Normal Topic Steroids and marajuana? (Read 3049 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wannabeacop
New User

Steroids and marajuana?
Oct 8th, 2004 at 10:07am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Listen i've made a career move and want to become a police officer.  I've spent the last years of my life playing football all over the country and in europe.  Previousy while in college I used steroids(my two last years of college for one month in the summer before training camp and the season started, I was 20 and 21 years old at the time of use) and smoked marajuana(twice and then realized that it was not for me and i gave it up and havent touched it even since, i was 19 when i smoked it two days in a row then never again).  I have not used a steroid since my last year in college(age 21) and never felt that i need them in the upper ranks of the professionals; so i have been clean since i was 21 and im now 25.  I knew when i got out of college that i was wrong in using them to help me and that i have matured to a point that i have seen my follies.  My concern is that i want to apply for law inforcement and am concerned that I will not pass my polygrapgh test.  I am confindedent that i would make a great police officer and love doing that perticular job and profession.  I just don't want my past to hinder the possibility of me eliminating my chances of getting such a rewarding and respectful job.  I never knew that my past juvinile and stupid one time decision would hinder my chance of future employment.  im going to read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector and hope it works.  Do i have a chance to beat this polygraph and have a new career change; or am i doomed to failure?  i am surely not alone in this world with this problem....am I?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Re: Steroids and marajuana?
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 4:47pm
you are alone from who I know.  Expiermentation is not the problem.  Everyone expierments, it is the roid use that concerns me and it has really been a short amount of time since you have matured and last used.  In that short amount of time since you have used and now wanting to use TLBTLD to help you cover your past mistakes disturbs me.  Sorry but no sympathy here, try again.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2004 at 6:15pm by nunyun »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 9:17pm
Kinda, sorta have to agree with Nunyun on your attempt to hide your past.  You can't expect to start a career in LE by lying.

Either way,  I do have one area of criticism.  You stated you used during your last two years of college.  I am therefore, inferring that you finished college.  This is where my concern comes into it.  A college educated individual misspells: PARTICULAR, JUVENILE, CONFIDENT, AND YOUR OVERALL GRAMMAR SUCKS.  

I know I am taking a cheap shot here, but my point is this, the method in which you present your story is a clear presentation of the kind of person you are.  If you want to be taken seriously then make the attempt to at least do so in a professional and well done manner.

Why do I get the feeling that you are the kind of guy that would show up to your Oral Board interview in jeans or shorts?  Your drug use issue depends on many circumstances.  Things like if they were injectable or not, how you obtained the drugs, how many cycles you used and most importantly what you have done with your life since then and how you present yourself to the BI, Polygrapher and the people on the oral board.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Medic
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2004 at 12:36am
Hey Dimas!

Right on..........
But you missed the best ones of all....

law inforcement ? marajuana?

IP Logged

Steroids and marajuana?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X