Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1095609 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box bob d

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #150 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 5:14pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
  please send first 75 questions

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lawlizard
User

Reply #151 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 9:54pm
um, they are posted on here already, check the first few pages of the post

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #152 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 2:11am
lawlizard

I find it amazing that psych1, like polygraphers, come here and continually try to uphold the validity of an invalid test worbling the same old poppycock humpteen dozen times. 

I have taken this test two times at my own volition because I thought I might need some anger management. First time, a number of years ago, I was managing 2 mining operations. I had to fire a guy and before he left he forced me to kick his ass. Later that day he showed up wearing a six shooter. I strapped mine on and confronted him with a challenge to make his move. Fortunately, for him, he backed down. I would have killed him. Background story. The test showed that I was a noodle wimp. A few years ago I nearly killed a man for calling me an SOB. (Call me anything but that). I figured I better go back to the shrink and get some help before I wound up the Cross bar hotel. Guess what? He shoved another mmpi test under my nose. Again it showed me to be a noodle wimp. Therefore, mmpi like the polygraph is only a way for a lot of people to make a living. I guess I shouldn't criticize any one's livelyhood but, dammit, just try to push validity on me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #153 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 4:56am
Twoblock wrote on Oct 30th, 2008 at 2:11am:

he forced me to kick his ass.

Grin I just found this particular line quite humorous and telling. I will leave it at that.  Although, maybe I will lay off talking about construct validity studies with twoblock.... Wink

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #154 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 12:54pm
psych1

That particular line is easy for a normal person to understand. Here it is in a form that you just might understand. He turned his physical aggresion on me and I had to defend myself and put him down. Now that wasn't hard for you to understand. Was it? What else is so telling? What else can you CON STRUCT that is not destructive? Like a polygrapher, you sound like a broke record, Bud.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #155 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 7:08pm
Take it easy pal.  I knew what it meant, just some good natured humor, thats all.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Reply #156 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 8:59pm
Later that day he showed up wearing a six shooter. I strapped mine on and confronted him with a challenge to make his move. Fortunately, for him, he backed down .. A few years ago I nearly killed a man for calling me an SOB. (Call me anything but that).

Gee twoblock   Sounds like your shrink gave you the wrong battery of tests.

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

User

Reply #157 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 11:15pm
Well, i posted a new thread about mine, i just took it. I did use a few guidelines. From what i am told by the department everything looked good when they got the call as of now. She stated she has to look at it a little more. But as of now its good too go.

She also asked me this, what is does the term mean strike why the iron is hot. lol I answered it by the book. But who knows what answer she was looking for. 

I agree with you though twoblock, I dont think those test read a damn thing, but who am i to say that, I have only been living me for 26 years

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #158 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 7:07am
Gee Dr. Panza - What battery of test would you prescribe. I thought for sure you would take psych1's position since you both are trying to push the validity of your chosen field tests. You don't believe in the mmpi test either. HUH?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #159 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 7:25am
lawlizard

When you reach my age 78, you surely will know you. You won't need a shrink to TRY and tell you who you are. I found out that old age is the best treatment for anger management if you can stay alive that long. There's some young bucks out there that's pretty good. However, I still haven't learned to back down. Maybe in 4 or 5 years.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box KMac

Reply #160 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 6:54pm
How on earth do you fail a personality test?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #161 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 6:56pm
Twoblock  You seem prepared to question the validity of any test that requires skilled data interpretation especially if YOU don't agree with the results. 

But, since you asked; maybe the Aggression Disorders Scale (ADS) or State Trait Anger Expression Inventory-2(STAXI-2), Multi-dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), etc. I say "battery" of tests because an anger disorder appears to be a multi-dimensional construct and one needs to explore and assess the different aspects of the anger experience. MMPI-2 really doesn't have an "Anger" sub-scale although some practitioners may draw an inference from a combination of existing subscales. Also I don't recall the phrase "noodle wimp" in any of the MMPI reports I have read.   

note:to PSYCH1  My apologies for any glaring errors here it has been awhile since I last set in a psychology class and I'm no Doctor, feel free to correct me if you wish. 

