Normal Topic The DQ Drug? (Read 3211 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AlmostHalo
New User

The DQ Drug?
Nov 22nd, 2004 at 11:54am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Im just curious what narcotics, if any are a one-time and you are disqualified from employment?

I'd assume LSD or any injection drug might be one-time DQable,  but what about natural substances?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Hannaha930
Ex Member

Re: The DQ Drug?
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2004 at 8:18pm
Can someone tell me how they can find out about drug use?   

I hung around a huge array of people growing up, and the friends that almost all would associate me with have never done drrugs.  The people I have done drugs with no one really knows I ever hung out with.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yatittle
Senior User

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 3:05am
hannaha930 wrote on Nov 30th, 2004 at 8:18pm:

They would find out by you answering questions concerning your past drug use honestly.

They could also find out by finding friends, through friends, that remember you hanging out with that one person way back in the day. It's not probable, but it is possible.

Randy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 8:48pm
hannaha930 wrote on Nov 30th, 2004 at 8:18pm:

One would hope that you are honest enough to admit that you used drugs and more importantly learned from that.  Some of the best officers I ever worked with had a history of drug use (mind you this is USE not DRUG ABUSE).  

A standard background check may eventually lead you to someone that admits to having used drugs with you or even using a question such as "applicant ***** stated he had experimented with drugs could you elaborate on this?" asked to someone on your background packet may lead to your friend responding in the affirmative or pointing the investigator towards someone who can.

Either way, while I am against the sole use of the polygraph as a disqualifier, I am completely for it because of people like you.  It is no way to begin a career in LE by lying to get the job.  I get the distinct impression that that is your plan.

To answer the first question.  Any drug that was injected is usually an automatic disqualifier.   

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Medic
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 11:30am
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would not want a partner who used hard drugs or abuses alcohol.

It isn't playing patty cake out there! 
I want to go home at night.

IP Logged

The DQ Drug?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X