Normal Topic failed test (Read 3808 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anonymous

failed test
May 27th, 2004 at 1:53am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My husband and I live in and own a daycare, a few months ago my husband accidentally served soup to an infant that too hot.  The infant immediately poured that hot soup down his chest and got a nasty burn.  We informed the mother immediately and told her how sorry we were.  Long story short the police got involved and demanded a ploygraph.  He failed three critical questions and now is looking at being charged with felony injury to a child.  During the test my husband had a badly broken  hand and the examiner placed the pressure cuff on that arm.  My husband insisted that it was hurting him by placing pressure on the broken hand.  T Cryhe examiner eventually changed the cuff about half way through the exam.  Also, due to the newness of the injury he hadn't slept in almost twenty four hours and was on a heavy dose of codine for the pain.  Could these things cause a false outcome?  I can not beleive what the police are saying could be true, I have been with this man for 14 years and he is not capable of intentionally hurting a child.  Cry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: failed test
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2004 at 3:05am
The police can demand all they want, but you don't have to submit to a polygraph.   

You need to consult a lawyer immediately.

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Got Fish?

Reply #2 - May 27th, 2004 at 3:30am
Kona wrote on May 27th, 2004 at 3:05am:
The police can demand all they want, but you don't have to submit to a polygraph.  

You need to consult a lawyer immediately.

Kona

Why don't you READ the damned post before responding Kona?? She said her husband already took the damned poly and failed. GOD YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST INDIVIDUAL I'VE SEEN ON THE INTERNET IN A LONG TIME! Your advice is about as useful as tits on a priest.......

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2004 at 3:48am
Quote:

Why don't you READ the damned post before responding Kona?? She said her husband already took the damned poly and failed. GOD YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST INDIVIDUAL I'VE SEEN ON THE INTERNET IN A LONG TIME! Your advice is about as useful as tits on a priest.......

Temper, temper little fish.  Might I suggest an anger management class to help control that ugly mouth?  Tits on a priest?  Are tits any more useful on a nun?   

From the tone of her post (if you had taken the time to read and understand it) it sounded like she had no idea that her husband could refuse to take a polygraph, and consult an attorney immediately.  Also, from the question she asked in her post about drugs causing a false outcome, she obviously doesn't have a clue how the polygraph works.  That's why I told her to immediately seek the advise of an attorney.   

Did you have anything "useful" to contribute to these boards besides your angry little diatribes?

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Got Fish?

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2004 at 4:33am
For the record, tits on a nun are at least nice to look at...

Maam, my apologiesfor this buffoon. In regards to your question, there is little anyone on this website can offer you for advice at this point. It's pretty much too late for us to help you out. You and your husband have already been victimized by this draconian pseudo-science called "polygraphy". Fortunately for you, it's not likely that the results of your husbands failed polygraph will be admissable in court, because it's a widely recognized fact that they are inane and useless procedures. Don't worry about it much because it will just stress you out unnecessarily. 

And lawyers are blood-sucking leeches who, much like polygraphers, thrive off of the misery of others. If you plan to retain one, do a thorough background investigation of your own on him. Unfortunately you may very well need one in the near future, although I'd not panic.

Even though we can't help you, you can certainly help us. Educate yourself on the truth of the polygraph. Tell everyone you know how you were victimized by this procedure. Help get the word out. Help put polygraphers out of work. Never submit to a polygraph test again unless you are forced, and even then educate yourself beforehand. Teach your children.

The world needs to know about this scam these chart-gazers pull on hundreds of unsuspecting dupes every day. It needs to be shouted from the mountain-tops. Every last polygraph machine should be dumped to the bottom of the ocean. Any polygrapher that refuses to get a real job should be shackled and given one thousand years at hard labor. 

What they do is just wrong.

