Normal Topic One question (Read 2271 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SoloLemon
New User

One question
May 4th, 2004 at 12:26am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
There is a certain specific question I am worried about on my polygraph.  It's just the most relevent to me.  Is there any advice for controlling reactions to one or two questions?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Re: One question
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2004 at 2:59am
SoloLemon,

Although the question may be relevant to you, it may not actually be relevant during the exam.  Before you consider attempting to alter any response to any question, you should determine whether or not your question of concern is relevant to the exam.  If it is in fact a probable-lie control question, the fact that it is relevant to YOU could actually work in your favor.

If you haven't reviewed the documents available through this site I suggest you do so.  You need to be able to identify relevant/control/irrelevant questions before considering the use of any type of countermeasure.

Good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Darren Jensen

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2004 at 1:53am
SoloLemon wrote on May 4th, 2004 at 12:26am:
There is a certain specific question I am worried about on my polygraph.  It's just the most relevent to me.  Is there any advice for controlling reactions to one or two questions?

I'd make sure to use countermeasures, as the article suggests.  Just make SURE that you use them at the appropriate time.

The process I employed was fairly simple.  After the appropriate question, I would augment my breathing as well as think of a graphic picture.  I continued this process for 10 seconds, then returned to my normal baseline brething rate.

On questions I did not want augmented, such as the one you're asking about, I would think of somthing soothing.  For me, that was a tree with branches blowing in the wind, or tall grasses blowing in the wind.

Unfortunately, I needed to lie on all (yes I'm ashamed, but I was not applying for a job) of the relevant questions, but the process above worked for me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2004 at 2:43am
I think this Jensen character is a ringer - be careful about taking his advice.  Just a word to the wise.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Darren Jensen

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2004 at 2:50am
Quote:
I think this Jensen character is a ringer - be careful about taking his advice.  Just a word to the wise.

Boy, I'm not sure what to say to this, other than I've recently taken a 'test' and was greatly helped by this site.  Today is my second workday after my test, and I thought I'd post my experience and attempt to help others.

I'm not sure exactly what I've said or done to give you your impression.  Can you clarify?

IP Logged

One question

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X