Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1095392 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #390 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 7:50pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
watersmart wrote on Oct 12th, 2011 at 7:19am:
The poly-graph test is designed for truth telling, which leads to ones integrity.

Have you ever heard of a false positive? Your integrity comes from your behavior, not from the polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Intern

Reply #391 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 12:37am
Can someone please tell me how to differentiate the Welsh Anxiety Scale from the MMPI2? Is the WAS included in the MMPI2? Im lost. Huh

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kt

Reply #392 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:20am
can i please be emailed the rest as well as how to self score it? it would be helpful to me. thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Hanane
New User

Reply #393 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:22am
Dears, 

Can I be emailed with the rest of the questions as soon as possible? 

Thanks, 
Hanane.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box smudge
New User

Reply #394 - Dec 25th, 2011 at 2:26am
Quote:
MMPI2 FULL ITEMS AND DETAILED SCORED SCALES OUTPUT with GRAPHS

MMPI-2 Online Assessment provided by Mindfit Hypnosis

http://www.hypnoticmp3.com/articles/mmpr2-online-test.shtml

Guys…so you know that old Russian website script for the MMPI2 with a few scoring errors in the script…well here’s something to put that bad boy out to pasture.

Below are links to another similar script (in fact it looks almost identical to the Russian version at first glance, except this one has amazing scoring detail, and I do mean amazing scoring results. Just click on the “Score” button, without doing the test, just to see some of the awesome graphical scoring displays at the end.  

It actually GRAPHICALLY CREATES THE VARIOUS SCALE PROFILES clearly showing the T-score cut-off values, along with all the other relevant data. It is the most amazing web-based script scoring tool that I have ever seen.  I mean, wow, what an amazing web-based educational tool!  This is a must see for any psychology student or self-motivated learner interested in the subject.

MMPI2 TEST with FULL SCALE PROFILES including graphical representations:

http://www.hypnoticmp3.com/articles/mmpr2-online-test.shtml

Note:  I have not actually tested or fully used the script yet; however, at first glance it looks to work and it appears to produce the most detailed results out of any open scoring script that I have ever come across – it’s a great learning and educational tool.

There is also a nice explanation to everything on their Explanation of Results (scoring) page:

http://www.hypnoticmp3.com/articles/mmpi-scoring.htm

And here is the main page:

http://www.mindfithypnosis.com/articles/free-mmpi2-online.htm

MMPI-2 Online Assessment provided by Mindfit Hypnosis
Medical Disclaimer
The test is designed for individual's age 18 and older. The test is scored by computer, but results obtained by the online test and the explanations of the scores are for self-awareness and entertainment only. Results Analysis will not compare in depth or accuracy to those interpreted by a qualified mental health professional that has had extensive training in MMPI-2 interpretation.

This link does not work.
Or is it because today is Saturday?
Maybe that server is only up on weekdays?
Does anybody have anymore info for this online test?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Crazy Cat Lady
New User

Reply #395 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:41pm
smudge wrote on Dec 25th, 2011 at 2:26am:

This link does not work.

The link does not work because (as posted on the respective website): 

“I am very sorry, as much as I wanted to provide information about and a free replica online test for the MMPI, I have been subjected to multiply filings of DMCA notices by the lawyers for Pearsons Assessments who hold the rights for the original MMPI-2 test. While I originally disputed their ability to seek copyright claim on another persons software code, as the program I was providing is copyrighted by it's author for free use, the amount of times the website has been suspended after a DMCA notice was issued to my web host provider has made it too time consuming to fight it anymore. I appreciate the hundreds of emails from psychologists, students, University personnel and members of the public interested in the test. I will continue to provide a list of my products I believe will help you normalize your score with the MMPI. You can do better at the MMPI of course by growing as a person and gaining additional skillsets - but for now are unable to offer the test itself.”

Not to worry though…

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Crazy Cat Lady
New User

Reply #396 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:48pm
Crazy Cat Lady wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:41pm:
smudge wrote on Dec 25th, 2011 at 2:26am:

This link does not work.

The link does not work because (as posted on the respective website): 

“I am very sorry, as much as I wanted to provide information about and a free replica online test for the MMPI, I have been subjected to multiply filings of DMCA notices by the lawyers for Pearsons Assessments who hold the rights for the original MMPI-2 test. While I originally disputed their ability to seek copyright claim on another persons software code, as the program I was providing is copyrighted by it's author for free use, the amount of times the website has been suspended after a DMCA notice was issued to my web host provider has made it too time consuming to fight it anymore. I appreciate the hundreds of emails from psychologists, students, University personnel and members of the public interested in the test. I will continue to provide a list of my products I believe will help you normalize your score with the MMPI. You can do better at the MMPI of course by growing as a person and gaining additional skillsets - but for now are unable to offer the test itself.”

Not to worry though…

As for a working online script, well there’s always the good old reliable Russian website that will never get taken down like the US ones have (MMPI-2 Questions):

http://geisel.narod.ru/mmpi2.htm

(That respective scoring doesn’t include all the possible scales, and it has a couple minor inaccuracies, but otherwise it works very well and has all the key components.)

