Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) my first poly (Read 16035 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box CommonOne
New User

Re: my first poly
Reply #15 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 7:43pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I failed a polygraph in an eastern state (state agency) about 10 months ago. I will be taking another poly here soon, this time in western state (AZ). I have to tell them if I have done one before, do they share information like this with one another being that far away?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #16 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 7:51pm
probably because you were fingerprinted with the East coast agency and that is now a record with NCIC and will show up when they run your FBI check.

On the same note, Unlike the Feds I don't think you would be AS predjudiced against just because you failed with one agnency and are now trying with another.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box newstart
New User

Reply #17 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 10:26pm
Is there a list of LEO pre-employment questions  ???

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #18 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 11:14pm
do a search of poly cvsa experiences there are several post of what people were asked. also check out chapter 3 and 4 of TLBTLD.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box CommonOne
New User

hey
Reply #19 - Dec 13th, 2004 at 11:04am
i wrote earlier about not passing a poly (in this column), part of the reason was becuase i was worried about it and told them EVERYTHING, even things God probably didnt already know. Now i am not so paranoid about taking it again this time. Becuase of this, some of my answers will be different on the poly than the first one, will this matter. (will they question my truthfulness)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box newstart
New User

Re: hey
Reply #20 - Dec 13th, 2004 at 8:25pm
CommonOne wrote on Dec 13th, 2004 at 11:04am:
i wrote earlier about not passing a poly (in this column), part of the reason was becuase i was worried about it and told them EVERYTHING, even things God probably didnt already know. Now i am not so paranoid about taking it again this time. Becuase of this, some of my answers will be different on the poly than the first one, will this matter. (will they question my truthfulness)

stand by the same answers and just try and use the countermeasures.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box calicoast
New User

Reply #21 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 1:44am
well thank you all for you advise much appreciated. I just have one question left to answer. /well a couple more questions  Wink

the tongue bitting

1. how effective is that method?

2. how to know if you are applying it correctly?

3. where to bite down on?

4. do you apply any other techniques to this method or just strickly bite the tongue?

I have well prepared myself for polygraphs, i am more confident in not becoming a false positive. Thank you for this book, used for the right reasons it can be a benifical tool. much appreciated.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #22 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 6:55am
calicoast wrote on Jan 11th, 2005 at 1:44am:
well thank you all for you advise much appreciated. I just have one question left to answer. /well a couple more questions  Wink

the tongue bitting

1. how effective is that method?

2. how to know if you are applying it correctly?

3. where to bite down on?

4. do you apply any other techniques to this method or just strickly bite the tongue?

I have well prepared myself for polygraphs, i am more confident in not becoming a false positive. Thank you for this book, used for the right reasons it can be a benifical tool. much appreciated.

answers in my humble opinion that I have used and it worked

1. Very effective (worked like a charm)

2. The examiner will stop and ask or say "you showed a strong reaction to this question what were you thinking about (on the question you bit youor tongue on)

3. I bit on the tip at the front with almost no jaw movement to the point where I was physically in pain

4. I did nothing but tongue biting and just found a happy thought and relaxed.  I did not worry about breathing as there has been much talk about what is too much or not enough breathing and many have been accused of CM's while taking the test due to irregular breathing.

Good luck.....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #23 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 7:21am
calicoast,

1) In a laboratory study by Charles R. Honts and collaborators, about half of test subjects who employed tongue-biting after receiving a maximum of 30 minutes of instruction passed the polygraph when falsely denying having committed a mock crime. Polygraphers were unable to detect the countermeasure. See the bibliography of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector for a citation.

2) The tongue bite should be hard enough to produce pain, but not so hard as to cause injury. Additionally, it should not be visible to the polygrapher. You can practice in front of a mirror to see if it's detectable.

3) To minimize jaw movement, it might be easier to bite down on the side of your tongue rather than on the tip.

4) You may add a breathing manipulation to the tongue-biting. However, it's possible that biting your tongue will result in an associated change in your breathing without your having to actively think about it.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box calicoast
New User

Reply #24 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 7:27am
alright, thank you for the input. I really appreciate it.

I just want to make sure that if i attempt this method that i am doing it right. right now i found out that i have a little sharp point on the back of my tooth around where the wisdom tooth area is, i have found that i can slide my tongue into that part of my mouth with out any movement detection what so ever, i bite down to the point where i can feel my eyes start to water if i continue biting. So i am hoping that i am off to the right start and that i am applying this method correctly. 

however i think that it is really sad that i have to resort to this method, what ever happened to the saying "the truth will set you free"? thank you for your advise nunyun, and george you both have been a great help, i appreciate it very much.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2005 at 7:43am by calicoast »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AnalSphincter
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 9:02pm
So what happened, Calicoast?  Did you take the poly yet?  It's been weeks since you were supposed to take it.  We're all in suspense here.  If you felt the need to use countermeasures on your first poly, which questions did you actually lie to?  These bearers of gloom and doom have apparently gotten to you so you felt you must mess with the polygraph exam to pass, so there must be some serious skeletons rattling around in your closet that you wanted to hide.

