Normal Topic National/Local agency checks (Read 7077 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yatittle
Senior User

National/Local agency checks
Feb 12th, 2005 at 10:39pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
How long does it take for national and local agency checks to be completed? Let's assume the person being investigated is 35 years old.

Thanks
Randy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Re: National/Local agency checks
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 6:38am
Usually long enough to run NCIC III and see if you have a NIC# or an FBI# that you have been in the system for whatever, prints/priors ect.  (all about thirty minutes if that).

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 7:34am
Dear yatittle,

Nunyun is correct that it takes little if any time for a quick cursory check.  Any hits on the basics without clear adjudication is the kiss of death in most law enforcement postions.  As mentioned, an FBI# hit is a sure fire way of getting anyone's attention.  "Not being within FBI parameters" will get you on the FBI hit-list.  A pre-screening test without background check will find you guilty only on the results of a polygraph test.  Very scary indeed on the power of the polygraph.   

I doubt we are getting the brightest and the best on this test.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 8:18am
I would assume that something simple like a previous job/pistol permit application which requires a run through NCIC would get you a number as well.

Fair Chance, if one fails an FBI polygraph and said individual’s name is run through NCIC during a subsequent application process with a local agency, would the hit return show specific info that a polygraph had been failed or would it simply say that the person had been printed and processed in the past by the FBI?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 4:17pm
I think it just comes back that you have an FBI# meaning you have a file/case with them and that agency requesting info would have to contact them for specifics.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 8:32pm
anxietyguy wrote on Feb 13th, 2005 at 4:17pm:
I think it just comes back that you have an FBI# meaning you have a file/case with them and that agency requesting info would have to contact them for specifics.

You are correct,  if you are printed for let's say a job application for another agency, you fail the poly.  You go to another agency and apply they do your background and run you NCIC for 29's local or all, you come back negative but with a FBI# or NIC#.  All that tells them is there is something else there but they don't know what it is.  Could be that misdemeanor from the early 80's in college or that felony when you burglarized that store last year.  The agency runs the NCIC which gives the reason you have a # such as Agency xyz took your prints and a request two years ago (kind of like whose been looking at your credit report).  They can contact agency XYZ with further investigation and find out why they ran your III and why they printed you as it would not say on the III itself, unless it was a crime (felony or misdemeanor)   

Keep in mind this is in theory and does require leg work on the BI's part but if you said you have never been with another agency (or applied) and they find out that you have been printed with another agency they are going to look into it and check your integrity.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alice
User

Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 5:23pm
I had prints sent to FBI ten years ago for an incidnet involving MJ (wherein adjudication was withhheld and the Courthouse told me there was nothing to expunge due to no guilt)  I went to a PD to get a sheriff card and told them about it (before I knew there was no adjudication of guilt)..hence the prints went to the Bureau...will that be alright?  the sheriff's office told me on the phone at Records that they have in their files that there was no adjudication of guilt and there was nothing negative...

that is all there is and the BI knows of this..any comments on this as to it hurting me in some fashion as there is no conviction?

Alice

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alice
User

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 5:25pm
forgot to mention..poly passed and medical..and BI knows life story...no omissions.

Alice

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yacks
New User

Reply #8 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 2:43am
How far back does DSS go back for on a secret NAC reinvestigation?  What is involved in a local AC?

Thanks

IP Logged

National/Local agency checks

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X