Normal Topic Took the Phase I (Read 6043 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box slowed
New User

Took the Phase I
Sep 30th, 2004 at 5:07pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Took the phase I yesterday. Not bad, but found out that only 4-5% of those taking the phase I make it to training. 

I'm not holding my breath!!!

E

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Re: Took the Phase I
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2004 at 7:21pm
Hope u know bout 50% fail poly for FBI and it stays with u for life, and if you try to apply anywhere else even local PDs.

Anxiety

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:53pm
I don't see what that has to do with my initial post. 

But, I have nothing to hide, so I'm not too concerned about the poly. Also, I doubt that I will ever make it that far. Odds are against the applicant. 

Not looking to join any LE at a local level. I don't get into the FBI, oh well. Life goes on. 

They make pills for Anxiety. Try Paxil or Zoloft. I hear they work great. 

Later

E

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2004 at 3:24am
Tried to help you out, but simply having the attitude that you having nothing to hide does not mean you will pass your polygraph. I can see with the attitude that you have you most likely will not get passed the second phase. If you believe you don't have a shot your done before you even began. Although I was just offering you advice, I could care less I allready passed my ploygraph:). Maybe you need to look at taking some anti-depressents yourself for that mental dissorder.

Anxiety
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2004 at 9:14am by anxietyguy »  

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 9:14am
Looks like you took my advice and got some medication. Good work maybe you will pass phase II next.  Grin Cheesy

Anxiety

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 7:42pm
No meds needed. I'm good. Apparently not getting a response from me immediately wasn't to your liking. My attitude is one of reality. I deal with facts and numbers. It is a fact that only 5% of those who take the phase I make it to training. It is a fact that odds are against you. If anyone goes into the test thinking they are going to get an offer to be a super agent, they are setting themselves up for big fall. 

Read the messages posted here. Too many morons thinking they are Gods gift to the FBI. I can't stand the crying, "I'm so qualified, why didn't I get it...." bla bla bla. Dry your eyes!!!! Get over it. 

If I don't get into the FBI it won't be because of my attitude with respect to the odds and the likelihood of getting a call back. The FBI is looking for a very specific kind of personality coupled with a specific skill set. I may have what they are looking for, more likely (try to keep up with me) the ODDS of me getting in are 5%. I wouldn't bet my paycheck on it. 

Congrats on passing the polygraph. You must be good at the art of deception!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 9:35pm
From waht I just read all Anxiety was stating was a statistic for your own knowledge that only 50% pass the FBI poly. That if you fail that poly, and change your mind later in life and want to work for another federal agency, that the failure on the FBI poly could come back to bite you in the back side, as ICE, CBP, TSA,  Air Marshalls or other agencies would not want to sign off a security clearance with a failure on a poly.   

Second, you were the one who came back first with a childish remark about taking medication.  Unless this was an attempt at humor.  I know that nobody likes negativity when they are going through a process and if you have nothing to fear why would you be on this site?

You were also upset about his remark about your "oh well" attitude, I think I can see where he was coming from.  That being in Law Enforcement you have to have a winning "I will not fail attitude".  This may come in handy some day when you are in a life and death situation where if you give up you die but if you have a "won't fail" attitude that may be the attitidue that will save your life.  It may be hard to understand until your going "fist a cuffs" with some scumbag on the side of the road some night.

I hope you do well on your Phase I and that you get what you want....Good luck

But this is only my opinion and [b]YOU could be wrong![/b]

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box oracleson
New User

Reply #7 - May 6th, 2005 at 7:16am
I was requested to show up for phase I , 2 months ago but I failed to show up b'cos my wife did not gave me my test date and manual due to her concern about the danger as an agent.   

I found out and immediately faxed in a petition to have it rescheduled.

What are the chances the Bureau will accept my request?

Thanks. 
   Angry

IP Logged

Took the Phase I

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X