If you did well, you would have been on here to gloat and brag, I'm sure.  If you passed, you, George and Company would be on here claiming that the countermeasures you planned on using worked.  And of course if you failed, George and Company would be telling you that you just did it all wrong.  After all, they are exactly like the staunch pro-polygraph people--if the process didn't work, they say it was just done wrong, whereas if it appeared to work, they raise a big fuss over it like relatives of a mother who has just given birth.  All very amusing to me, you see.  So which is it, Calicoast?
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2005 at 10:21pm by »  

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #26 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 4:40am
You are doing very well at racking up those post to reach a new level responding to everything you can. Wink  Fact is not everyone will come back if they passed, as the site gave the info, they used it, passed and moved on.  Case in point a good friend had a poly the other day for an agency. He read this site I talked to him about what the examiner would do and he followed the advice given.  He called today to state the exam went exactly as posted in TLBTLD and as I told him it would.  He passed....nothing more nothing less.  He is a good kid who is well aware of false +'s and also had a mutual friend who was a victim of this.  We are not drug dealers nor had any deep dark secrets to hide but when you see one friend get screwed you learn from his mistake so that it does not happen to you.

Anal, I am not looking to get into it with you. I see your point and actually don't mind your profession.  As Dimas stated the Poly is a good tool I just can't live with the percentage of false + any more than arresting a slug when I am not sure if he really did the crime without a doubt in my mind otherwise known as PC which I gather in my stop and further INVESTIGATION before I hook him up.

Either way keep posting you'll be a "very senior user" in no time  Grin

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #27 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 6:56am
Nunyun, you need to read some of my other posts if you really believe all that false positive b.s.

So, other than being totally freaked out by what he read on this site and what you told him, was there a relative issue that your friend needed to lie about and attempt to overcome through countermeasures?

See, here's the plain truth: If your friend had nothing to hide on the relevant issues, then chances are over 90% that he would pass, regardless of whether he used those silly countermeasures or not.   It's like taking a handful of vitamins when you already are getting a good diet--it does nothing for you exept maybe a placebo effect of some sort.  AND, if you aren't getting a decent diet, vitamins won't make up the difference.   Sounds to me like your friend was living on a decent diet of integrity and therefore passed the exam, which had nothing to do with his trying to use countermeasures that, even if they worked at all, would require much training on the machine to use effectively.

And no, I don't need to "get into it" with anyone.  After awhile I will tire of the tiring people on this site and I'll leave you all to continue dispensing your placebo to people who are unnecessarily worried about a process that really works.  I've provided some excellent field study research in other posts, and I'm tired of cutting and pasting it, so go look for it yourself.

Oh, and I'm not interesting in becoming a senior user.  Sounds like a geriatric addict.   Wink

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #28 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 7:18am
Very well, point taken, I don't care as I am all done with Poly's and already fighting the good fight in the ghetto.

The fact of the matter is that CM's can influence a poly.  Weather they are done correctly or not could be argued many times over, I just will hold firm in the fact that there are still too many times that good people are being falsley accused of lying when they are not and we need all the help out here we can get.

I have said before and will say again that although I deplore those who use this information to beat the system I think that poly's should be used in conjunction with a good thorough (sp?) BI, not as a sole determining factor in the hiring process.

Believe it or not we are on the same side I just disagree with SOME of your points but I know you are doing the best you can with what you have and for every false +. You do grab 10 who should not be coming to my back while drugs or cash are sitting on the table waiting to be bagged up for evidence.

10-7 Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #29 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 7:22am
Nunyun, I acknowledge the relative merits of your last post when compared with some of your previous posts.  Thank you.  Of course I would never advocate using a polygraph as the sole determinant of assessing any job applicant.  It's a great tool, and highly effective, but it is not perfect.  I do think that you and many other fearful worriers concentrate too much on the very rare false positive in polygraph, though.  If you still have doubts about that, please refer to my post in response to very senior user Gino Scalabrini--I've now cut and paste it into several different threads on this forum, and I've grown weary of doing so.  It's got some great information.  If you feel too lazy to look for it, let me know, and I'll store up enough motivation to cut and paste it ONE MORE TIME.   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
my first poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X