Normal Topic sheriff requested i take a second test (Read 3279 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sam4u
New User

sheriff requested i take a second test
Jan 18th, 2005 at 1:51am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
help I am acused of theft and i took one poly already the exaiminer told me as far as he is concerned i'm telling the truth but because i was sick my breathing would'nt let the computer score so he said he will explain the situation to the officer but that it would be the sheriff decsion if i had to re take the test.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Re: sheriff requested i take a second test
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 2:30am
DO NOT take the poly. Regardless of what the sheriff says you are not required to take one. Get a lawyer and tell them once was more then enough. This can only hurt you as there is a chance of a false positive.

Anxiety

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sam4u
New User

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 2:58am
thank you i am so confused because if the exaimner says in his opion i was truthful why a second test

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yatittle
Senior User

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 3:13am
sam4u wrote on Jan 18th, 2005 at 2:58am:
thank you i am so confused because if the exaimner says in his opion i was truthful why a second test
The only thing you can be not-confused about is that if you take a second test, then there is no doubt you could possibly have a false positive. 

No matter what the examiner says, it appears that it is not his decision what the verdict of your innocence is, based on the whatever the results of the test happen to be. I agree with the first response to get a lawyer and avoid taking a second test.

Randy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 9:05am
Unless perhaps you are a government employee or on probation or parole, you can't be forced to take a polygraph "test" concerning the theft of which you have been accused.

I agree with Anxiety and Randy and think you would be wise to get a lawyer and refuse any "re-test."

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Jan 22nd, 2005 at 3:21am
It still amazes me how few people actually ever get a lawyer when accused of a crime.

I will state it once again for the record:

GET A LAWYER!

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

sheriff requested i take a second test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X