Normal Topic Hey George!  R/I Questions on Poly (Read 2021 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box officerbird
New User

Hey George!  R/I Questions on Poly
Oct 17th, 2004 at 9:31pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello All...

I am getting ready to take a pre-employment poly for LE.  I have read TLBTLD and found it very interesting.  I have heard through the grapevine that the agency I am testing with asks the following questions:

Have you been honest regarding the following:

-employment
-drug use
-sexual past
-education
-training
-financial
-ommissions
-use of marijuana
-etc

I believe this might be a R/I test but it seems these are all relevent questions....am I right here?

Also, I heard that sometimes they may add the mj question in the end and not notifiy you in the pretest...would that then become a control question purely for stimulations purposes?

If this were a R/I test and I were to use radom CMs would that be effective???  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2004 at 10:15pm by officerbird »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Hey George!  R/I Questions on Poly
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2004 at 11:22pm
Even if no irrelevant questions are included in the mix, the technique you've described would most likely be scored in the same way as the relevant/irrelevant technique: the polygrapher looks for consistent, specific, and significant reactions to any of the relevant questions. If such reactions are observed to a particular question, then deception is inferred.

Augmenting reactions to a different pair of items during each chart collection would tend to diminish the liklihood that any one question would stand out more than others. However, behavioral countermeasures -- and having an innocuous explanation prepared in advance for any claimed "reactions" -- may well be enough to get one through.

In pre-employment screening, a question about marijuana usage would be a relevant one. It is highly irregular for a relevant question not to be reviewed during the pre-test phase. It is possible that a creative polygrapher in this department is using this question as a "control" stimulus. Alternatively, asking an unreviewed relevant question would be a simple way of rigging a polygraph examination against a particular applicant.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box officerbird
New User

Re: Hey George!  R/I Questions on Poly
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 1:18am
Thank you for the insight...very helpful!

IP Logged

Hey George!  R/I Questions on Poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X