Normal Topic different names (Read 1900 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BLAZER3
New User

different names
Sep 30th, 2004 at 1:01am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I used a different middle initial a few years ago to get a credit card, I did pay the bills and eventually filed bankruptcy because of financial probs. But I was paying the bills from my checking account and fraud was not my intent. Should I tell this up front before my lifestyle poly

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ray
Senior User

Re: different names
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2004 at 2:47am
Fraud was not your intent?  You knowingly falsified information to obtain credit....that is fraud.  Rationalize all you want it's still fraud.

I'd disclose all of this information prior to your polygraph.  It may not disqualify you.

Good Luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box letsbehonest
New User

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2004 at 9:54pm
BLAZER3,

Did you use a different social security number, too? If not, I'm not sure how changing your middle initial alone would have helped you to get a credit card for which you might not otherwise have been eligible.

Even though you may not have intended to defraud the credit card company (in the sense of not paying the bills), to alter one's name in an attempt to hide one's credit history is indeed fraudulent, as Ray mentioned.

But you would be a fool to mention this to your polygrapher or to anyone else in the U.S. government. With your past bankruptcy, you will have a hard enough time as it is getting a security clearance. Admitting on top of that that you changed your middle initial to get a credit card will likely be the kiss of death. If you want to confess your sins, go find a priest.

Note that Ray, who so righteously rails against fraud, is himself a polygrapher. His whole profession is a fraud. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Be sure to read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector before your polygraph.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2004 at 10:25pm by letsbehonest »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NSAreject
Senior User

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2004 at 3:51am
letsbehonest wrote on Sep 30th, 2004 at 9:54pm:
BLAZER3,

Note that Ray, who so righteously rails against fraud, is himself a polygrapher. His whole profession is a fraud. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Be sure to read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector before your polygraph.

Full-scope polys can only be NSA or CIA.  Having dealt
with NSA for many years,  he certainly does sound like a
polygrapher.  It is really sickening how they lie; it is akin
to being lied to by anyone in a position of trust, or
authority.  But one has to remember, that a lot of the
NSA folks come from disfunctional backgrounds and have
boundary problems (no wonder, they function well in an
agency that "reads other peoples' mail").  I knew some
people at the agency, who simply quit, sick of the whole
environment.  I still have a "bad taste in my mouth" from
them; it is like having one's parents trust broken.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2004 at 4:06am by NSAreject »  

IP Logged

different names

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X