Normal Topic "How to Sting the Polygraph" eBook (Read 13968 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lee32279
New User

"How to Sting the Polygraph" eBook
Nov 9th, 2004 at 8:27pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I believe the author of this eBook is cited in TLBTLD on this website...his eBook is like $60 bucks or something
...but doesn't it include the same info found in TLBTLD???  On his website, he makes so many claims that you can call him to confirm he's not a scam.  When I did call him and mentioned I learned of him though THIS site he was like, "all the other stuff you'll find on the net is not going to help you, and, any site giving you free information is surely not a trustworthy source!"

....so I'm a tad confused....

His website is: http://www.lie-detector.com/

Does his eBook provide more info on the box, or is you guy's free .pdf on the box sufficent info to prep the test.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: "How to Sting the Polygraph" eBook
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 8:34am
My personal view is that The Lie Behind the Lie Detector is better researched, better written, and more informative than Doug Williams' "How to Sting the Polygraph." But then again, I'm not unbiased: I'm a co-author of TLBTLD.

As you consider Mr. Williams' criticism of AntiPolygraph.org, bear in mind that he wants to charge you for the same kind of information that we provide for free. See my article, "A Response to Doug Williams" for background on his previous attacks on AntiPolygraph.org.

AntiPolygraph.org is not in competition with Doug Williams: our purpose is not to make money. It doesn't really matter to us whether or not you decide to purchase Mr. Williams' e-book (though I personally think your money would be better spent on Dr. David T. Lykken's A Tremor in the Blood: Uses and Abuses of the Lie Detector). In any event, before you shell out your hard-earned dollars to Mr. Williams, you might want to ask him to point out specifically what information on AntiPolygraph.org he believes to be untrustworthy.

Note to Doug Williams: if you truly believe any information provided by AntiPolygraph.org is false or misleading, why not post your criticism here, for the edification of all concerned?
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2004 at 8:50am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 4x4man
New User

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 6:34pm
lee32279 wrote on Nov 9th, 2004 at 8:27pm:
I believe the author of this eBook is cited in TLBTLD on this website...his eBook is like $60 bucks or something
...but doesn't it include the same info found in TLBTLD???  On his website, he makes so many claims that you can call him to confirm he's not a scam.  When I did call him and mentioned I learned of him though THIS site he was like, "all the other stuff you'll find on the net is not going to help you, and, any site giving you free information is surely not a trustworthy source!"

....so I'm a tad confused....

His website is: http://www.lie-detector.com/

Does his eBook provide more info on the box, or is you guy's free .pdf on the box sufficent info to prep the test.

I have read both of them and while George did a pretty good job of explaining what is in Williams' manual, I don't see that it is any better.  Also if you look at the site you referenced you will see that the manual is $29.00 - the "$60 bucks or something" is for the manual and a DVD.  I have watched the DVD, it shows a demonstration on a polygraph instrument, and it is very helpful.  Also as you have noted, Doug Williams does answer his phone calls and I have asked him questions about the polygraph which he answered, and this I also found to be very helpful in preparing for the test.  I guess you won't know if "you guy's free .pdf on the box sufficent info to prep the test" until after you take the test.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 8:52pm
4x4man,

You write, among other things:

Quote:
...George did a pretty good job of explaining what is in Williams' manual...

Thanks for that acknowledgement. Of course, I am not the sole author of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, and we do much more than simply explaining that which is in Mr. Williams' manual. We draw on a broad range of sources (for which we provide citations).

Given your above remark, I trust that you would disagree with Doug Williams' putative claim that "all the other stuff you'll find on the net is not going to help you, and, any site giving you free information is surely not a trustworthy source!"

Why do you think Mr. Williams would make such a claim? And what do you think this says about his trustworthiness?

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 11:17pm
Quote:
4x4man,

Why do you think Mr. Williams would make such a claim? And what do you think this says about his trustworthiness?

I don’t know how I could possibly know what Williams’ motives are, but as to his trustworthiness, all I can say with certainty is that he did answer my phone calls, his encouragement and advice were very helpful, his manual and DVD taught me exactly how to prepare for my test, and that was the only reason I passed.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 11:30pm
4x4man,

I suppose we'll just have to wait for Mr. Williams himself to muster the courage to explain his cowardly attacks. Wink

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 12:05am
What is your motive for your attacks on Mr. Williams?  And why is it so difficult for you to believe that one of the primary sources in your book is trustworthy?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 12:38am
4x4man,

The reason that I have characterized Mr. Williams' verbal attacks against AntiPolygraph.org (as reported by the originator of this message thread) as "cowardly" is that he lacks the courage to back them up by pointing out anything on AntiPolygraph.org that he genuinely believes to be false or otherwise misleading. It is in this regard that I believe Mr. Williams is untrustworthy.

I note that others who have communicated privately with Mr. Williams have reported similar unwarranted verbal attacks by him against AntiPolygraph.org.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 2:50am
Oh well.  I'm sorry you guys don't like each other, but as I said, Williams manual and DVD sure did help me pass my polygraph and for that I'm grateful.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 6:01pm
george, thanks for the clarification.

and 4x4, thanks for your feedback as well.

I think i'll try the "blood book" (LOL!). TLBTLD is so informative though, i've even looked up some of the cites you quote and they're legit.   

but the ? 4 the day is motive...what motive would George and the other guy have for releasing such an informative book for free...unless they're spies for the APA?  HA HA HA! (just kidding)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Caveat Lector!
Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2004 at 1:58pm
After a careful analysis of log files and other information obtained, AntiPolygraph.org can state with a high degree of confidence that "4x4man," who purported to be a satisfied buyer of Doug Williams' manual "How to Sting the Polygraph" and accompanying DVD, is none other than...Doug Williams himself.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

New User

Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 6:12pm
oooooooooooh.

LOL!

IP Logged

"How to Sting the Polygraph" eBook

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X