Normal Topic Medical Exam (Read 5900 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box halfpathan
New User

Medical Exam
Aug 31st, 2004 at 4:17pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I know this is a polygraph site. But I already passed the polygraph I would like to know what does the medical exam consist of. They told to me to wear workout clothes on the day of the medical exam. Somebody please let me know.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 40smith
New User

Re: Medical Exam
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2004 at 5:04pm
half,
The Med I took consisted of blood being drawn, bp, heart rate, search for hernias, pretty much like the physical that you would get by your dr.
a ppd test to test for turburculosis (spelling is probably wrong) reflex, depending how old you are, a finger up the ol' corn hole for prostate and blood check.
Vision, can't think of too much more.  Not too invasive.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box repo42
New User

Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2004 at 2:36pm
You may have to take a cardio test also.  You will be hooked up to a cardio machine and put on a tread mill device in order to raise your heart rate. good luck

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PAQ
User

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 12:50am
My medical exam was a joke. They check your breathing, blood pressure. weigh you, check your body fat, knee's and all other joints. Only if needed they will do a hart stress test.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 2:16am
halfpathan,

What law enforcement agency are you applying with? 

During my application process, I received the medical exam, finger printing, security interview, and drug test all prior to the FBI pre-employment polygraph exam. The only exception to my application process that followed the polygraph exam was the background investigation.

With regard to the medical exam, my personal experience was consistent with most of the previous responses to this message thread. 

Good luck.

Triple x

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Medic
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 10:59am
You may need to take a cardio stress test, depending on your age and cardio "strip". 

A stress test consists of being placed on a treadmill to assess your cardio/pulmonary (heart/lung) function upon exertion.

A word of advise....
Bring any and all documentation with you if you have had ANY health issues. What will button it up is a letter from your doctor stating these "issues" have been treated and are resolved.

It would be a mistake to omit any health issues. Akin to the background, YOU WILL be "found out."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 6:53pm
Quote:

A word of advise....
Bring any and all documentation with you if you have had ANY health issues. What will button it up is a letter from your doctor stating these "issues" have been treated and are resolved.

disagree with you on that one.  Do not omit any past medical situations but don't offer anything either.  Tell them your past and wait and see what they request from you.  Then go back in your records and give them ONLY what they asked for.  I have seen many applicants go to medicals with all this documentation trying to be the good guy. As the doctor looks at the records he finds something else that peeks his interest.

In other words, if you have had knee surgery, let medical know this and when the doctor says something like "I need your P&S report on your knee" that is what you get him.  Don't go to the medical with x-rays and MRI's and your whole history with your knee, they may find something else to DQ you on that you did not intend.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Medic
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 10:03pm
I stand corrected.  Embarrassed
As always, be forthcoming. Just be prepared when they ask for the documents; (and they will) thoroughly review them ahead of time and have them ready in a file (at home.) 
Pick and choose what is requested just remember..... many times when a medical assessment is completed by a physician or the E.R., it includes other personal history details you may have not listed such as: family history, positive toxicology tests, previous medications i.e. anti-depressants, aches and pains, even incorrect information. 

If possible, go back to the treating physician and have him/her document the condition in question only.
If you want to get off on the right foot, white-out is not an option! (And illegal.) Be prepared, be organized.

Thank's nunyun.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Dec 17th, 2004 at 4:05am
I know what you meant man, just hate to see the guy screw himself if he does not have to, if he made to the end of the process it seems they get real picky before you get to become their property.  Once your through the academy and probation they own you......pretty much unless youreally cross the line.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Hannaha930
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2005 at 9:49pm
What if you were on depression medication, but quit seeing the doctor, taking the medicine and recovered on your own?   

My doctor said she could only write something pertaining to our appointments... meaning no recovery at the time.

What do I do then?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #10 - Jan 13th, 2005 at 10:30pm
I would asy it would vary by department, although some may see this as a liablity risk. I could be wrong, but it doesn't hurt to try and explain yourself.

Anxiety

IP Logged

Medical Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X