Normal Topic first time polygraph and probation (Read 3305 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box realgy
New User

first time polygraph and probation
Jan 16th, 2005 at 6:41am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have to take a polygraph (for the first time in my case) as part of a sex offender evaluation which is one of the terms of my year's probation. When I made the appointment, the polygrapher told me that one copy of my results would be sent to my psychologist and one would be sent to the probation officer. I have just one question... if I were to fail the polygraph, how would this affect my probation or is this so the psychologist can advise the probation on what and how much treatment they want to give me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Re: first time polygraph and probation
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2005 at 6:00pm
The last thing you want to do is fail a SO-related polygraph, whether it is a maintenance one or a history one. Many places now"consequence" you to give you an incentive to be nondeceptive. Some of the repercussions include extra counseling classes (although you sound like you are in a one-on-one setting), being moved into a group home, performing community service, having privileges taken away, having other things taken away (e.g., home computer), being placed on an ankle bracelet monitoring program (or a pager-based variation), and well, the list goes on. I've seen probationers have to move out of their own house and not have contact with their wives until the wife attended couples counseling. The big bonus one though is having your probation extended. Believe me when I say: you really don't want to fail.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box realgy
New User

Re: first time polygraph and probation
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2005 at 7:19pm
Thanks for the response, though very scary. I can tell you it my offense was a public indecency charge and that I have cooperated 100% from the beginning with everyone, paid the probation in full ahead of time, scheduled and began the sex evaluation right away, and scheduled the required polygraph  which is for this week. I was given one year's probation, no jail time, paid a fine and was required to have the evaluation done. I was just concerned when told the results of the polygraph would be reported to the psychologist as well as the probation officer, which concerned me. Though the psychologist did say the passing or failing of the polygraph would have to do with the amount of "treatment" etc.

IP Logged

first time polygraph and probation

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X