I had to fire a guy and before he left he forced me to kick his ass. Later that day he showed up wearing a six shooter. I strapped mine on and confronted him with a challenge to make his move. Fortunately, for him, he backed down. I would have killed him.  A few years ago I nearly killed a man for calling me an SOB. (Call me anything but that).  

Tell me Twoblock, in this "High Noon" story; Was there background music playing?  Did you wear spurs for that intimidating jingling sound as you stepped into the dusty street in front of the old mine to face Black Bart and challenge him to "make his move"? Didn't they turn this story into a movie of the week a few years ago?  Your account is either the result of a great deal of creativity, or an abundance of poor judgement on your part. 

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #162 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 7:52pm
Dr Panza

I try to stay prepaired.

Your second para. just made my point. Why did the idiot shove a mmpi test under my nose? Answer. MONEY.

There was no music and all I had with me was a dog ass polygrapher to lie for me just in case I made the first move. Could have been Gelb, Trimarco, hell, I can't remember his name. If I ever get in that situation again, you will be the first polydupe I'll call. I'm not very creative except in the mining business. I don't have an abundance of poor judgement. I do have an abundance of confidence in my ability with a side arm. Learned from a Hollywood fast draw artist nearly 40 years ago. I already knew the art of shooting from the hip. 

As I posted earlier, age has taken care of most of my anger problems.

You really break my heart when you question my honesty. NOOTT. It's totally inconsequential to me whether you believe me or not.

You do have the propensity to jump into a discussion when your chain hasn't been pulled. I believe this discussion was between me and lawlizard.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #163 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 9:14pm
I've never been to Hollywood, but I think they use blanks in the movies thus the stakes are different. Stepping out in to the street for your Marshal Dillon gunfight was pretty stupid. In REAL gunfights your opponent can still kill you after you have dealt him a lethal blow. I saw a guy shot in the chest with a 357 magnum, fire 3 rounds from a high powered rifle before he went down. Autopsy showed the round actually went through his left ventricle. 

But, all that  doesn't make any difference. Your point was that the MMPI wasn't a valid test. You were wrong, it simply wasn't the most appropriate test for the circumstances. 

Quote:
You do have the propensity to jump into a discussion when your chain hasn't been pulled.

Remember,
Quote:
Gee Dr. Panza - What battery of test would you prescribe.

You asked me what other tests might have been more appropriate and I answered your question. If you don't want my input keep your hands off my chain.

cur·mudg·eon (kr-mjn)
n.
An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.

Sancho Panza

IP Logged

User

Reply #164 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 11:09pm
SanchoPanza wrote on Oct 31st, 2008 at 9:14pm:
I've never been to Hollywood, but I think they use blanks in the movies thus the stakes are different. Stepping out in to the street for your Marshal Dillon gunfight was pretty stupid. In REAL gunfights your opponent can still kill you after you have dealt him a lethal blow. I saw a guy shot in the chest with a 357 magnum, fire 3 rounds from a high powered rifle before he went down. Autopsy showed the round actually went through his left ventricle. 

But, all that  doesn't make any difference. Your point was that the MMPI wasn't a valid test. You were wrong, it simply wasn't the most appropriate test for the circumstances. 

Quote:
You do have the propensity to jump into a discussion when your chain hasn't been pulled.

Remember,
Quote:
Gee Dr. Panza - What battery of test would you prescribe.

You asked me what other tests might have been more appropriate and I answered your question. If you don't want my input keep your hands off my chain.

cur·mudg·eon (kr-mjn)
n.
An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.

Sancho Panza

I don’t think it was your advice, I believe it was your disrespect to him by questioning his integrity. Seeing is you have never met him, I would think it was uncalled for.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X