Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Do LE agencies really share your info, fingerprint (Read 18094 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alice
User

Re: Do LE agencies really share your info, fingerp
Reply #15 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 5:30am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Dimas,

I applied to an agency for an internship and they took a paw print so is that what I say on my background packet ....that I applied for an internship in their lab.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alice
User

Reply #16 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 5:17pm
Unsure as to where this question goes..but I just applied for a job with the Phoenix PD .  Is there anyone on the board that is with Phoenix?

I applied to work in the crime lab as I have forensics and chemistry degree.

I already passed poly and background is going well along with my physical ..just letting my BI do his job..

Also..this is not a recruitment site to be sure..but if anyone knows of any lab in their LE agency that is looking for Criminalist or Crime Scene techs..would apply there also.

thank you..

Alice

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gladtobeworking
New User

Reply #17 - Jun 24th, 2005 at 1:09am
this is false.  i applyed with several agencies, was fingerprinted with several agencies,  never put all them on my apps and i still got a job so dont belive that it follows you around and yes it was a live scan. and if they do catch you hey you forgot it was a long time ago

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #18 - Jun 25th, 2005 at 8:49pm
Just because you didn't put it on there doesn't mean that they didn't pick it up, or maybe they missed it or maybe they didn't care.  Each department is different.  Some really don't give a hoot who you have applied with.  The very first department I started with 
practically hired anyone as long as there was no NCIC criminal history and the 5 references the applicant provided and his previous employer gave a good reference.  Fortunately the State jumped in and began to require a thorough background check and random drug tests.  My previous department was one of those in which if you passed their background, psychological and their polygraph then you were "in", regardless of whether or not other departments hired or fired you or if you applied for some agencies you did not reveal on your packet.  The one I am in now is somewhat different in that matter and runs a very thorough background investigation.

Each agency is governed by a different human resources department, different City, County or State ordinances which govern the hiring process.   

The simple fact is that if you lie/omit or "forget" you run the risk of not getting the job.  That is an individual choice, but if you are already lying to get the job I can only imagine what kind of officer you will be when you get out on the streets.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Deputydog
New User

Reply #19 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 12:43am
If the prints are in AFIS, you will stand a big chance of getting caught.  They can run the prints on an ID search and wait for a hit. The prints will most certainly show up in the system. We ID turds like that all the time when we don't beleive they ARE who they say they are.  However, if the prints are ink/paper, there's probably no way to track it unless they want to do a lot of leg work.
Most of the time they would put in an inquiry to several surrounding agencies for recent application info on you within about the last 3 years. I know a couple of people that applied 10 years previously with ink prints to the same agency and never admitted to it and were hired. After that long it all ends up in archives or just disposed of. 
The more interesting thing is, there is really only one reason that you don't want to admit to other apps, and that is that you intend on changing a disqualifying factor on the new apps.  This is exactly why the BIs check it out. I'm sorry, I'm not buying the story about why you were DQed. Even if it is true, that would not be a disqualifying factor at another agency. Thus, no reason to not admit it. ME thinks there's something else!!!

IP Logged

Do LE agencies really share your info, fingerprint

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X