Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1095623 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MMPI
New User

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #255 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:21pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
There are several other MMPI & MMPI-2 tests on the Internet. Just use your favorite search engine to find them. Try various keywords and don't stop at the first page of search restults.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mad Mikey
New User

Reply #256 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 5:22am
MMPI BOOKS ON EBAY!!!!!

Now that I have your attention, theres lots of good books out there on the cheap including Ebay when you search 'MMPI' and see what pops up - unless 'psych1' corners the market to keep this stuff out our hands!!! LOL

2 other books I liked are:

Essentials of MMPI-2 and MMPI-A Interpretation by none other then 
James N Butcher  ISBN # 0-8166-2100-4
He decontructs the tests and explains them in a readable manner.

MMPI-2 Assessing Personality and Psychopathology
John R Graham  ISBN # 0-19-506068-7
A much dryer read but still very useful

One thing to remember is that a lot of this relies on methodology for assessment and statistics a lot of folks won't get, but if you like to calculate the statistical probability of getting 2 flat tires at once, etc,
there's a world of info out there at a whole other level!

But these 2 books and the previous book mentioned in the earlier post are the books I rely on when helping out pals that are getting jacked over in custody disputes!

They may call me 'Mad Mikey' but I was as sane as can be when I finally took the test for real myself!!!  But hey! I'm just an engineer from my Fermilab days, with my powers of deductive reasoning, I'd already figured out the design of the test 6 questions in!

But I know  of several cases where the test was admininstered incorrectly by shrinks paid to fail people and they had no idea they were jacked over.
stuff to watch for:
- Never accept an Answer sheet or MMPI question book that is marked up or was marked up and erased.
- Never get suckered into answering only 300 or 400 questions, the 'short test'
- Mark or answer sheet with the HB pencil real hard so no one can change your answers.
- Write your name and sign the sheet in INK so your name is not swapped onto another sheet.  If some on else marks your name on the sheet, authenticate it with your signature.
- Be sure the answer sheet and question book versions match, sounds stupid but some doctors mix them up and you get screwed!
- Be sure the question number you read and the one you mark are exactly the same! With 567 questions to mark in columns, you could make this mistake at any time.
- Don't lie! None of us are really good liers anyway, plus other tests and the observations of a good doctor is gonna figure you out! they've seen it all after a while!
- Be honest, look in the mirror and get your sh#t fixed up, you'll be better off in the long run!

....they don't call me Mad Mikey for nothin' !!!!!!!!!!!!

see ya!

Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #257 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 1:40pm
Mad Mikey

I was sure you would be back. Welcome

If you worked at Fermilab, there's a polygrapher that visits here often that may wish to discuss particle separation with you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #258 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 4:15pm
mad Mikey wrote on Mar 20th, 2009 at 5:22am:
But these 2 books and the previous book mentioned in the earlier post are the books I rely on when helping out pals that are getting jacked over in custody disputes!

Cheesy

Perhaps you could enlighten me on the rationale for licensing and board certification in the psychological sciences and medicine? If you can not answer this question, I think it wise that you consider it. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mad Mikey
New User

Reply #259 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 4:46am
To   'psych1'

Of course medical professionals need to be licensed - or it would be way worse!!!!!!

But folks in duress, ie, custody disputes will never know if a test was screwed up by sloppy work if they have no idea what to look for and are preoccupied by their problems at the same time.

This gets much worse when 'Child Protection Agencies' think dirty and jack you over because a nasty grandma decides to make a false claim.

Shrinks that work for these agencies have Expert Witness Immunity for any testimony they give and any report they write is considered 'prima facie' evidence (considered true unless you prove otherwise).  That means ordinary folks need big bucks to defend themselves, not good in this economy. 

We are citizens, we have the right to know!  If MMPI-2 is suposed to be a secret, then none of the books should be printed in the conventional way with ISBN #s, etc and found in libraries or Ebay!!!

It reminds me of a collection of top secret books during WWII for radar development and nightvision systems, etc, they all had serial numbers and and to be signed out to companies under contract to build equipment for the allied effort.  These books were a technology transfer vehicle, theory, practice and construction of new equipment. Now that's secret - not MMPI-2!

.....remember they don't call me 'Mad Mikey' for nothin' !!!!!

see ya

Cheesy

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #260 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 5:54am
So where do you draw the line? Should we encourage the public to perform surgery on themselves or others (without a license) in case their surgeon makes an error?  You know, this way we can just try it out on our neighbors after reading the Grey's Anatomy testbook and a suture manual. The fact is, although you may indeed have a basic understanding if the MMPI itself from thouroghly reading Butcher's text, you are not trained in psychological assessment. (i.e., integrating information from tests score, clinical observation, and knowlege about personality theory and psychopathology/psychiatric diagnosis to describe a person). Big difference betwen testing and assessment. It's not just about a test score. If this is all it was, this wouldn't be a doctoral level profession.  

