Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1097538 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #225 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 5:47am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
sorry posted on wrong tread

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box trucker
New User

Reply #226 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 11:40am
Ladies and Gentlemen,  Relax please.  Most of the post i have read seem to deal with a sub-consious fear of testing.  This is the first portion of the test.  How doe this indiviual handle stress.. Althought the test has many questions a great deal are the same question re-worded or phrased.  a large portion of the results are from the interview and the post interview of the test results.  Face it if you are taking this test for Law enforcement standards the pre-interview will determine your attitude and abilities to handle the stress filled job of law enforcement.  Just look slowly at the 75 questions just relax and the answers will flow easily.  The whole design is to see if you are you or trying to be someone your not.  I recall a post from a former marine ( semper fi ) the test got you because you were thinking from a battlefield point of view.  Survival in war.  Law enforcement is not a complex battlefield of kill or be killed.  its gonna be 90 plus or minus boredom and 10 plus or minus percent shear terror or panic.  Just be yourself.  And if you get threw all the testing and training.  your primary goal is voluntary compliance.  serve your citizens and protect them, their children, and property.  we have enough JOHN WAYNES in this profession.  treat people as you would like to be treated and i promise you respect beyond your dreams.  dont get me wrong its not a cake walk but how you handle things will make the difference in a job you work, or a career of good memories, comrodarie , and people who will never forget your name.  Good luck.  Sorry about rattleing on.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2009 at 11:55am by trucker »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box susieT

Reply #227 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 6:58pm
@ this moment i am chuckling to myself.  
i 1st came across this msg board a few months ago.
quickly & simply found 567 things of interest!  (thanX mad Mikey)  
the reason for my inner amusement is that continually people keep asking for "all 567" of the questions.  & they have been posted TWICE!!  also the comment about "cheating" on a personality test is priceless!  
makes one wonder......Hmmm

......things that make ya' go "Hmmm"......

IP Logged

Reply #228 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 8:11pm
also comical is the all mighty Quest for the "correct" answers.  there are no right answers.  there are no wrong answers.  kinda like answering the following questions;   

TRUE or FALSE:
eg.                   1.  my hair is auburn
                       2.  i have green eyes
                       3.  kittens are my favorite animal
                       4.  blue is the color is like best

trucker,  'tis true about the "stress factor".   & honesty.  honest answers work best.  as in the above examples, yes, you can look bad like answering TRUE to #2 when your eyes are blue. 

anyhow, just remember, if taking the test~~~RelaX & be Honest.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mad Mikey

Reply #229 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 5:59am
Hi all!

Thanks for the credit,  susieT !!

A good point was raised: relax and don't out-smart yourself!!

see ya!

...remember they don't call me 'Mad Mikey' for nothin'!!

Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nothing2See
New User

MMPI-2
Reply #230 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 1:08am
I don't think anyone here really WANTS to cheat. I think it is fair to study something though, to know what you're up against. When it comes to a matter of ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB, I think this test is a pretty solid foundation for an employer to base their opinions. As a employee, I think it is fair to get a look at what you're facing.

In this light, I think both sides are correct.

There are a couple of old sayings I like that really describe this situation.

1) In fighting, the losers, generally speaking, are the ones who complain about broken rules.

2) "Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and crappity smack the prom queen." --Sean Connery (as John Patrick Mason), "The Rock"

Let's face it. Big business, ANY big business, private, foreign, or government wants to know that their investments are secure. This includes investments made in employees. This is an ongoing fight, a fight which any business is clearly going to win. So. It is the employee who will lose, and cry about the rules, or what's fair, and not fair.

Likewise, we as employees have a right to equal oppurtunity. Leveling the playing field doesn't mean "trying our best". It means we level the playing field so no one has the high ground. Thise means no cheating, but no being surprised either.

So I feel that IF any business will issue an MMPI-2, then we should as employees come prepared, not to try our best, but to be the best employee. To be the employee that they are looking for.

