Normal Topic MY POLICE CADET STORY (Read 1574 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dvst8ed
New User

MY POLICE CADET STORY
Jun 11th, 2004 at 5:51am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Here is my story for applying to socal police departments
for the job of Police Cadet ( not officer)

These crappity smackers wasted my time and money and hope.

First interview went well but i had to pay money to send my transcripts notary, this that ( why do they do this in the beggining when they arent sure if im getting hired?) Anyway, the officers who interviewed me were allright and everything went smoothly i was honest etc.. But I had to get more transcripts highschool elementary etc.. etc.. which meant more $$$$

Next, i get a letter saying you have passed teh first level of testing AND the next stage was INTERVIEW # 2
I figured no problem, but at the last moment my interviewers changed. The new ones played good cop bad cop. One was very sympathetic and acted like she understood and felt me whenever i mentioned i did somethign wrong the other cop was a BYCH she was interrogating me basically but in a subtle way. It was very irritating she was like a nosy neighbor who was analyzing every word i said.

I was arrested when i was 12 years old for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, but my friends were guilty and they admitted to vandalism and were all caught in action, i was just watching them in confusion but i was arrested for being there. The cops who arrested me conlcuded that i had nothing to do with this and to just find better friends. Thats what i told the interviewer.. but that wasnt enough for her.. she asks me: 

" ok what happene dthat day"
" who were the guys u were with " " what school they go to etc.. etc.." " whats there full name phone number etc.." 

BESIDES THESE QUESTIOSN BEING STUPID, I HEARD THAT IT IS AGAINST THE LAW EVEN FOR THE POLICE INTERVIEWER TO ASK ABOUT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU WHEN YOU WERE A MINOR.  Can anyone explain??

The interview all in all went sour, i admitted things a little too much even though they werent that bad.. they asked me a 300 question list saying things like " have yu ever prank called" have you ever wacked off etc.." 

ANYWAY I WASTED MY TIME AND MONEY AND WAS NOT ACCEPTED BY THEM. i MADE many phone calls to find out why all they said was " there was many applicants and they scored higher than u" isnt that bullshit?

Then i went to another department i passed the written and then the interview was cold hearted they were so cold and pesstimistic looking when i was being interviewed and they TAPE recorded it .. Is this allowed??

Now another question do police departments tell other ones if you applied for police cadet? is there some kind of system? Will my statements in interviews be remember hwen i decide to apply for POLICE OFFICER in the future??

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Re: MY POLICE CADET STORY
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 5:54am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
First, in some states it is illegal for an employer to inquire about any juvenile history if you file has been sealed.  However, there is an exception to this in that they cannot ask you about it, but if an arrest shows up during the background investigation or if the BI somehow finds out about it then they can ask you questions about it.

Second, a BI can find out if you have or have not applied with another department by either calling the other departments in the area to ask, finding out if another dept had recently run your fingerprints and I am sure that BI's have developed other ways of finding this information out.

Third, It bothers me that you are worried about your statments being kept on file, it appears to me that this is a case where you are in turn planning on lying to the next dept you apply with and am inclined to persuade you to not do this.  Most depts. keep taped interviews on file indefinitely to protect themselves form lawsuit arising out of a possible candidate believing that he was not hired for a reason such as his race or gender.

As far as applying goes, in life you are likely to be turned down a couple of times.  Just keep trying.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2004 at 11:29pm by dimas »  

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

MY POLICE CADET STORY

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X