Normal Topic Oral Psychological Interview (Read 27483 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box DRIPSTER
New User

Oral Psychological Interview
Feb 6th, 2005 at 4:44am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Well I had my oral psychological interview today, and I can say I didn't do too well. I was asked to answer some questions fast and came up with the wrong answers. The psychologist never asked me about my written test but asked me some simple questions which I messed up on. I am now feeling that I didn't pass this part of the process.
I was so nervous that it took me three times to answer his questions. I felt like an idiot. I was wondering do these little interviews make or break you? Then another question was about my fathers brother and my brothers father and there relation. I swear I was like holy shit im lost. My nerves got the better of me. I guess it is up to the shrink now to decide my fate. Does anyone have an idea of how much the oral weighs in conjunction with the written psychological test.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2005 at 4:09am by DRIPSTER »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Re: Oral Psychological Interview
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2005 at 5:30am
The oral and written are both a complete portion of what the psychiatrist uses to determine your suitability for the job.

I am assuming that the bottle question was to determing how well you reacted under pressure and whether or not you could do so competently.

Ultimately, the decision lies in the psychiatrist and whether or not he is willing to "recommend" you for hire no matter how well you think you did on the written.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2005 at 6:04am
wow I have never heard of that test, all I have ever taken was the MMPI and from what you described I would rather take that then the bullshit you just described Wink

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2005 at 4:56pm
Do you think a psych would bounce me for being nervous and failing to answer his questions correctly on the first few tries?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2005 at 9:12pm
I doubt it, they have to take in acount that you are nerous at the time. I would be suprised if he/she failed you soley on that B.S. soda question.

Anxiety

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 2:15am
removed
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2005 at 4:09am by DRIPSTER »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeffery
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 3:17am
If a train left Clevland at 10am and travelled at 50MPH, and a train left Detroit at noon travelling at 65 MPH, How far would the Cleveland train be from Cleveland after 2 hours?

Shocked

Sorry guys.  Is this for real?  Do you really have to go through this to be a corrections officer?  How hard can it be to babysit a bunch of cons?  I'd rather have a prison guard who can shoot straight instead of answer some stupid math questions.  Sucks that they make you do this for that job.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 4:10am
sorry had to remove the questions. but we get the idea.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeffery
Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 5:29am
Dripster-

I hope you didn't think my response was directed at you personally.  I was more expressing shock that "the system" would make you answer those questions in the first place.  Seems like a waste of time (and money) to me.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 6:40am
No i didnt at all. I just hope to god that these logical questions arent the deciding factor to my career. I mean honestly how many people dont get nervous in interviews like this?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Estabine Thales

Reply #10 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 5:49pm
During my oral psych for correctional officer nyc, the psychologist asked me why I said i feel uncomfortable around transgender. I was chocked because i did not remember that what i wrote down. I explain to her that i do hate transgender, i dont have any problem working with them, i just feel that is not the right thing in society. i dont know if my respond would help me recover what i was not suppose to say. 
Can someone give me an idea. i have not get any letter or email from the dept yet.

IP Logged

Oral Psychological Interview

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X