Normal Topic what exactly is a post interrogation (Read 6928 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box calicoast
New User

what exactly is a post interrogation
Jan 12th, 2005 at 10:03pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have another question. During the polygraph a person will go thru the pre, in and if the polygrapher decides will go thru an post polygraph. 

what exactly is a post test poly? 

but if they go thru the questions once and then try to obtain an admission and then go thru the test again. is that considered a post test? alittle confused on that. 

I had taken mine last week, and was really nervous about it, i sat down discussed the questions and then answered either yes or no. then Mr. Polygrapher hooked me up to the machine and asked me the "familiarization" questions. then on to the test. then he said the test was done and waited a few seconds and said now we will begin the test again. so i answered all the questions again. at the end he stated that the test was over and began to unhook me, he said that i had a reaction to the question "have you ever had an undetected crime?" but i told him what i had told him before i was hooked up to the machine like littering and jaywalking stuff like that, nothing major. after that i thanked him, and told him to have a good day, and then the receptionist asked him if there was anything else he needed from me and all he wanted was my fingerprints done and signed off on, and then said that i was all set. 

what does this mean? did i have a post interrogation, was that a relevant question? any help would be appreciated.  the first test had about 10 questions and then the pause and then another test with 10 questions about the same as the previous 10 just ordered and worded differently.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: what exactly is a post interrogation
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2005 at 10:21pm
A post-test interrogation (note terminology) follows the "in-test" (chart collection) phase, generally when the charts are interpreted as indicative of deception. In some instances, a polygrapher may conduct a post-test interrogation regardless of the charts. Based on your account, it seems you  did not have much of a post-test interrogation. Were you even accused of deception at all? Or were you merely told that you reacted to the question?

I suspect that you probably passed, and that your polygrapher simply engaged in some last-minute fishing for a possible admission.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box calicoast
New User

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2005 at 10:27pm
thanks for your response george,

No the polygrapher he didnt make any suggestion or indication of anything towards being deceptive. Just at the end i told him that wasnt as bad as i once thought, and then he said that I did have a slight reaction to that question "have you ever had an undetected crime?"

is that a relevant or control question?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2005 at 10:59pm
If the question was, "Have you ever committed a major undetected crime?" then it was relevant. If the question was about any crime at all, then it was probably intended as a "control" question.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2005 at 11:34pm
sounds like you passed (if there is such a thing)

Congratulations

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AnalSphincter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 6:38pm
Surprise, surprise.  It appears the polygraph worked.  I bet if we searched long and hard we might find at least 50 million other times when it worked.  Cheesy

Oh, and no, that wasn't a post-exam interrogation.  If you had ever been involved in interrogating someone, you'd realize that you were let off very lightly.  I'd surmise that you didn't flat-out fail the polygraph, so you can probably rest easy.
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2005 at 10:09pm by »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Amiyna

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 1:50am
I did a polygraph test recently i was extremely nervous . Went through the pre test answered all questions. Then the test began and as the test was about to finish i recollected something and when the question was asked besides what you told me regarding fraud are you with helding any information i went into panic mode my heart began to beat with a lil pace. After he left the room came bk and asked if i recollected anything. I said yes and told him what i recollected. Should i be worried.

IP Logged

what exactly is a post interrogation

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X