Normal Topic CVSA (Read 1383 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bugeyes

CVSA
Jun 8th, 2004 at 3:11am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took a CVSA for Law enforcement employment.  The exam is a trip.  It is very accurate - to the point where it "failed" me on a few questions erronously.  If I had any doubt at all it picked it up.  This required rewording many of the questions to be very narrow in scope.  I "passed" the exam but I am a bit less convinced of their accuracy.  It is clear it is use as a means to get a would-be employee to come clean - which is a good use of this tool.  If you are going to have a CVSA in the future be honest.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box b vandesco

Re: CVSA
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2004 at 7:36pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Took the CVSA  test this week for a LEO position. I too had to have some of the questions re-worded.  It  showed deception on a couple of the drug questions. I admittted to prev. marijuana use as a teenager, but the test showed cocaine use.  I have never done anything but marijuana when I was younger.  I work a dope dog so I asked to have the question reworded as this is one of the drugs he is trained in. The tester would not tell me if I passed with the rewording of the questions.  I have to wait a couple of weeks to get the results. I was totally honest in all of my answers.  It was explained to me that no background info. is sent out to the person who reads the charts/test and determines if you pass or fail.  I was hoping they would know I work a dope dog so that this is why some deception may be coming up.  I was also told they only mark the questions that they want you to be deceptive on so they have a base line.  Your questions are not sent with your graph/chart. Just the chart goes, nothing else.  Hoping you don't have to have a perfect score to pass.  Has anyone else had this experience?

IP Logged

CVSA

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X