Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1097568 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box zolo

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #210 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 8:46pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi,
I was trying to print the questions but only 15 of them is making it, the other 60 does not appear on the printing.
How can I get them?
Zolo

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mad Mikey

Reply #211 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 5:41am
Hi all!

There's actually a couple of books written by Dr James N Butchner
where he actually listed all the questions used in MMPI-1 /-2 /-A.

So they are out there to be had if you locate the right book!

...remember they don't call me 'Mad Mikey' for nothin'!!

see ya!!

Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box samchi

Reply #212 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 3:17am
Do you think I can get all of the MMPI2 question from you?
my email is samchi33k@yahoo.com   (1/29/2009)

Thank you

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alistair

Reply #213 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 7:04am
hey mate, i've found this really helpfully, and am wondering if you can help me out by sending me the rest of the q's...would really appreciatre it
cheers
alistair

zalgen1@yahoo.com Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mad Mikey

Reply #214 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 11:29am
Hi Zolo / Samchi / Alistair!!

Just go to the link below:

www.fixcas.com/scholar/mmpi.htm

......remember, they don't call me 'Mad Mikey' for nothin'!!!!

Keep smilin'!!!

Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MMPI
New User

Reply #215 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 2:57pm

IP Logged

New User

Reply #216 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 3:01pm
Quote:
thug cop you do not have those questions in the write order. so you guys be careeful, those guestions are there but not in that order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The questions in the first post are from the MMPI, not the MMPI-2. When the MMPI was revised to become the MMPI-2 some questions where removed and some new ones added.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #217 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 4:28pm
Which means MMPI was flawed so they change things and now it's MMPI-2 which again is flawed.  Next will it be MMPI-4? Since a test of this sort will always be flawed, the revision numbers go up and the scam will continue. Who says crime doesn't pay.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mad Mikey

Reply #218 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 3:45pm
Hi to all !!

Nice to see a spirited discussion on all things MMPI!  Revisions to MMPI
are normal and occur over a long period of time since any change has to tested before it is legally admissable in various applications.

There is MMPI-1 (old) MMPI-2 (current) and MMPI-A (for kids)

Previously somebody mentioned the questions are out of order, they are numbered, take them as they come and answer carefully and honestly.

I used to doubt MMPI-2, but I know now after running tests on known good and known bad subjects that it works and even obtained 3rd party verification in one case as proof.

As I said before in this forum, clean yourself up, don't be perv and you could be normal after all!!!

Am I doctor? nope. do I have an undue interest? nope. I'm an ordinary
L-39 flyin' Joe that almost got jacked over by a court ordered shrink who was told I was 'schizophrenic' and then tried to make it stick!!!!

Well it took a year but that shrink lost her license!!!  thanks to me!!

So straigthen up and fly right and you'll be OK, unless you are a basket case, if so, get help!!!

......remember, they don't call me 'Mad Mikey' for nothin'!!!!

Keep smilin'!!!

Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box creole

Reply #219 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 4:09pm
I just took the MMPI 2 for custody battle.  I had never heard of this test previously so I naturally began searching the internet to find out what its all about.  I found the site and re-took the test online by myself.  I noticed that the scales 4 and 6 were elevated (both above 70).  I found information on the internet that states women going through custody battles will often have an elevated 4 and 6.  Where can I find a profile of a woman that will show me what is considered "normal"??  I find it very difficult to accept that a psychologist (aka complete stranger) is going to provide testimony regarding my "fitness" when she knows very very little about me.  It seems ridiculous that 567 questions (which is nothing more than a "SNAPSHOT IN TIME") can have a profound effect in a court of law.
Thanks for comments and/or help!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box aueuil
New User

Reply #220 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 2:36am
I recently took the mmpi-2 test and received feedback that did not match my personality at all. When I questioned the Psychologist regarding possible biases within the test he denied any bias existed. He also stated that he had not used any of my background information in his assessment. Was he lying or are there no biases for this test. 

The reason I ask is that some of the questions I answered on the test may appear to be a false positive. For instance "People say insulting and vulgar things about me", I have filed complaints against co-workers for saying extremely inappropriate things about my ethnicity. I am not cynical in answering true to the question because it still is happening.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #221 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:29am
Quote:
There is MMPI-1 (old) MMPI-2 (current) and MMPI-A (for kids)

The restructured clinical (RC) scales where added to the MMPI-2 a while ago as an alternative to the original 10 clinical scales. The latest version is the MMPI-2-RF (Restructured Form).  Neither the RC nor RF has yet to become very widely used.

« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2009 at 5:08am by MMPI »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #222 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 9:13pm
Neither the RC nor RF has yet to become very widely used.

[/quote]

I am not sure this is an accurate statement.  I know that Ben-Porath is currently working on a survey of such though.  In my experience, practioners (the ones who were most attached to their dear ole codetypes) are really liking it. Especially at the VA setting where I work, as well as in academic setings.  Some in PP may be slower to join in, but I would say it has been well recieved. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #223 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 9:24pm
Twoblock wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 4:28pm:
Which means MMPI was flawed so they change things and now it's MMPI-2 which again is flawed.  Next will it be MMPI-4? Since a test of this sort will always be flawed, the revision numbers go up and the scam will continue. Who says crime doesn't pay.

This is also a very inaccurate interpretation. Fore example, when Microsoft came out with Vista, the purpose was to enhance and update over previous versions due to increases in technology that occur over time.  No? I am not sure why you have  the notion that updated editions of something imply that previous editions were fatally flawed? If this was the case for the MMPI, then they would have had to assemble new clinical groups and drastically change the questions. They did not. They simply updated antiquated language, and normed it on a sample that matched 1990 census data. This was necceary, since the demographic/ethnic make up of the country is so much different now than it was in 1939. Natural changes over time.  Not flawed theory or test construction.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Magie

Reply #224 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 10:43pm
Please post me all the questions of MMPI-2.
Thanks
Magie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X