Normal Topic LVMPD Inconclusive Results? (Read 1861 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LVMPD Applicant

LVMPD Inconclusive Results?
May 12th, 2004 at 10:58am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
About a little more then a month ago I finished up a polygraph with the LVMPD. However, to my surprise I was accused of "lying" to the machine. I would explain what questions I was accused of lying, but to keep my identify secured, I prefer not to. I will say the questions I was accused of lying of were VERY vague.

Nonetheless though the woman giving me the exam told me that because of the results she got from the machine she had to rule the test was "inconclusive."

I am about to go in front of the final board for my final review. They didn't D/q me at the time of the polygraph, but I want to know (if anyone out there knows) if I should expect to be D/q (for the polygraph results) during the final board interview and if "inconclusive" is another word LVMPD uses to replace the word "fail" with.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: LVMPD Inconclusive Results?
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2004 at 9:04pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
LVMPD Applicant,

The fact that your poly results were deemed "inconclusive" lead me to believe that your reactions to the control questions didn't differ too much from your reactions to the relevant questions.  The fact that the examiner didn't tell you that there was "deception indicated" is a positive note. 

While I am not familiar with LVMPD hiring criteria, the fact that they didn't DQ you right on the spot after "inconclusive" results lead me to believe that there might be a ray of hope for you.   

Perhaps when you go to your final board, you just might be offered another chance at the polygraph if the rest of your employment package looks good.  I can't imagine why they would even have you come in and face the board if they weren't actually going to seriously consider you for employment.  They could have just told you adios after the inconclusive poly, and left it at that. 

If they offer you another chance at the poly, take it!  Study up on countermeasures, and pass the damn test!

Good luck,

Kona

IP Logged

LVMPD Inconclusive Results?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X