times
28.When someone does me a wrong I feel I should pay him back if I can, just for the principle of the thing.
29.I am bothered by acid stomach several times a week
30.At times I feel like swearing
31.I have nightmares every few nights
32.I find it hard to keep my mind on a task or job
33.I have had very peculiar and strange experiences
34.I have a cough most of the time
35.If people had not had it in for me I would have been much more successful
36.I seldom worry about my heath
37.I have never been in trouble because of my sex behavior
38.During one period when I was a youngster I engaged in petty thievery
39.At times I feel like smashing things
40.Most any time I would rather sit and daydream than to do anything else
41.I have had periods of days, weeks, or months when I couldn’t take care of things because I couldn’t “get going”
42.My family does not like the work I have chosen ( or the work I intend to choose for my life work)
43.My sleep is fitful and disturbed
44.Much of the time my head seems to hurt all over
45.I do not always tell the truth
46.My judgment is better than it ever was
47.Once a week or oftener I feel suddenly hot all over without apparent cause
48.When I am with people I am bothered by hearing very queer things
49.It would be better if almost all laws were thrown away
50.My soul sometimes leaves my body
51.I am in just as good physical health as most of my friends
52.I prefer to pass by school friends, or people I know but have not seen for a long time, unless they speak to me first 
53.A minister can cure disease by praying and putting his hand on your head
54.I am liked by most people who know me
55.I am almost never bothered by pains over the heart or in my chest
56.As a youngster I was suspended from school one or more times for cutting up
57.I am a good mixer
58.Everything is turning out just like the prophets of the Bible said it would
59.I have often had to take orders from someone who did not know as much as I did
60.I do not read every editorial in the newspaper everyday
61.I have not lived the right kind of life
62.Parts of my body often have feeling like burning, tingling, crawling, or like “going to sleep”
63.I have had no difficulty in starting or holding my bowel movement
64.I sometimes keep on at a thing until others lose their patience with me
65.I loved my father
66.I see things or animals or people around me that others do not see
67.I wish I could be as happy as others seem to be
68.I hardly ever feel pain in the back of the neck
69.I am very strongly attracted by members of my own sex
70.I used to like drop-the-handkerchief
71.I think a great many people exaggerate their misfortunes in order to gain the sympathy and help of others
72.I am troubled by discomfort in the pit of my stomach every few days or oftener
73.I am an important person
74.I have often wished I were a girl.  (Or if you are a girl) I have never been sorry that I am a girl
75.I get angry sometimes

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box denis

Reply #432 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 6:53pm
i passed the test while hating my father. LOL.
Cop against the war on drugs. Grin Cheesy Kiss

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box tg

Reply #433 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 5:20pm
i had to take an mmpi when i was put inpatient as a teen back in 1987. i answered the questions truthfully. 

do you feel like the world is out to get you - do you feel unfairly treated - do you feel misunderstood - etc etc. 

i got labeled with borderline personality disorder. i told the truth on the test, but couldn't feel safe to speak out with the doctors.

i was in a home where i was beaten, demoralized, branded a liar, and was sexually abused by two men for eight years with my own mother's knowledge.

i knew that when i got home i would be punished more for causing problems and would be again labeled a liar by my family by my convincing, manipulative, martyr mother and that if i said a word of what was happening to me, i wouldn't escape worse.

as a result, i was forced as a 14-yo to dope on thorazine and lithium for my "inexplicable outbursts," quarantined to what they called the QR (quiet room), removed from any contact with my friends, they forced me into a 12-step program for my depression (make amends for being depressed? what is that?) and was sent home when the insurance ran out. 

that was the first hospital, which was shut down a few years later for malpractice. Pacific Gateway in Portland, Oregon.

i attempted suicide and again was put inpatient and misdiagnosed and mistreated by Providence Hospital in Portland, Oregon, only to be returned home for more punishment.

Be very careful when you are *testing* and labeling people. it's fine and dand'y to be very scientific about all of this, and i'm not saying it is without value, but there is something to remember about systems. too much reliance and confidence will mean failure and these are real people with whom you are dealing.

don't do them an injustice by reading the scores and abandoning the person who is being hurt by thinking you know everything. being honest on this test and then protecting yourself in a primal manner against the aftermath is a natural, even more honest reaction and behavior than this test takes into account.

a portion of the hippocratic oath:
>> I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone. <<

this test, its interpretation and potential application... it IS harmful, scientifically flawed, subjective, and removes any power for truth and justice for an abused person.  particularly for one who has been taught through years of experience that authority figures are not able to be trusted.  as this patient, you will most likely a) either answer the questions honestly and be protectively deceptive verbally in your sessions, or b) be dishonest on both.  you have been given no choice.  no other option.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Linda Puckett

Reply #434 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 7:03pm
How could I get the remainder of the MMPI 2 test? Please help!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X