I truly empathize with you situation. Hang in there.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2004 at 11:12am
Quote:
And lawyers are blood-sucking leeches who, much like polygraphers, thrive off of the misery of others. If you plan to retain one, do a thorough background investigation of your own on him. Unfortunately you may very well need one in the near future, although I'd not panic.

That's very good advise Fish, you're catching on.  I told her the same thing in my first post about consulting a lawyer immediately.......except I left out the part about blood sucking leeches.  

Quote:
Never submit to a polygraph test again unless you are forced, and even then educate yourself beforehand.

Fish, for the record, if you are accused of a crime in this country (USA), you CANNOT be forced to submit to a polygraph.  That would be a violation of the accused person's rights.  Maybe if this unfortunate couple had one of those "blood sucking leech" lawyers present during the initial questioning, the leech....I mean lawyer would have told the police to pack sand and protected the rights of the accused.  

Quote:
It needs to be shouted from the mountain-tops. Every last polygraph machine should be dumped to the bottom of the ocean. Any polygrapher that refuses to get a real job should be shackled and given one thousand years at hard labor.

Fish, do you ever just take a second to read what you write?  I think your heart might be in the right place, but you need to lose the anger, and learn to write sans the personal attacks and drama.  I think you might be taken a little more seriously as a result.

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2004 at 11:05pm
I do believe that the correct saying is " You are as worthless as tits on a nun". Tits on a preist? WTF? If you are going to try to be funny, please get it right Mr. Fish. Or we will be forced to filet your ass...  Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nun

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2004 at 11:53pm
BlackJhack wrote on May 27th, 2004 at 11:05pm:
I do believe that the correct saying is " You are as worthless as tits on a nun". Tits on a preist? WTF? If you are going to try to be funny, please get it right Mr. Fish. Or we will be forced to filet your ass...  Wink

I have tits and they work the same as any mamals, thank you very much.

The correct saying is "as worthless as tits on a bull."

Of course Fish could have said "balls on a Priest" which may have been better...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Reply #8 - May 28th, 2004 at 6:08pm
OK, for all the retards that don't understand the saying, let me break it down. Tits on a nun would be worthless, because she will never use them. Although you may have tits that work, Nun, you will never use them, seeing as how Nuns practice abstinence. You will never need to use them, seeing as how you will never have children, and men will never see or touch them, because you will never engage in sexual activity, thus, making your tits worthless. This is a much better saying, because nuns have tits, bulls do not. Now go say 5 Hail Mary's, and repent, for letting that priest touch your tits. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2004 at 7:39am
Quote:
My husband and I live in and own a daycare, a few months ago my husband accidentally served soup to an infant that too hot.  The infant immediately poured that hot soup down his chest and got a nasty burn.  We informed the mother immediately and told her how sorry we were.  Long story short the police got involved and demanded a ploygraph.  He failed three critical questions and now is looking at being charged with felony injury to a child.  During the test my husband had a badly broken  hand and the examiner placed the pressure cuff on that arm.  My husband insisted that it was hurting him by placing pressure on the broken hand.  T Cryhe examiner eventually changed the cuff about half way through the exam.  Also, due to the newness of the injury he hadn't slept in almost twenty four hours and was on a heavy dose of codine for the pain.  Could these things cause a false outcome?  I can not beleive what the police are saying could be true, I have been with this man for 14 years and he is not capable of intentionally hurting a child.  Cry

Anonymous,

Yes, your husband's pain could have contributed to a false positive outcome, for example, if he had pangs timed closely with the asking of one or more relevant questions. But even if your husband had not been sleep-deprived, not hand a broken hand, and not been on painkillers, he might still have easily become a false positive simply because of fear of the consequences of not being believed with regard to the questions about the accident.

Polygraph "testing" has no scientific basis, and your husband's "failing" is evidence of nothing. For more on how polygraphs "work" (and don't), see The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

It was a mistake for your husband to agree to a polygraph interrogation. I concur with Kona that you consult with a lawyer without delay, and not speak with the police again in the absence of legal counsel.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

failed test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X