Normal Topic Florida Highway Patrol (Read 46772 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jimbob

Florida Highway Patrol
Jun 16th, 2004 at 4:17pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Has anybody been through the FHP application process and have any insight for me.  Thank you in advance.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box A person

Re: Florida Highway Patrol
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2004 at 9:10am
The FHP a cool agency if you make it.  First of all I would like to congratulate you on the fact that they did not lose your application, I have seen and heard of this many times with this agency, so if you don’t hear from them in say about 3 months, they lost it.  The process is straight forward it is mostly a waiting game, I am not sure if you are familiar with any of the State of Florida hiring process, but to sum it up, they are in no hurry to process anything it is a big long waiting game.  It starts with a letter say they got your application and want you to take an FCJ-BAT (Florida Criminal Justice and Basic Abilities Test) exam and a P.A.T test. (Physical Abilities Test).  Based on where you live your testing site may vary, I think they have them in Tallahassee, Orlando and Miami.  The FCJ-BAT test is a written test it is very easy, if you have a high school diploma and maybe some college you will do fine, I received a 97% on mine.  Next up your P.A.T. test this test will be on the same day you take you’re written.  It includes some running, jumping hurdles, crawling under pipes, dragging a 125-pound dummy 50 feet, back through the course and some dry firing and you’re done.  You have 6 min and 40 seconds I believe to finish it.  Not a hard test, I think I got somewhere around 4 min and 30 sec.  After that you will get another letter this one will tell you your results and let you know it is time for the Polygraph.  Again where you take it depends on where you live.  The poly is straight forward you get a novel to fill out, listen to the tape player they give you and follow all the directions to the letter (don’t turn a page unless the tape tells you to); when you’re done you will go over it with your polygraph examiner.  Then the test.  One important note they WILL try to give you a pen, be sure you give them this pen back at the end of the test, they will try every method to see that you have this pen on you, MAKE SURE YOU GIVE IT BACK, if you do not give it back you will fail the exam no matter what your results are.  The poly wasn’t to bad I think the whole thing lasted about 3 hours.  Basic questions like your alcohol use, drug use, sex with minors, are you lying to them, driving record, associated with anti-government organizations, employer theft and so on.  They ask about 10 questions with a 30 sec pause between then ask them again.  After that you have a Shrink test, then medical some Background and off to the academy you go.  The academy lasts about 6 months if you are a Basic Recruit.  You have to live in the dorms at the Tallahassee Training center.  That about sums it up. however if you want my option, I would apply for the FDOT a better organization with the same pay.  Good Luck…

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box eager2join

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 10:53pm
Does anyone know how long the initial testing will take?  The letter I recieved instructs to show up at 6 am and advises to leave the entire day open for the testing to conclude, but states no cut off time.  Could it go past 5 pm?  And if the initial testing is so simple and the physical to quick, why would it take so long?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lauren

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 3:39pm
I think they just want you to not have to request to go first because you have to be somewhere later.  You might have to wait in line for the PAT and go in groups for the CJBAT.  My husband is going to take his at the FHP Training academy. Our problem has been that the address they gave us in the letter doesn't show up in mapquest or google, so he is a little shaky on where to go.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tipu

Re: Highway Patrol
Reply #4 - May 20th, 2012 at 12:51am
Thank you. I appeared for PAT test. After FHP headquarter/main office we derected to the colleger for PAT test( running... firing). After the end of the firing I got back home. My question is : Did I mised anything after that, was there any other activities after completing this event?

Please anyone, answer this question for me.

Thank you,
Tipu

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Maria

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 1:10am
Hello all, i have a few questions.... I just recieved my letter to start testing, where or how can i start preparing for the written and physical exam? Also for those who have been through the academy im going in it with my bestfriend how can we do to be roomates or you cannot pick them? Also how is it like while in the academy? Thank you all

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 9:44am
You may find excellent answers to your questions at this website.  It is a law enforcement forum and there are areas on this site you can ask questions and get answers from law enforcement persons.  Good luck,

http://community.policeone.com/forum.php?s=b654b9deb1e9ea0218418d9ca402c205

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Addie

Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 1:13pm
I told them I have multiple  tattoos .. N have gauges n high school my ears aren't closed but they are not big .. The recruiter  told me to wear long sleeve during the pat .. I don't want to go through the whole prices if they going to disqualify  anyway .. I am a cj major  .. Received my AS n 2010 n 4 classes from my BA and Cj

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:50am
Addie,

Just tell them that your dream is to do undercover work.  Cool

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Stacy

Reply #9 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 12:13am
How long after the orientation till you hear back from the FHP 1 day 2 day a week etc.. ? Anyone know. Ty

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Stacy

Reply #10 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 12:14am
How long after the orientation till you hear back from the FHP 1 day 2 day a week etc.. ? Anyone know. Ty

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest

Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 6:49am
Hey I was wondering if anyone could let me know how difficult the written test is for Florida highway patrol and what it consists of? Thank you

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #12 - Jan 17th, 2017 at 3:44pm
Ex Member wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:50am:
Addie,

Just tell them that your dream is to do undercover work.  Cool

...or to stand guard at a roadside rest area or welcome center along the Interstates there!  (which they began to do after there was a wave several years ago of foreign tourists being attacked at rest areas throughout the Sunshine State. Grin   Grin

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Florida Highway Patrol

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X