Normal Topic Denied Clearance - have a few questions (Read 2933 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box g67
New User

Denied Clearance - have a few questions
Jan 7th, 2005 at 6:20am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was recently denied a clearance based on "failing" the polygraph. I have appealed. Sometime in the next several months, I will be appearing before a "panel" of people for the appeal. I've thought about taking a lawyer with me. Any recommendations on that? I'm in the Washington D.C. area.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Re: Denied Clearance - have a few questions
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2005 at 6:29am
check your privat message box

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2005 at 8:54am
I don't see how it could hurt to have a lawyer with you. If you don't yet have a lawyer, one partnership in D.C. that specializes in national security law that you may wish to contact is that of Roy Krieger and Mark Zaid:

Krieger & Zaid, P.C.
1747 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Suite 300
Washington, DC 20006
(202) 454-2809

Have you obtained the record of your polygraph "test" under the Privacy Act? If not, that's something you'll want to do, and you'll want to request expedited handling of your request because of the closeness of your hearing date.

Also, if you haven't already done so, see Use of the Polygraph in Security Clearance Investigations ( Chapter 8 of Security Clearances and National Security Information: Law and Procedures written by Sheldon I. Cohen for the Defense Personnel Security Research Center, dated December 2000). The entire book may be downloaded as a 17.5 mb PDF file here.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fs1x0
New User

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 5:43pm
Guys..... I think I may be in the same boat and really need some help and all the advice you can give me. 

I already got my TS in the first 5mths. I took the first poly and then a second.....and then a third (!) just about a month ago - still waiting for the results on the third one. I don't see why I'm having to repeatedly take it. 2 times is the average. The third is my last chance and I'm not feeling good about it knowing whho I am and that I'm as squared away as the next guy who seems to fly throug this whole process.

You all don't know me from the next guy but i can tell you I'm squared away and have been completely upfront and honest day one. I lead a good, clean life. I only had one thing to report and was never convicted - stupid mistake over ten years ago and I reported truthfully on day one on the EPSQ. Smoked pot twice over 14 years ago and no other drug use. Finally, I was in the reserves and got an early out when the service was reducing their force - was told I'd get an honorable discharge but I was young and stupid and never followed up to make sure I finalized all the paper work. I reported on the form that I had an early out and an "honorable" discharge. Turns out, they say I got an other than honorable and missed 14 drills. Thing is I never lied. I know they can ONLY deny a clearace if I had an dishonorable! 

I want to be sure I'm prepared to take this through the appeals process. I will get a lawyer if needed. Please, please help or advise me any way possible!!! 

Got to get all my ducks in a row to roll with things on my end. Not getting this clearance will be a career altering event. Same career but not the same opportunities.

my email: fs1x0@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Denied Clearance - have a few questions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X