Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I need to lie (Read 35409 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: I need to lie
Reply #45 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 12:53am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Dimas/Roids,

You're the same guy, right?  Allow me to retort.

dimas wrote on Jun 15th, 2004 at 3:53pm:
Kona, I believe that I should explain something to you regarding how steroids are obtained in Mexico.  They are obtained by first going to a LICENSED PHYSICIAN, which in turn provides the person with a prescription which they then take to a LICENSED PHARMACY and purchase the drug.  Obviuosly you did not know this therefore you can now take the foot out of your mouth.

Thank you for clarifying this point.  You never stated in your previous posts that the officers in question had a prescription for the steroids (this is what you are saying, correct?)  However, the point remains that these guys basically tried to circumvent the law here in the USA by going to Mexico to procure the steroids, and then sneak them across the border.  They knew they were breaking the law, and they knew they would be in big trouble if they were caught.  This does not bode well for two law enforcement officers that are sworn to uphold the laws of the land.  The fact remains that they couldn't have gotten their hands on the steroids legally here in the USA, right?

Sorry Kona, but they were indeed very good officers, they made a stupid mistake.  They were not out using recreational drugs (infact they did not even drink any alcoholic beverages), they were not out planting evidence, extorting sexual favors, falsifying reports, taking bribes or a pick of other bad habits that officers have across the nation.  For the record only the driver of the vehicle got a ticket for the possesion of the steroids.  They were not even handcuffed or booked.

We can just agree to disagree on this point.  Stupid mistake is a gross understatement in my opinion.  The rest of your quote is just making excuses for the officers, and trying to show everyone here that they aren't so bad compared to all the really bad officers out there.

Well Kona, for the record if you read above then you would realize that they indeed were under a doctors care as they had to go to a doctor to get the prescription DOCTOR, MD, Licensed Physician, NOT at DRUG DEALER.  

Secondly, yes they did break the law, but they only got a TICKET, perhaps we should fire all officers who receive TICKETS for "breaking the law".  Now had they been Drunk and crashed into a parked car, light post or another vehicle, they would have been classified as having a "problem" and received counseling, not lost their jobs.

I don't want to beat this to death, but did they have a prescription from an American Doctor or a Mexican Doctor? Let me guess.....it was a Mexican Doctor, because no American Doctor would have written a prescription for your two buddies, correct?  It's not like they were purchasing a drug that was legal in either Mexico or the USA with the intent to save money, like so many of our senior citizens.  They were doing it because they couldn't legally get the drug here in the USA.  

Did these two dummies even consider the consequences in case they were caught?  Did they consider how it might look to the citizens of the community they serve that they were caught bringing a drug across the border that they weren't supposed to?  I would have fired both their dumb asses for a total lack of judgement and disregard for the law.  Why are you making excuses for these guys?

Thirdly, I am not excusing their use of steroids, I was merely sympathizing with them as I can imagine how much a person's confidence in his/her abilities will suffer if unable to hold their ground.  Until you actually become an LE officer and realize how difficult and near impossible it is to overcome a larger non-compliant person, you will never understand what these officers went through.  I merely find it ignorant  to state your position on something you know nothing about.  However, this is a public board and people can post as they please, but your credibility is the one that suffers in the end.

You're not excusing their use of steroids, you're mearly sympathizing with them because their confidence was shaken?  Maybe it's just me, but you really sound like you're sticking up for these guys, and rationalizing their choice to take steroids.  

I'll ask you again......what is the answer to this problem?  If not hitting the weight room, and increased training in hand to hand combat skills (as I suggested), then what is your answer?  Steroids?  Talk about a credibility gap.......How about showing a little bit of credibility here and tell us all what your department is doing to help combat this problem?  Or better yet, how are you approaching this problem?  I have to tell you that I think your attitude towards this problem as a law enforcement officer is really very disappointing.  I would have expected more out of a LE professional.  

Lastly, I apologize to all those that have read these long exchanges between us unless ofcourse you learned something and would like to thank Mr. Roid info for taking the time to attempt and educate some people with FACTUAL information, not fairy tales about mind controlling hormones Shocked

Yes, I'm sure everyone here on these boards will be lining up to thank you/Roids for all your "facts."  

Bottom line in this whole thread is:  if you injected steroids without a prescription in your lifetime, it will be a disqualifiying event for most, if not all police departments in the USA, regardless of how much you/Roids profess their safety.  

