Normal Topic Pulled Over (Read 2994 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wreckless Driver

Pulled Over
May 16th, 2004 at 12:15am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have a question about states' police computers in the west.

If you were pulled over for speeding or any other reason and the officer gave you a verbal warning and that is it (didn't have you sign anything)...do their computers log the information that you were pulled over and given a warning? Does the officer have to make a summary in the computer what happened?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BeatOfficer
New User

Re: Pulled Over
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2004 at 10:28am
All traffic stops made by law enforcment are logged into a national database, regardless if you were cited or not.

The information that is entered is:

full name

DL number

reason for stop

If you are pulled over any where else in the nation all the officer has to do is run your DL# through his computer to see all of your previous contacts with law enforcement.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jon

Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2004 at 7:34am
I know the date is also entered into the system as well as the agency that entered it (at least this is the case in CT) I ahve heard numerous times a State Trooper will call in the plate and it may have been reun several times in the past 24-48 hours.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2004 at 1:48pm
In a perfect world all traffic stops would show up, however we do not live in a perfect world.  There are a lot of factors that play into whether or not a particular stop, arrest, citation etc. will show up.

1.  Most officers will usually write down basic info about your vehicle before they even approach it.  This is done as a precaution.  If they were to get shot, at least the next unit or investigators would have a lead to go off of.  If he only inspected your ID at your vehicle and did not walk back to his to run it, then he more than likely did not enter your info into anything.

2.  The plates will be run and the info regarding wheter or not it is stolen and the owner's personal info will come up.

3.  An officer may or may not run your ID, and even if they do it does not mean that it will show up on a national database.  Infact, even if you are ticketed or arrested there is no guarantee that this will show up on an NCIC or on AFIS.  Remeber, it is ultimately the task of a human to enter this info and sometimes human nature is to do a half-assed job at things.   

4.  Each city usually keeps on its database all the info regarding each time your name or DL # was run or mentioned in a report.  This is not, however, always placed on a national database or even on a state only database.  Ex.  getting a ticket in California, does not mean that a trooper pulling you over in Oregon would know about it.   

All of us in LE wish there was  a "national" database that worked perfectly and would give us everyone's LE contact info, but it just isn't so.   

Ex.  I have run across situations where an NCIC check revealed the person had no arrests, but a county specific check revealed an arrest history.  Each agency uses different programs, computers and IT departments.  Getting them to all sync is just not going to happen any time this decade.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BeatOfficer
New User

Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 12:22am
Damn it .....dimas  Angry

I was trying to scare the kid and you had to ruin it.

LOL J/K

IP Logged

Pulled Over

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X