Normal Topic fbi re-test (Read 4525 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nik
New User

fbi re-test
Oct 13th, 2004 at 7:24pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have a interview scheduled with an FBI sp. agent concerning my failed polygraph test ( which a appealed a few months ago) . As I understand, this will just be an interview , and after it I might/might not be offered another poly. What should I expect during this interview? I appreciate all suggestions. Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box TJ
New User

Re: fbi re-test
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2004 at 7:34pm
I am very interested in this as well.  I took the poly yesterday and do not think I did well at all on it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box FBI_SA_appl
New User

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 6:25pm
I'm interested as well.  I just received a letter stating my failed poly.  Any suggestions on what to include in the appeal letter?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 6:07am
the interview isnt much more than a rehash of why you think you failed the test. I had such an interview and told him the same thing I wrote in my letter. they wont grill you or put any heat on you. just take notes and pass it along. at least thats what happened to me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 5:09pm
FBI SA Appl:

If you've experimented at all with mj (which if my memory serves me correctly, I think you said you have,) the interview won't be fun. You'll be asked about each and every incident in chronological order as well as the circumstances surrounding them. For ex., who you were with, when it happened, where you were, who the mj belonged to, what form you smoked (ie., bong, pipe,etc.,)  and my personal favorite--HOW MANY TIMES YOU INHALED? I hope you have a good memory and that your mj experimentation wasn't a long time ago. Like I said, it's not fun. You won't be grilled, but the agent will make careful notes of every little detail you divulge. Be prepared for this interview. The information will be used to determine if you are granted a retest.  I wouldn't stress too much about it though as you well know the chances of passing a retest are very very slim at best.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box FBI_SA_appl
New User

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 5:14pm
Really .. That's Nuts!!!  When I tried telling my poly examiner about them, he didn't want to here it.  Actually he wouldn't really let me talk at all.  He just kept putting together these false stories and placing me in the middle of them, waiting for me to say, "That's exactly what happened".

Yeah I know the chances are slim for passing a retest but I have to give it a try.  This is a job I always wanted to have.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 5:34am
Yeah, it really is ridiculous.  Trust me they'll want to hear all about your drug experiences in your interview. It will all be documented on a form. Hey, maybe they'll pass the stories along to the poly dept. --the examiners really could use some new drug examples. Mine kept using outdated drug stories I guess from the sixties or seventies?? Situations that would never happen in the 80's -90's. They seemed really out of touch with reality. They could at least be a little creative, but I guess if they had those types of skills they wouldn't be in that line of work, now would they? I don't blame you for giving it a shot with your appeal. You really don't have a choice but to try and clear your name.

IP Logged

fbi re-test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X