Kona
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2004 at 1:17am by Kona »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Roid info

Reply #46 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 2:45am
Kona, 
1. "Everyone here on these boards will be lining up to thank you/Roids for all your "facts."   
Once again let me correct you these are NOT my facts. They are published medical journals, books and doctors opinions. Which you can look up yourself. Lips Sealed

2. Let me ask you for the 3rd time since you haven’t answered me and you stand so firm on your opinion of whoever has INJECTED them self’s roids w/o prescription should not be eligible for LE. If someone took oral roids (tablets) instead of injection should they also be banned? And if so, would it be fair to ban everyone applying that has used any type of medication without prescription? This includes: acne med., dandruff shampoo, birthcontrol, h/s Motrin, h/s Tylenol, nasal decongestant, contact lenses ETC... Since most of these medications also cause side effects if administered incorrectly? Cry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #47 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 4:59am
BlackJhack wrote on Jun 15th, 2004 at 11:37pm:
WOW!!! Now I have heard it all!! Not only is dimas a police officer, but now a practicing paramedic!! So you have been through the police and fire department academies, WOW!!! AND you are studying to be a lawyer too!! Next thing you will say is that you competed in Mr. Universe! You are truly a piece of work dimas. Not only do you out spew out false information, but you are just an all out liar. I think we can all see who is trying to make themself look good, but you are really making a fool out of yourself. By the way, just because you studied P.E. (i.e. kinesiology) doesn't make you some type of pre-med. That's not even considered a science major, son. Wink

BJ, have you no sense of logic or deductive ability?  

1.  Yes, I went throught the state mandated LE academy.

2.  I put myself through EMT school on my own time, believe it or not there are actually EMT schools that are not "firefighter academies"  and for the record you should know that firefighters are not all Paramedics, but usually they are trained as first responders as the paramedic curiculum is quite long.  Of course you wouldn't know any of this because you are not a LE officer or a firefighter.

3.  ALL kinesiology programs result in a Bachelor of SCIENCE.  Ofcourse this is something that once again escapes your comprehension.  Yes, Kinesiology prepares you to be a P.E. (Physical Education)coach, However, we are talking about steroids which are a drug that has an effect on PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE.

4.  Pre-Law is something a University will usually do to have your course curriculum "fit in" with classes that will either prepare you for law school or have something to do with the law.  I.E. There are criminal justice whose degree can either prepare you for a Police, Corrections, Probation, Counseling or Law career by having you take courses that fit in with your chosen field.   Perhaps in your mind a person can only be good at or choose one field of study, but believe it or not many of us are actually capable of studying and being good at more than one thing.

I am sorry BJ, but you just seem to dig yourself into a bigger and bigger hole.  Look at your posts, they aren't well thought out or rational.  Take a deep breath, relax and read them for yourself and ask yourself if those are posts made by a mature individual ready to be a LE officer.  Is that the kind of professionalism you would want displayed by an LE officer.

Kona,

I am not Mr. Roid info, if I was going to state a position I would do it openly with DIMAS.  I am however, greatful he is posting as I would most likely be too lazy to look up the technical info he has posted with references to post them up for only two guys to learn.

Quote:
I'll ask you again......what is the answer to this problem?  If not hitting the weight room, and increased training in hand to hand combat skills (as I suggested), then what is your answer?  Steroids?  Talk about a credibility gap.......How about showing a little bit of credibility here and tell us all what your department is doing to help combat this problem?  Or better yet, how are you approaching this problem?  I have to tell you that I think your attitude towards this problem as a law enforcement officer is really very disappointing.  I would have expected more out of a LE professional.

There is no one solution to the problem.  I was the co-facilitator for the Officer Safety course at the academy and can honestly tell you that while the hand to hand skills may work on your avg citizen, they are quite useless against a larger unwilling oponent.  I have also looked into other nationally recognized restraint techniques/programs such as PMAB and CPI and found that they are even more pathetic.

Before working in LE I was a Mental Health Technician at a treatment center and got my first great wake up call.  It often took several of us Techs to restrain only one "acting out" individual and even then a nurse was necessary to administer a cocktail to calm the person as they were likely to either escape our grasps or break their own bones, rip their own tendons and muscle in an attempt to get away from us.  Now mind you that at the facility there were at least 8 of us per shift who could immediately respond.  Out in the field it will often only be one officer with back up minutes away.

Rodney King and all the other examples of "police brutality" have had a very detrimental effect on the manner in which LE individuals can use force.  Such as you are only allowed to use your ASP on limbs, not the body or head.  Mace is a tricky one, as we have found that often it also gets in the officers eyes and blinds them as well.  "closed hand defensive strike" is the politically correct term for when an officer punches someone, but to be honest most officers avoid using this like the plague due to fear of losing their jobs.

Female officers are usually great when dealing with most people because they have learned through time to use verbal deescalation techniques due to their lack of physical strength.  Unfortunately, verbal deescalation does not work on the con looking to do hard time and then the officer is in for a real fight for their life.

