Normal Topic Stop missleading people (Read 11992 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Slim_Thug
New User

Stop missleading people
Aug 31st, 2004 at 11:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Stop misleading people....

Here is my story with polygraph, I'm 21 and I have never taken polygraph before, until one day i was randomly picked to take one, of course I was concerned about it, but I was not scared...

First test: I sat on the chair and wires were attached to my body, the out come of the first examination I have failed.

I got so worried and upset,  because I have never failed on anything so I decided not to fail again and logged in to this website, www.antipolygraph.org and read about your book "the lie behind the lie detector". 

Second test:  I tried and applied every technique that was written and mentioned in your book, but I still failed.

Third test: I had a different examiner he was young and much smarter then me, or the author of the book, but I still applied all the techniques when asked the question that was giving me the shivering, the outcome I failed. 

The young examiner asked me directly whether I have ever longed on the internet and searched on subjects such as , counter measurement,"i don't know he figured that out" I immediately replied yes, he replied "that's why you keep on failing every test" which was the truth, after a brief talk with him, everything he was saying started making sense. The conclusion is that, the book "the lie behind the lie detector" is all based lies and techniques that don't work, you might say that i'm a ployghraph examiner but i swear that i'm not, pleasei beg you stop laying to people, while you sitting home counting your money, people out there suffering and getting hurt beacause of the bullshit techniques and lies that you wrote on your failure book, the only lesson I learned is to follow the examiners instructions and you will never fail the test.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sluggo
User

Re: Stop missleading people
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2004 at 1:01am
Whataminute.   

Let me see if I understand you right... you failed your first poly, even though you told the truth.  Then, no matter what you did, you failed the next 2.   

And, instead of thinking that perhaps the poly's flawed, you think this site (which exposes the fact that polys don't work right), is flawed.

So, you think that if the counter measure had worked for you, then that would mean the poly is an accurate tool?  Think for a minute about that logic.

If you haven't clued in to the fact that your failure (countermeasures or not) shows the flawedness of the poly, you've missed the entire point of this site.

By the way, this is a non-for-profit website, and the ebook can be downloaded for FREE... the only money being made is by the poly operators, as they're the ones that have deceived people into believing they have a mind-reading tool... this site supports the belief that they DON'T.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2004 at 4:49pm
Sluggo,

The above post by "Slim Thug" is likely a forgery posted by a polygraph operator. Apart from the logical inconsistencies you pointed out, note also the introductory words, "Here is my story with polygraph..." Virtually the only people who use the word "polygraph" in this manner (as an abstract noun synonymous with "polygraphy" or "polygraph testing") are polygraph operators themselves.

Back in April of this year, a federal polygrapher stationed with U.S forces in Korea who posted disinformation on this message board also gave himself away in this manner. (In this regard, see also, "U.S. Military Computer Systems Used to Post Disinformation on AntiPolygraph.org.")

The countermeasure information freely available in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector is evidently causing the polygraph community considerable consternation. It is worth recalling that Paul Menges, who teaches a countermeasure course for polygraphers at the Department of Defense Polygraph Institute, has gone so far as to suggest that making such information publicly available is unethical and should be outlawed. (See, "A Response to Paul M. Menges Regarding the Ethical Considerations of Providing Polygraph Countermeasures to the Public.")

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sluggo
User

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2004 at 5:17pm
I read those other posts, thx for the insight.   

Kudos to you, and your efforts here on this website.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2004 at 4:47am
While I will always stand by my claim that the polygraph has its uses, the post by slim thug is obviously written by someone with either no logic or someone attempting to mislead people.

Hmmmm..... lets see, you fail the first one, yet tried counter measures and failed the next two.  First off, you already failed.  Does the logic that perhaps the second and third polygrapher already had a bias against you for failing the poly the first time make any sense?   

Perhaps the fact that you "admitted" to using countermeasures also had some bearing on it.

You just have to love the "one day I was randomly picked" part as well.

I think the saddest part of this post is that this person makes himself look like an ass, simply because at the end of it he makes an off the wall remark about "counting your money".  What money?  I have been a regular on this site for years and never have I been charged or even asked for a donation.   

Fact of the matter is that no one is being misled, this site offers factual information about the polygraph and does it for free.  While I do have my reservations about this information being readily available to anyone, especially those who are seeking to beat the test to hide a crime they have committed.  I feel that the fact that so many who put their faith in the test and had their dreams or careers put on hold or derailed due to an agencies 100% reliance on the test to be substantiation enough to inform the general public about the inherent flaws of the test.