As far as lie scales go. Yes. They know when you're lying. If your test looks remotely suspicious, you have to retake it. If you fail, generally, you retake it once, and if you fail again, you may be subject to a psychiatric evaluation.

These are tricky questions, and seeing as I have to take my test tomorrow, yes. I'm looking for information, but nevertheless, I will answer honestly. This test is not about fabricating answers. It's about honesty, and can you be honest enough to share your mental health (or lack thereof)?

In the end, if you're mentally sound, you'll win. If you're not, and you somehow find a loophole, consider this: Somewhere along the road, you will make a poorly based decision that will bite you hard in the ass. I'm talking investigations, inquiries, and jail time.

Ask yourself if this test is worth it, and if it is, what are the consequences down the road, six months, six years, or a decade ahead?

Figure it out for yourself.

I support both sides.

For you "unfair testing" critics, grow up, win, and go crappity smack the prom queen.

Anonymous

IP Logged

Reply #231 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 4:39pm
LOL

prom queen here~~~ready & waiting for a winner!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tracy H

Reply #232 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 2:23pm
Good morning Thug cop.....I am doing a college project on the MMPI-2 Test.  Would you please send me the entire list of questions so I can utilize them as class participation aides during my presentation?  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you!

Tracy H Smiley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #233 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 7:35pm
no, because the test is copyrighted and it is agianst the law to copy or distribute it to the the lay public.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #234 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 10:05am
psych1 wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 7:35pm:
no, because the test is copyrighted and it is agianst the law to copy or distribute it to the the lay public.

Is there a precedent on that?

I think if a person copies the questions for instructional purposes or research it falls under the fair use exception, doesn't it?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Hancocktl
New User

Reply #235 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 10:36pm
Thank you anyway.  I appreciate your rapid response.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #236 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 12:21am
Sergeant1107 wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 10:05am:
psych1 wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 7:35pm:

Is there a precedent on that?

I think if a person copies the questions for instructional purposes or research it falls under the fair use exception, doesn't it?

Yes, this is a good point.  However, instructional purposes for what exactly, and to whom? Presented to grad students in a clinical psychology doctoral program, then yes, giving out the questions would be permissable because all doctoral students in clinical psychology are bound ethically (and in many states, legally) to the APA ethics code. It is pressumed (because you student practice license in on the line) that you know the legal and ethical quandries associated with releasing/sharing test information. Furthermore, they are being trained in the use and intepreation of the test as part of their clinical trianing. Students in an undgrad abnormal psych class are not bound by the APA ethics code and are not being formally trained in its use. I learned about the MMPI (and other measures of psychopathology) as an undergrad and was able to become familiar with its underlying theory, psychometric properties, and purpose without the professor handing out the entire test booklet.  Did they mention a question from the test in a lecture? Yes, I am sure they did.  But we did not get a test booklet. This was simply not needed for puposes of undergrad training.  At this stage, it all about theory and purpose.  When you in grad school, that when you need to get deeper, and learn interpetation as well.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Whatever

Reply #237 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 9:28am
This test will probably be the most important thing I do in my life, also
to everyone who has responded to this. I am not taking this test to 
become a cop, FBI, or any other law enforcement agency employee,
I am doing this because I need a life altering surgery. If I want to be
pain free or hopefully close to it I need a Spin Stimulator put in, due to
damage from a accident to my neck.      So this test is new to me and in my opinion if your information on this test isn't informitive, why are you posting anything. This is a pretty scarry thing if people sit and listen to some of you go back and forth.  Quality info is much more appreciated.                                                    Thank- You

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Whatever

Reply #238 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 9:46am
Trucker, 
            After reading your post, I applaud you if there were any ?'s
about this test you've just answered them plain and simple!!!

Thanks
                                                                 w

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mad Mikey

Reply #239 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 12:55am
Hi to all!

Hey!!!   Who are the poor sports who had my favorite self administered PPMI-2 site yanked off the web ?????

it used to be:

www.fixcas.com/scholar/mmpi.htm

it's a sad day in America.......

Mad Mikey is a Saaaaad Mikey...........

Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X