Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1095633 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #165 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 12:43am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
lawlizard wrote on Oct 31st, 2008 at 11:09pm:
I don’t think it was your advice, I believe it was your disrespect to him by questioning his integrity. Seeing is you have never met him, I would think it was uncalled for.  

I did not question his integrity. What I said was "Your account is either the result of a great deal of creativity, or an abundance of poor judgement on your part"  I still maintain it is one or the other. If it didn't happen the way he said it did, it was certainly creative. If it happened exactly the way he said it did , he used poor judgment. 

How often to you plan to do the name change thing iraqvet/lawnlizard  ?

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lawlizard
User

Reply #166 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 1:06am
Not sure, depends on if I think of a better name. If you didnt see I said i was changing it. I did want to make sure that I changed it with a low post count that way i could build on that. Anyway, why does it matter? I stand by what i write. If you were apart of this discussion longer than 2 posts ago then to most its clearly obvious that iraqvet is lawlizard. Which is me.

And yes, you did question his story. Maybe you dont see you undertones in your post. But it was obvious to him and me. Oh and creativity means making up when it has to with someone telling you about a real life event.Like how your post is a creative way to try and spin your statement.

I'll be sure to ask your permission before i change my account sir.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #167 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 2:21am
lawlizard wrote on Nov 1st, 2008 at 1:06am:
Maybe you dont see you undertones in your post

Lawnlizard
There are no undertones in an either/or proposition. The only way one can doubt his integrity is by choosing the first part of the proposition. Obviously this is what YOU have done. I haven't disclosed my choice, I have just postulated that the truth lies in one choice or the other. 

No Spin, No Undertone,  In my opinion it must be one or the other.

By the way when you say lawlizard wrote on Nov 1st, 2008 at 1:06am:
If you didnt see I said i was changing it
Are you trying to indicate that you announced in some previous post that you were changing your screen name or that you hid it in some spin, undertone, halftruth, or non-truth?

There is no spin in my explanation either, if you can't decide flip a coin.

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #168 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 2:44pm
lawlizard

Let it go.

You are new here and to should realize that the sole purpose of polygraphers posting here is to discredit this site, George and anyone who opposes polygraphy with false accusations and inuendos. When they find that they can't debate a subject which they picked, they resort to childish ridicule and name calling. Hence "lawnlizard". They will bait you with things like "twoblock  your shrink gave you the wrong battery of tests" and when you answer, they will accuse you of pulling their chain. They will make vain attempts to turn most every thing you say around to suit their purpose.

Dr. Panza, since it's important to you to have the last word, go ahead. I will do my best not to acknowledge your stupidity any longer.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #169 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 4:55pm
Twoblock

I'm betting you won't be able to ignore my comments and I warn you if you keep calling people stupid,{other than being a prime example of the pot trying to call the kettle black,}  someone might start calling you an S.O.B. (Silly Old Bozo)

Of course, I never would.

Sancho Panza

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lawlizard
User

Reply #170 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 5:03pm
good call TwoBlock, I dont want to hijack a good thread.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Evan

Reply #171 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 7:51pm
I dont understand these tests, how can they possibly disqualify you on such stupid questions? I will be taking this test in about a month and not sure what they are looking for if anyone could help me out i would appreciate it, Thanks..........thomasgsx@hotmail.com

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #172 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:01am
Roll Eyes Here we go again.  I would suggest reading through the thread, my posts in particular, if you are truley interested learning about how  the test was constructed, how and why it is a good empirical instrument for assessing attitudes and psychopathology, and how and why it is used in employment screening settings.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2008 at 5:22am by psych1 »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mr

Reply #173 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 3:42pm
Please send me the rest of the MMPI 2 question it would be a great help to me. I take the test in a week. rodriguez7064@bellsouth.net

IP Logged

Reply #174 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 3:50pm
Thugcop
or 
Any one
please send me the rest of the mmpi 2 questiton with the answers. it would help me very much. please send to rodriguez7064@bellsouth.net

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mad mikey

Reply #175 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 2:47pm
Hey!

There's more then the Lie scale, like over 4 scales for Validity, so just be yourself and try not to think evil thoughts during the test!! LOL

If you think evil thoughts, get your sh#t together, stop drugs, heavy metal, say something nice to your mom, help a stranger and don't be an A-hole all the time!

worked last time!!!!  LOL

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mad mikey

Reply #176 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 2:55pm
Just forgot,

I scored MMPI-2 like an air line pilot!  (over the years they have profiled thousands of people by job and background, etc, including axe murders in jail, so they know over a huge data base of results 
if you are faking it (F scale).

So straighten up and fly right losers!!

After all,  they don't call me Mad Mikey for nothin' !!!

see ya saps!!

IP Logged

Reply #177 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 11:41pm
ATTENTION ATTENTION
PLEASE ANYONE SEND ME THE [b]QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS TO THE MMPI-2 ... sEND TO RODRIGUEZ7064@BELLSOUTH.NET

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Frusstreatedd

Reply #178 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 2:09am
I am very upset that I had to take this MMPI 2 test.  I have severe back pain, confirmed by MRI as being caused by degenerative discs and bulging discs.  But standard medical protocol required I take this test to rule out depression as a cause of my back pain.

Did it ever occur to them to just ask me about it?  DUH!  Of course I am depressed, anyone would be depressed if they weren't able to carry out the most minor daily chores, like bathing, without experiencing a ton of pain.

And here's the main point, I had to pay out of pocket for a lumbar epidural steroid injection $50.80.  A major procedure to help me overcome my pain, right?  And yet, lo and behold, I will have to pay out of pocket $200.00 for this stupid MMPI-2 test.  Completely unnecessary, only adding to my medical bills, which are higher than a kite as it is!

That $200.00 could have been used toward useful tests, tests that could further determine the actual cause of my pain, things like CAT Scans, or more MRI's, or co-pays to other docs, whatever, so I am pissed I have to pay out $200.00 for a stupid test which does NOTHING to resolve my pain, or diagnose the true source of my pain.

Judi

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #179 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 8:55am
With all due respect, I believe you have overlooked an important factor here.  There seems to be alot of focus on the MMPI-2 as a diagnostic instrument.  However, this is not its sole fuction in a clinical context.

In your situation, as a psychologist, I am very interested in the quality of life of individuals coping with chronic pain.  Since the MMPI-2 is sensitive to changes in distress over time, the MMPI-2 is often used as objective way of quantifying emotional distress level and emotional symptomatology and tracking their change over time. It is very common to give the MMPI pre and post treatment for chronic pain syndromes, so the treating physician can see how quality of life has improved (or possibly not improved) after a course of treatment. This is for your benefit, as it allows the treating physician to: 1.)understand how you are coping with chronic illness/pain so appopriate referals can be considered (ie., psychiatry, psychotherapy services if needed) 2.) as a way of tracking and objectively measuring improvments in emotional/psychological functioning after a treatment has been implemented.  

Although the cost is a pain (and I can sympthathize), you should feel comforted by the fact that your physician is taking a look at the entire clinical picture here. Until recetly, "sucessful treatment" in physical medicine was defined  solely as "symptom eradication."Fortunatley, in recent years, medical provders have become more cognizant of overall "quality of life" issues and the emotional/psychologcial sequelae that affect the chronic pain population. Personally, I would take comfort in the fact that your doctor is viewing you as whole person, rather than just a black box of symptoms that need to be treated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X