Here is perhaps the simplest possible interpretation chart for a quick look at scores (MMPI Interpretation – Anastasya Glezerman, Ph.D.):
http://www.scarletline.com/aglezerman/mmpiinter.html

And this is a new website that has a pretty good overview and a more detailed interpretation sheet for the test:
http://beat-the-mmpi.com/mmpiscales.htm

It’s always amusing to see just how moderately easy it really is to defeat dated pseudo-scientific instruments that rely on secrecy and mysteriousness as their primary method of effectiveness / ‘reliability’.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box memush

Reply #397 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 3:02am
dear thug cop please send me the complete questions. i really need them. here's my email: kylus_magnus@yahoo.com

thanks indeed; you've given me hope.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AD

Reply #398 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 3:20pm
I know this post is quit old but if you still around could you please send me the exam and interpretations (nitro2046@yahoo.com) i would truly appreciate it

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box bb002h

Reply #399 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:35am
In fact, several people have been denied employment in law enforcement or public service as a result of MMPI-2 scoring.  I had a standard follow up interview with a psychologist for a municipal public safety position after taking MMPI-2 in which it became clear that my results, which apparently led the 'doctor' to believe I had trust issues, deemed me undependable under stress and inappropriate for a position of authority.  This was despite my extensive experience over other (mostly teenaged) applicants, in addition to professional references, which are not considered in psych interviews.  MMPI-2 has a purpose somewhere, but not in analysis of applicants for public service jobs.  Even the 'doctor' admitted that 'these tests' are 'mostly accurate' but that he wasn't sure what to think of the results, since he didn't know whether to believe me or the test.  Or so he said to me.  Apparently he said something else to the commissioners, thus I went elsewhere to get hired.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box bb002h

Reply #400 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:40am
Additionally, regarding MMPI-2, the University of Minnesota's own website states that:
"It is used in nonclinical settings to assess persons who are candidates for high-risk public safety positions, such as nuclear power plant personnel, police officers, firefighters, pilots, and air-traffic controllers."
Unfortunately, the test's application has been expanded to employment and recruitment efforts well beyond the positions listed, at least on the East coast.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box figs
User

Reply #401 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 8:24pm
What do you mean - Quote:
Additionally, regarding MMPI-2, the University of Minnesota's own website states that:
"It is used in nonclinical settings to assess persons who are candidates for high-risk public safety positions, such as nuclear power plant personnel, police officers, firefighters, pilots, and air-traffic controllers."
Unfortunately, the test's application has been expanded to employment and recruitment efforts well beyond the positions listed, at least on the East coast.

What positions?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mwl007

Reply #402 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 7:46pm
palerider wrote on May 23rd, 2007 at 2:28pm:
Hilarious! Grin "Cheating" on an MMPI is rich. Haven't any of you heard of the "lie scale" on the MMPI? It's highly unlikely to consistantly pose as a different person throughout the entire test. Last I checked, they don't let you take the test home----and more importantly, they don't much care for an elevated lie scale on a test which asks questions like fear of water and love of your mama. This thread reminds me of why applicants for law enforcement need to be thoroughly interrogated and thoroughly researched. Cheating on a personality test??????    wow.

While I wouldn't poke fun at a non understanding of what a personality test like the MMPI II is and what it's used for, however, I completely agree with you (and raasdo). The best possible way of approaching this exam and to get the most positive results is to be gut wrenchingly honest on it. This is for your own benefit. If you truthfully answer the questions, while the test if far from perfect, (what is perfect in psychology?) it will reveal a personality profile that is a close approximation of who you are and how you react to stimuli (deal in situations). No pass, no fail. Like I think raasdo said, If you don't get the job due to an analysis of this exam, perhaps the best thing you could have done, is not take the job. But yea, it sucks in an economy like this to loose a job opp as a result of a subjective standard on how ones mind should work. But when you're legally allowed to shoot someone at your job, you have to understand the need to assess an applicants mind as best as humans can. Now for any other job (that doesn't allow you to kill) they can shove a 567 question personality assessment up their arse. Technically test an applicant (asses capabilities) and have interviews where you can make small talk and lie to each other face to face. that's just my 2 cents. Good luck on your jobs and protect and serve the best you can.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NSA_hopeful
New User

Reply #403 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 7:43am
The MMPI is a very complicated and rigorous psych examination. You face question-after-question of asinine metrics meant to determine individual underlying cognitive processes.

Generally-speaking, knowing the questions will not help you.
Totally understanding the test will.

Adjunctive-testing is something you can mandate in the event that you do not understand the test and/or get an unsatisfactory result.

That's all I have for you.  Best of luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Meesh

Reply #404 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 3:08am
A person cannot fail the MMPI-2. It can be deemed uninterpretable because the Lie scale is too high, the infrequency scale is too high (not being consistent with your answers on similar questions), and the Correction scale is too high (people trying to look better than they are by answering all questions as if you are an angel. If any of these scores (validity scales) are too high, the person is considered to untruthful and if you are not truthful on a test then an employer probably doesn't want to hire you.  The other scales measure over 10 things by assessing several several questions. The only way you aren't going to get a job is if you are extremely high or low on any of the scales, but if this is so then you should probably be in counseling, or if you try to or lie on the test. Also, please understand that the results of 1 test isn't going to dictate alone whether or not you get the job if one scale is very slightly higher. It would only be in major consideration if the things I mentioned above are relevant.

No one should be that worried about this test. Don't over think the questions. Answer T if it is true over 50% of the time and F if it is under 50% of the time. Several people get really nervous and that can screw with their test score because they are so preoccupied with what each question means. If you are a decent, normal person you will be just fine.

Good luck everyone. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X