Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) PD applicant has a question... (Read 18711 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ray
Senior User

Re: PD applicant has a question...
Reply #30 - Jun 6th, 2004 at 8:38pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Drew,

Marty and I were having a rather civil discussion when you decided to join in and demand that I answer your questions before you would answer my question (which was never initially addressed to you).  I'm not sure who you think you are...you want to dictate the direction of a discussion that you were never initially involved in?   

If I had initially posed the question to you I might understand your desire to control the conversation.  The bottom line is that if you don't want to address my points, why should I even participate?   

Marty -  Thanks for addressing my question.  I think it's a VERY thin line George walks with his advice to applicants and I think he crossed it in this case.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #31 - Jun 6th, 2004 at 9:53pm
Ray,

The reason I joined this discussion uninvited (since when is a message board discussion a private affair) is that I find it hard to believe (and certainly worthy of commentary) that a representative of a community that individually "cross the line" of deception with each and every day in the professional office has the audacity to question whether an individual not a part of that community has in isolation crossed a related but different line of propriety.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box I-SMELL-BS-2

Reply #32 - Jun 6th, 2004 at 11:29pm
Quote:
Ray,

The reason I joined this discussion uninvited (since when is a message board discussion a private affair) is that I find it hard to believe (and certainly worthy of commentary) that a representative of a community that individually "cross the line" of deception with each and every day in the professional office has the audacity to question whether an individual not a part of that community has in isolation crossed a related but different line of propriety.

But the primary reason Drew is now so antipolygraph is because he is in business with the manufacturers of the "Brain Fingerprinting" lie detector machine that he hopes will replace the polygrah.  Follow the money......he is simply trying to show the polygraph needs to be replaced by the machines he hopes to sell.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Ray, Re: PD applicant has a question...
Reply #33 - Jun 7th, 2004 at 12:31am
ISBS,

My rationale for joining this discussion stands as outlined in my previous post:

Quote:

Ray, 

My employment  with Brain Fingerprinting did not occur until roughly a decade after I first raised the concerns I have about probable lie control question test (PLCQT) polygraphy.  And even now, that which I have repeatedly and largely expressed misgivings regarding is the use of the PLCQT for various screening applications.  I find these to be nothing but completely invalid fishing expeditions with absolutely no theoretical basis for practice and one(s) causing to harm to individuals, various agencies, and the nation alike.  I can assure you as long as I have any association with Brain Fingerprinting Laboratories, Brain Fingerprinting will never be used as a general screening tool, for lie detection, or any other questionable and/or invalid pursuits and accordingly will never make a single dime from any such activity.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box I-Smell-BS-2

Reply #34 - Jun 7th, 2004 at 12:44am
Drew, you know very well you will have no say about how that machine will be used when it is sold and it you also know that you are pushing for it to replace the polygraph.  But you, like George, want to act like you are so noble and have no other motives than the good of humanity - peddle that tripe to someone who doesn't know better.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #35 - Jun 7th, 2004 at 3:45am
Ray,

You earlier wrote:

Quote:
We all know the anti-poly crowd questions examiner integrity based on the procedures of an examination.  With this in mind, is it fair that we should question George's integrity when he suggests that an applicant should "not volunteer" (lie by omission) specific information in the course of one's law enforcement application.  A simple yes or no will do.

I strongly disagree with your contention that my suggestion to PBR that he not volunteer the fact that he has exaggerated his past drug use to friends and colleagues is tantamount to suggesting that he commit a "lie by omission." Such information is not responsive to any relevant question in common use for pre-employment screening. Therefore, PBR has no ethical obligation to disclose it, and a choice not to do so would not constitute a "lie by omission," as you maintain. The question PBR asked regarding whether or not to disclose this information is one of pragmatics, not ethics.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #36 - Jun 7th, 2004 at 4:01am
Quote:

But the primary reason Drew is now so antipolygraph is because he is in business with the manufacturers of the "Brain Fingerprinting" lie detector machine that he hopes will replace the polygrah.  Follow the money......he is simply trying to show the polygraph needs to be replaced by the machines he hopes to sell.

ISBS,

Your contention is refuted not only by the fact that Dr. Richardson's criticism of CQT polygraphy pre-dates his association with Brain Fingerprinting Laboratories by years, but also by the fact that when he first made these criticisms, he did so against his career interests with the FBI. Indeed, the FBI retaliated against him for his candor, among other things prohibiting from testifying in court on polygraph matters, despite his eminent qualification to do so.

Your scurrilous attack on Dr. Richardson's motives seemingly stems from an inability to refute his arguments with facts and reason.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2004 at 10:38am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #37 - Jun 7th, 2004 at 8:25am
Quote:

ISBS,

Your contention is refuted not only by the fact that Dr. Richardson's criticism of CQT polygraphy not only pre-dates his association with Brain Fingerprinting Laboratories by years, but also by the fact that he first made these criticisms he did so against his career interests with the FBI. Indeed, the FBI retaliated against him for his candor, among other things prohibiting from testifying in court on polygraph matters, despite his eminent qualification to do so.

Your scurrilous attack on Dr. Richardson's motives seemingly stems from an inability to refute his arguments with facts and reason.

George,

lielabs, at polyplace, said this rather interesting piece on 5/31/04:

Quote:
I would think that if you understood the testing process you would understand the control questions are vitally important and based on your assumption would generate a reaction based on the knowledge that you must respond to those questions. If you did not understand that as your post suggests then it is more evidence of the damage other sites are doing to innocents.

wdc (pillpopper) then responded that that would be, in his view, using CMs and unethical.

It's rather interesting that lielabs, a moderator there, suggested (in the guise of a criticism) that innocents should "respond" to these controls if they sufficiently understood the process. I was rather surprised to find that admission.

-Marty
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2004 at 5:22pm by Marty »  

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stud
New User

Reply #38 - Jun 8th, 2004 at 3:19am
Quote:

I said DUD, rhymes with STUD, and that is exactly what I meant - you simply show your abysmal profound ignorance with every post.  DUD - of little or no worth, one that is ineffectual, failure, misfit..... a perfect description of you you crappity smacking idiot.
The only bullshit you smell is your own, because you are so so full of it. Nothing you say makes any sense, only nonsense, ha ha ha.

You are a walking violation to the laws of nature. Get off this website, your advice is a repugnant odor to everyone on it, just like the ridiculous archaic polygraph you believe in.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
PD applicant has a question...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X