What are departments/my department doing?  there really isn't much they can do.  The logic is quite simple in physical incidents the larger individual will almost always win.  Almost all departments either offer a reduced gym membership or offer gyms in each station for their officers.  The problem here is trying to find the energy to work out when working 50-60hr weeks and secondly a person's genetices/ability to actually make gains when working out.  LE officers are not allowed to use Karate or guage out eyeballs or any of a plethora of things Joe-criminal will use to get away.  If anything LE departments are more worried about a law suit and public frenzy resulting from the use of excessive force than having an officer get beat down.  It all comes down to simple economics.  

Many of you who join LE will often get a huge wake up slap in the face.  I have been very lucky in my career that I have never lost control of a situation, this is not to say that I have not been punched or given a ride for my money, but I was fortunate enough to always control the situation/person in the end and I always remember feeling very shaken up and scared for my life.  Now imagine how the officers who actually lose a confrontation must feel.  When I speak of the officers that got caught I by no means say they should be exonerated, they got caught and the punishment was probably appropriate.  What I am saying is that I can understand their decision to use them but do not agree with it.

I hope I answered your questions.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2004 at 12:21pm by dimas »  

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Very Senior User

[quote author=Mr. Roid info link=Re: I need to lie
Reply #48 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 11:02am
Quote:
Let me ask you for the 3rd time since you haven’t answered me and you stand so firm on your opinion of whoever has INJECTED them self’s roids w/o prescription should not be eligible for LE. If someone took oral roids (tablets) instead of injection should they also be banned?

Why do you care so much about my opinion of illegal steroid use?  My opinion doesn't matter.  The police department's hiring board sets the criteria for what is or isn't acceptable past drug usage, not me.  Any police department that I am familiar with has listed illegal steroid use (injectable) as a disqualifying event.  Whether or not orally taken steroids is a disqualifying event.....I don't know.  But if it were, I wouldn't have a problem with that.   

My opinion, if you must know, is that anybody that has taken steroids (injectable or oral) without a doctor's prescription is an idiot that lacks the basic judgement required to be a police officer.  That's my opinion, if you don't like it, I don't care. 

Quote:
And if so, would it be fair to ban everyone applying that has used any type of medication without prescription? This includes: acne med., dandruff shampoo, birthcontrol, h/s Motrin, h/s Tylenol, nasal decongestant, contact lenses ETC... Since most of these medications also cause side effects if administered incorrectly? Cry

Use a little common sense here, ok?  If an applicant told me that he had used and abused Percodan or Vicodin on a regular basis in the past, I wouldn't have a problem disqualifying them.  If an applicant borrowed someone else's dandruff shampoo, or Motrin, I think I could cut them some slack, since you can buy most of this stuff OTC anyway.  Does that answer you question?

Kona

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #49 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 11:10am
dimas wrote on Jun 16th, 2004 at 4:59am:
When I speak of the officers that got caught I by no means say they should be exonerated, they got caught and the punishment was probably appropriate.  What I am saying is that I can understand their decision to use them but do not agree with it.

Fair enough.  You have your way of looking at this, and I have mine.   

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Reply #50 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 6:41pm
Dimas, I am only going to give you this free lesson in "schooling" once, so pay close attention. 

First, you have just proven yourself to be a liar, because you said that you are a paramedic, but now you are saying that you are an EMT(which is it?). To become a paramedic, you must go through the fire academy. I never said that all firefighters were  paramedics, it's actually the other way around. Most paramedics have a medical background which in many cases they have obtained their LVN or RN license. If you take a city such as Los Angeles all paramedics are firefighters first. I know that since you live in Mayberry (Population 12) they probably do things different there. 
Next you state that you obtain a BS degree when you major in PE. That does not make it a science major. If you had really attended college you would understand that PE is not considered a science related field and even if you receive a BS in it (which isn't always the case) that doesn't make you a doctor or a scientist. Even if you do major in a science related field you can still receive a BA, depending on the classes you choose and if you decide to select a minor, or, if you do not wish to select a specialty in that major (i.e. biology is a BA, microbiology is a BS). This way you control the degree you will receive (you can find this information out from any college counselor). So when you say that ALL P.E. majors result in a BS, you are wrong. 
Lastly, when you say "pre-law". Anything you major in can be "pre-law". What really counts is your grades and what you score on the L-SAT. Most law students don't even major in criminal justice or criminology. They major in subjects like history and poly-sci.
Dimas, you have only established yourself as a liar and mis-informed wind-bag. How are we supposed to believe anything you say when you can't even tell the truth about who you are? