Normal Topic Took Polygraph today  and havea few questions (Read 2156 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marshall05
New User

Took Polygraph today  and havea few questions
Dec 28th, 2004 at 10:31pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Ok let me start off I am applying for a job with the local sheriff's office as a corrections officer. I went in and we had a pre test interveiw asking questiosn about the questionaire i was given prior a week before the test to fill out. Well after the interview I was fairly nervous because I know these tests are a sham. So i was worried but anyway he exzplains that there will be 3 tests forgot the exact name for each like a truth test and integrity test and somthin else. Well he prints out this small sheet of paper with a list of questions and asks me the questions before I was hooked up to the machine and writes the answers down beside each question . 

Then he  gets up hands me the paper telling me to review the questions then leaves for bit " there was no mirrors it was a simple carpeted room " , he comes back in and then hooks me up. He explain the basics of 4 things hooked to me but before that he asked if i knew anythign about polygraph obviously i denied in which i had already visited this site and read up. But even so I was worried and my heart rate seemed to stay at a fast pace all through the test . He randomly asked a few different questions from the list . Then said the test was over , but lemem say this i did my best to keep my breathign even as possible . 

Also my hands sweat a bit when im nervous but anyway then he deflated the blood pressure wrap but I figured i was still beign watched even so , so i kept on tryign to keep my breathign normal . Then he handed me the same exact sheet again and I was told to review the questions so I did . Then after the conclusion of the second test he started to un hook me I didnt thin about it till i walked out the office but he never gave me the third test I was worried b/c maybe i had failed ? 

Then I also remembered looking down at my pattern and seeing a small V shaped spike near one of the top of the waves I dunno if that concludes a deception or not but it had me worried. But then I thought about what he said after the test , he explained I would get a letter in the mail within 5 days and then I would move onto a Psychology exam. He also talked about they werent hiring much until jan 11th . 

I suppose I just have to wait and see my results I'm hoping for the best. MY buddy who recent got a job doing the same thing about 3 months ago never mentioned anythign about a psychology exam he said after he passed his polygraph he went take a physical. Then had the job , so im not sure maybe he failed to mention that test or somthing. All I can do now is literally hope luck is in my favor. I'd liek to hear any opinions on this subject.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Took Polygraph today  and havea few quest
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 11:11pm
If the polygraph operator did not conduct a post-test interrogation, then you probably passed.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Re: Took Polygraph today  and havea few questions
Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2004 at 6:27am
I am sorry George but If I don't say something Dimas will, This guy really needs to proof read before he post.  I am not perfect but that was just too hard on the eyes to follow.

I hope your excuse was just that you were tired, because otherwise you need to go back to school and take basic English and sentence structure.  If you want to enter Law enforcement you will get shot down fast writing like that...  Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2004 at 7:40am by nunyun »  

IP Logged

Took Polygraph today  and havea few questions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X