Sorry slim, but you are definitely an idiot and I quote you 

"the only lesson I learned is to follow the examiners instructions and you will never fail the test. "

Perhaps you forgot the whole part where YOU FOLLOWED THE EXAMINERS INSTRUCTIONS ON THE FIRST TEST AND STILL FAILED!

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box curtis1279
New User

Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 6:11am
Ok gentlemen with all the bickering back and forth a few statements were made that arent exactly accurate one in particular I don’t agree with was "the only people to use the word [polygraph] in such a term are testers themselves”. 

I am a 25 yr old faux artist who is no stranger to law breaking. but when a person is convicted of a crime that he had spent all his energy & time to prevent it really sticks in that bed of memories, briefly I trusted the one person that was by my side through it all, & because the test showed discretion (and don’t tell me jack about not being used in court! maybe not on paper but the police report, prosecuting attorney and whom ever want to even know, judge, jury, your damn mother even still know the results) I was pinned with the crime. no nothing big time petty really but I lost my job over it & it set the course for a downward spiral, and now 6 years later I’ve moved back to my home state & since received a confession from the actual person who committed it.  Yes I went to jail that night too. 

I am not a criminal as a matter of fact the crime previously spoken of was misdemeanor theft a 300.00 deposit taken from the mcd's I was the store manager of and making a great living i might add. did not go to jail over it. The only times I've to jail been I never made it past booking because they were unpaid traffic tickets and the one above assault.......... Sad
With a deadly weapon......... Undecided
It was only a tree branch........ Cheesy

The whole point is ever since the day I took the polygraph, the word has stuck in my head like a fly on a windshield, & with all those memories and dreams of where I would be if I just said no to the damn thing, I wonder why they still use them regardless.
Hell I was 19 making 32k a yr with a new car and fresh into my first house. Now I rent and can’t seem to keep up.   

Good luck to you all Thanks        T   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box luke272
New User

Reply #6 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 4:09am
Slim_Thug is full of it. I took a poly for an agency, applied countermeasures and passed with flying colors. Slim_Thug is most likely a poly examiner realizing that his stupid VooDoo Machine will be history when the word gets out that it is total crap and means nothing.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyscam
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 8:07am
I agree with slim_thug...stop charging us for this site.  I'm going out of pocket faster than I can count.   Wink Seriously, would someone as well educated as poly examiner have such horrid spelling.  This is a depressed attempt to hijack the truth that this site brings to light.  Poly examiners are the terrorists of truth.

By the way I am now a polygraph artist in the state of Arizona.  I meet all the requirements to be such an artist in Arizona...there are no requirements (i.e. licensure, certification, educational requirements, etc.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Polyreject
New User

Reply #8 - May 5th, 2005 at 11:36pm
I don't know about Slim Thug, but I took the damn test, used the CMs and was caught doing it.

Explain that????/

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Deputydog
New User

Reply #9 - May 19th, 2005 at 12:26am
I'm a cop. I have some things way back in my history, just stupid kid stuff, that I wasn't comfortable about admitting to. My first poly was a tough one 10yrs ago and I didn't want to go through that again. I am now changing agencies and I just took the poly. I employed all the things in the book that would work for me. I read chapt 3 and 4 several times and spent about one hour practicing. I'm thrilled to tell you it was NDI. I've never had a NDI. That's like an A+. The book works but you need to use both types of cm's, not just the physical one.  Maybe you read like you spell. Just a thought

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box seascapes
New User

Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2005 at 7:32pm
LOL... ever person who posts anything negative about you folks is a liar and a "Polygraph Examiner".  Glad to see your always right............

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2005 at 10:27pm
Polyreject,
How exactly were you caught?  Were you accused of using countermeasures and admitted to doing so?  Was there some other way in which the examiner "caught" you?  Some further information would be appreciated.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mike_C.
User

Reply #12 - Jul 8th, 2005 at 5:50am
Luke272, 
           You're posted remarks are encouraging. If you took the polygraph test and applied the countermeasures taught from the book, (which I believe you did) then it just goes to prove the polygraph test is nothing but junk science, in other words applied psychological pressure. 

I'm glad to know there are many people out there who are onto this little "polyscam." 

Mike_C.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box hwsternfan
User

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 7:38pm
delete this thread..its bs!

IP Logged

Stop missleading people

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X