Normal Topic Background/Polygraph (Read 2236 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rossn12
New User

Background/Polygraph
Apr 14th, 2004 at 8:51pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm kind of new to this thing but here goes...

I am currently a college sophmore and I used to use marijuana, I tried it a couple times in junior high and then used it from my senior year of high school through my first semester in college. I only used it somewhat frequently for a period of a couple months then quit altogether. I have no criminal history, traffic violations, but I was fired from a job for giving away free stuff to my brother when I was 16. I have done minor things at my other places of employment from the age of about 16-17 like take candy from a concession stand, steal a couple of stupid things like air horns (I was a lifeguard) and so on. I have not done anything but the marijuana since I was 18 and I will be in school for another two years. Anyway, I guess I am just wondering are these things enough to get me disqualified on the polygraph and background check? (sorry this is rambling)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Re: Background/Polygraph
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2004 at 11:21pm
rossn12,
Remeber that the departments expect for you to be human. We have all made mistakes, and they don't expect you to come in with a flawless background. Things that you have done when you were younger probably will not be weighed as heavy as the mistakes that have most recently occured. Most departments have a policy that if you haven't smoked marijuana with-in the last year you won't be disqualified. The only thing you must remeber is that all departments have a cut-off as to what they consider "experimentation". What I understand is that police departments normally have a higher cut-off than, say for instance, the FBI. The FBI states that more than 15 times is an automatic disqualifier. The police departments tend to be a little more protective of their cut-off information. I think they feel that if they tell the number, then people will lie, but if they keep a secret, they can better make a decision on whether to keep you or not. My advice is to continue NOT smoking marijuana, and don't worry too much about mistakes you made when you were a kid. Study this website and be ready for the polygraph, and I'll bet everything will fall into place.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rossn12
New User

Re: Background/Polygraph
Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 8:37pm
Thanks a ton, I was really worried about the whole thing and unfortunately I can't go back and change anything I did or I would. It just makes me feel a little better to get some feedback. Thanks so much!

IP Logged

Background/Polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X