Normal Topic DEA Conditional Offer?! (Read 9562 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jljuice
New User

DEA Conditional Offer?!
Jul 22nd, 2004 at 12:51am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I recently applied to the DEA.  To my surprise they sent me a letter extending me a "conditional offer of employment".  The letter also indicated that a final offer was contingent on me passing an interview, medical exam, background check, polygraph....etc.  I am wondering what exactly does a "conditional offer" mean?  In anyway can I evaluate my odds from this offer?
Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box RULYING

Re: DEA Conditional Offer?!
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2004 at 9:33pm
The conditional offer is a requirement of the American Disabilities Act it really means nothing except you meet the baseline criteria. You have less than a 20% average that you will make it through the system and by looking at this site you are making your chances smaller. Watch the 911 hot jobs site. A much better site and you will see posts by applicants that attibute this site in screwing them up for the poly and costing them their dream.....It is reality this site is run by George, he is the only oversite....911 hot jobs has many moderators and you would serve yourself better by getting yourself a clearer view of the hiring process.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2004 at 9:29am
Quote:
Watch the 911 hot jobs site. A much better site and you will see posts by applicants that attibute this site in screwing them up for the poly and costing them their dream..

Note that 911hotjobs.com is a highly censored site. It is a for-profit site funded in part by advertising dollars from law enforcement agencies among other things. If you don't believe me, post a positive statement about AntiPolygraph.org and see how long your thread lasts there. 

Quote:
It is reality this site is run by George, he is the only oversite....911 hot jobs has many moderators and you would serve yourself better by getting yourself a clearer view of the hiring process

If you are pointing out that this site is the least moderated (as in censored) site for discussions of this kind, you are correct.  We do not employ a small army of people with their mouse pointers hovering over the "delete" button, on the lookout for any post that may portray a law enforcement agency in a bad light.

The only moderation on this site involves the moving of posts made anonymously by angry polygraphers who make personal attacks (i.e. name calling, etc) here without adding any arguments of substance to the discussion. This is a far cry from the type of thing that goes on at 911hotjobs.com, where respectfully worded disagreements disappear when the heat gets too hot.   

As far as this site lacking any knowledgeable posters besides George, I disagree. There are many knowledgeable individuals who contribute to this site on a regular basis, including former FBI Supervisory Special Agent and polygraph researcher Dr. Drew C. Richardson. 

Perhaps we can get Dr. Richardson to register with 911hotjobs.com and post a respectfully-worded rebuttal to some of the drivel spewed by the moderators on that site and their apparatchiks. We can then make bets to see how long his post lasts.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 3:25am
5. Polygraph-Related Posts

Any reference to cheating on a polygraph test, directing members to a polygraph website, or any kind of polygraph banter is not allowed in a post. As a result of problems in the past, the message board administration has installed software that will automatically delete any post of this nature.

The following is one of the terms and conditions of the earlier referenced site.   From the looks of it, it appears that they are somehow threatened by anyone acquiring any knowledge of how the polygraph works.   I can't say that I blame them, since many agencies who employ the use of the Polygraph are actually paying them hundreds of dollars for advertising on their site.

As far as the moderators, there are actually a few with impressive credentials and criminal justice experience, and also a few who aren't that impressive.   

I am also quite sure that they can offer a plethora of good advice due to the amount of posters and people who frequent that board.   

Rulying states that this site sets people up for failure when taking the poly for the DEA.  I find that very doubtful.  Fact of the matter is that they were probably trying to hide something in the first place and came around looking to see if they could beat the poly by employing countermeasures and ended up admitting to something they left out of the SF-86 during the pre-poly interview or the post-poly interrogation.   

Either way good luck with the DEA career, why anyone would actually want to work for that agency is beyond me, but more power to you.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box emsg

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 7:58am
I always found it funny how 911hj does not allow any reference to "cheating" on polygraph tests on their forum, but they do not seem to have any problems selling books that explain how to employ countermeasures in their bookstore. Then again, maybe that explains everything; God forbid they lose a sale to someone who might become aware of the freely available TLBTLD.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 9:57am
Emsg is correct.

The following CD-ROM entitled Pass a Polygraph is offered for sale directly from 911hotjobs.com.

Note product description details present on the above page:

Quote:
Chapter 9 - How to manipulate and control the Galvanic Skin Response Tracing

Chapter 10 - How to manipulate and control the cardio tracing

Chapter 11 - When to show a reaction to a control question

From the description provided on the above page, it appears that this CD-ROM provides information on how to "cheat" polygraph "tests," which appears to be in direct violation of the site’s own policy.  As far as the product itself goes, I see no author information here--perhaps George is familiar with this particular item.

Quote:
From the looks of it, it appears that they are somehow threatened by anyone acquiring any knowledge of how the polygraph works.   I can't say that I blame them, since many agencies who employ the use of the Polygraph are actually paying them hundreds of dollars for advertising on their site.

There is definitely an ethics issue here, as tax dollars are being spent by government agencies to fund a discussion forum that suppresses free speech, specifically speech criticizing government practices. The process is similar to a police department taking out numerous expensive recruiting ads in a newspaper, with the paper in return not printing any letters to the editor containing negative information about the department.

All-in-all, I’m not implying that there is no valuable information to be found on 911hotjobs.com there. Still, one must take everything posted there with a grain of salt, because discussions tend not to represent all sides of issues, as posts disagreeing with those who profit from the site are often quickly deleted. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box COP

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 4:52pm
jljuice wrote on Jul 22nd, 2004 at 12:51am:
I recently applied to the DEA.  To my surprise they sent me a letter extending me a "conditional offer of employment".  The letter also indicated that a final offer was contingent on me passing an interview, medical exam, background check, polygraph....etc.  I am wondering what exactly does a "conditional offer" mean?  In anyway can I evaluate my odds from this offer?
Thanks!

This is the question that started this tirade.
George, do you just let your friends get this far off topic?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 9:13pm
Quote:
This is the question that started this tirade. 
George, do you just let your friends get this far off topic?

As I mentioned in the posts above, this is an uncensored forum. 

If an initial post appears to be in the wrong category, we sometimes move it to a sub-forum that is better suited. Otherwise, if the discussion happens to progress from one topic to another, we don't lock threads, delete posts, etc simply because the topic of the thread has strayed from the question asked in the initial post.

911hotjobs, a site that heavily censors discussion of polygraph issues, was brought up in the course of discussion on this thread. Considering the fact that this is a polygraph-related website, this could not go unmentioned.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box El infiltrado

Reply #8 - May 8th, 2023 at 9:54pm
How long does it take to receive the Conditional Job Offer?, I've been waiting for almost three weeks now.

IP Logged

DEA Conditional Offer?!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X