Additionally, what is the rationale for requiring a doctoral degree if the subject to be mastered requires no more than reading a test textbook? I find this to be extraordinarly naive and demostrative of a lack of understanding of the complexities of personality/psychiatric assessment.

Shrinks that work for these agencies have Expert Witness Immunity for any testimony they give and any report they write is considered 'prima facie' evidence (considered true unless you prove otherwise).  

Lastly, where on earth did you get this idea?! This is categorically false! You obviously have no formal training in jurisprudence either do you?

I propose that if we trash a test, we talk shit about the Rorschach Inkblot Test. I mean, can we please bury this thing?  I will gladly scientific trash this test with the rest of you. Fortunately, it is used less and less nowadays, especailly in legal or forensic settings.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2009 at 6:37am by psych1 »  

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #261 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 6:30am
na

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #262 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 7:27am
psych1,

What is the purpose of question #69 cited in the first post of this message thread:

(yes or no) "I am very strongly attracted by members of my own sex."

Do you think this is an appropriate question for prospective employees to be asked?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #263 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 8:29am
George W. Maschke wrote on Mar 21st, 2009 at 7:27am:
psych1,

What is the purpose of question #69 cited in the first post of this message thread:

(yes or no) "I am very strongly attracted by members of my own sex."

Do you think this is an appropriate question for prospective employees to be asked?

All I can say is that is NOT item 69 on the MMPI-2.  The person posted the orginal MMPI question list (not MMPI-2), which has been out of use for some 25 years now. Further, an employer never sees an inividual's actual answers or responses from the MMPI-2 anyway. It is not given by them, its done by a contracted psychologist whos ethics code (APA, 2002) strickly forbays sharing raw test data with employers (or anyone who is not a licensed psychologist for that matter). There is no reasson to either.  Again, using an interview to inform the assessment, the psychologist simply writes a report (or verbally reports) an opinion regarding job fitness and/or mental health.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2009 at 12:37am by psych1 »  

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #264 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 9:21am
psych1,

Are you quite sure? I yesterday received a letter from a lawyer for NCS Pearson, Inc. who avers that the first post in this message thread contains material from the MMPI-2.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MMPI
New User

Reply #265 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 2:45pm
Most of the questions in the MMPI where retained in the revised MMPI-2, so the first post does contain some MMPI-2 content.

The complete set of questions from both the MMPI and MMPI-2 are available here

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #266 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 12:31am
George W. Maschke wrote on Mar 21st, 2009 at 9:21am:
psych1,

Are you quite sure? I yesterday received a letter from a lawyer for NCS Pearson, Inc. who avers that the first post in this message thread contains material from the MMPI-2.

There is considrable item overlap betwen the two versions. I am sure Pearson simply saw the title "MMPI-2" and the list of questions.  I doubt they have time to read through all 567 to see from which version it is or to see of they are all completely accurate. 

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Letter from NCS Pearson, Inc.
Reply #267 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 9:44am
As I mentioned earlier, a lawyer for NCS Pearson, Inc. has sent AntiPolygraph.org a letter averring that the first post in this message thread contains material from the MMPI-2 and demanding that it be deleted. For the full text of the letter, and AntiPolygraph.org's reply, see AntiPolygraph.org Receives (and Rejects) a Copyright Takedown Request on the blog.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #268 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 10:57pm
psych1

Ref: your analogy concerning the public performing surgery on themselves without a license: This presents an opportunity for me to share my personal experience and refute your analogy. I have removed three basal cell carcenomas and one melanoma from my face and temple. Two of the carcenomas were previously surgically remove by a dermatologist and came back. After my treatment they have never come back.  Six others, through my involvement, have been successfully cured. I have not experienced a failure. I have four personal friends that have cured themselves with this product who had been sent home to die by the medical profession.

Another example: I have a degree in Bus. Adm. and had a suit and tie job for a number of years. Without additional formal education, I have acquired expert status in the precious metals business which includes all technical aspects of prospecting, developing, assaying, producing, designing and refining to purity precious metals. All this without associated technical degrees.

I consider your statement that success in any endeavor requires a degree in the field is arrogant and self serving.

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #269 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 11:05pm
Twoblock wrote on Mar 22nd, 2009 at 10:57pm:
psych1

I consider your statement that success in any endeavor requires a degree in the field is arrogant and self serving.

I dont recall saying this. I believe I made it perfectly clear that I was talking specifcally about knowledge of psychological assessment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X