Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1095616 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #105 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 9:47pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
tracy

Your doctor is required to tell you how you did on the test. Don't assume that you did badly. psych1 will tell you there is no pass or fail for the mmpi. You should want to know the doctor's evaluation of the test just in case you wanted to sue him in a court of law. Also your doctor wants another consultation fee.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jean

Reply #106 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 7:36pm
Do you know if you can appeal or fight the results of a psch test? My son just went through the process for the PA . They sent a letter saying that he failed. I know this is my son but he is the most normal person I know. I just feel that this was very unfair. Any info that you could give me would help. My whole family is sick over this.
                                     Thank You,
                                    A VERY SAD MOM

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box psych1
Senior User

Reply #107 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 4:47am
For the ten millionth time, their is no "fail" on a psych test. I don't know what people mean when they say this. 

If you feel your son's psych eval was done by an incompetent examiner, you can always get a 2nd opinion. Besides the fact that you dont like the results, what specifically do you fee was done wrong?
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2008 at 8:19am by psych1 »  

IP Logged

Reply #108 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 3:12pm
Hi,
On the letter he recieved it stated that  "you fail to meet the psychological requirement which are required to perform the essential functions of a port authority officer"  Isn't it possible that sometimes they are just trying to eliminate an over abundance of applicants and that this may not be fair? Where can I get a second opinion? He put a whole year of his life into this process which seemed to be to no avail. Like I said, i know he is my son but he is a good kid who did deserve this job. He is a clean cut kid,  no drugs no alcohol, never in trouble, Graduated college with a BA ,  physicaly fit etc...  They even called him in for the medical part of the test 2 weeks after the psych part.

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #109 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 9:48pm
I have no knowledge and can not comment on the motivation of the port authority or of their hiring practices. I am a psychologist. 

As I said, if you disagree with the psychologist interpretation of certain tests, I would contact PA to see what the steps are to appeal and petition for a 2nd opinion. "A good kid who deserves this job" is not very informative, nor persuasive. Most moms think this of their children, right?

IP Logged

Reply #110 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 10:16pm
Thank you for answering me. He is going to call to see  if there is an appeal process. You are right ,most moms feel that way about their children.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box not a member

Reply #111 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 3:57am
You cannot pass or fail an MMPI. You can only lie or not lie. The only reason companies have you take this test is to make sure you are not a person who may freak out one day and blow up the company. You generally will not fail to be hired because of your score unless you score high as being seriously mentally impaired (schizophrenic, dissociative, etc.). You know, in general, crazy (I apologize to those who are offended by the word).

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box not a member

Reply #112 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 4:02am
Jean,

Your son may have placed to high on a certain level, making him too unstable to be a Port Authority Officer. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with him, but he may have certain views about things that they do not like.  I think that if he is trying out for that kind of job he is probably a very good boy. 
However, if it still worries you, you can always tell him it bothers you and you'd like him to talk to someone (even if it is just once) to ease your fears. It may be helpful.

Tell him good luck!

IP Logged

Reply #113 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 1:51pm
Thank You  (not a member),
  To tell you the truth Iam not worried about my son that way. He is very smart he has strong convictions and alot more common sense than most adults i know. I have 2 sons and i know the difference. They are totally different, if it were the other son, I wouldn't feel this way. How reliable are these tests when they ask things like "do you have a bowel movement once a month" / "do you see animals and people around you when no one else does"!!!!!!  In my heart-i feel that they had to start eliminating kids because they had too many applicants. I know of one kid who "failed" 1 year ago and took it agian and passed, So does that mean that he told the truth the first time, and lied the second. I don't believe so.  I think they use this test as a way to cover themselves when they let these kids go. It just seems soooo unfair
I appreciate you answering me , it does help to talk to other people.THANX

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lawlizard
User

Reply #114 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 6:36am
psych1 wrote on Oct 12th, 2008 at 4:47am:
For the ten millionth time, their is no "fail" on a psych test. I don't know what people mean when they say this. 

If you feel your son's psych eval was done by an incompetent examiner, you can always get a 2nd opinion. Besides the fact that you dont like the results, what specifically do you fee was done wrong?

fail would be not geting the job, that means do not "pass" go do not collect a check from a job you wanted, simple enough egg head? maybe your the one that needs a test, you really think to deep ino this simplified questions lol

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #115 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 9:26pm
Apparently, you were not picking up the good natured satire. I thought I laid it on pretty thick. But apparently you missed it.

IP Logged

Reply #116 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 3:21am
Called the PA -- no one will give me any answers on appeals, they said you have to write a letter.   I called a lawyer (that i got from the Chief  newspaper) He said that the PA does not have an internal appeal process like the FD or PD. It is much harder to appeal. He knew of the Dr. who sent us the letter ( he mentioned her name). He also said that a family had just been in with the same disqualification letter that my son got.  He seemed to be very knowledgable of the whole situation.  If i retain him it is a flat fee of $5,000.00.  No guarentees--- It will go to supreme court.
does anyone have any opinions?

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #117 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 5:49am
Yea, but how much is the psychologist he retains for consultation on this case gonna cost you? I am assuming you are wanting to challenge the interpretation here, right?  If so, he is gonna have to retain a psychologist.  And, unless he is the nicest lawyer in the history of the world, you will be responsible for the cost.

I suppose this comes down to a cost/benefit analysis for you.  I wish my mom was as willing to get litigious when the Dairy Queen fired me when I was in high school.  It was a total injustice I tell you! Wink By the way, I'm curious to how old your son is and why you are doing all this legwork for him, rather than him for doing it for himself? I get the sense that you want this job for him more than he wants it for himself, given the fact that you were the one who posted on the board expressing frustration with the situation, not him. So, I guess my question is, who is this job really for, you or him?
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2008 at 5:51pm by psych1 »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gary davis

Reply #118 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 4:05pm
I find it interesting this problem is being addressed by mom rather than the applicant..this may be an indicator of what disqualified her son

gary

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lawlizard
User

Reply #119 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 10:40pm
what i dont get is that they ask you if you like achery and stamp collecting, i mean are you for real? if you like to hunt your a nut job? or unfit lol. I know 14 -18 police officer that hunt.. i duuno the test is kind of redundant.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X