Normal Topic Help!!!!! Taking a Polygraph !!! (Read 2113 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mischief1212
New User

Help!!!!! Taking a Polygraph !!!
Aug 27th, 2004 at 3:25pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am applying to the sheriff's dept here and have to take a polygraph..... I have never really done anything wrong..but I am still worried.

The good thing is that they gave me a list of questions for the polygraph.

Some of the questions are really strange. They ask about family arrests and a lot of other thing that I don't know about. 

I am sad to say that with every question I have thought about someone that I know doing the act...such as.....have you ever stolen anything over 200.00...I have not but the first thing I thought of was my cousin stealing 250.00 from her dads sock drawer.....am I in deep crap or what???

Any tips?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 40smith
New User

Re: Help!!!!! Taking a Polygraph !!!
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2004 at 4:31pm
Mischief,
You really need to read The lie behind the lie detector.
It is such a huge help.  Once you read it, you will have a better understanding of this machine.
http://antipolygraph.org/lie-behind-the-lie-detector.pdf

I don't imagine family arrests will be relevant questions on a polygraph.  The questions are going to be, more about you and you only.

your drug use
Theft
Serious crimes
Falsification of the aplication
etc.
I have never heard of a question like, Do you know anyone who has stolen anything valued at 200.00 or more?
Might be a control..
Don't rely on questions from that packet they gave you to be on the poly.  Some might originate from there, but I think that they will get control q's from there.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mischief1212
New User

Re: Help!!!!! Taking a Polygraph !!!
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2004 at 8:35pm
Thanks ...I guess I am just nervous cuz I have never taken one before!!

IP Logged

Help!!!!! Taking a Polygraph !!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X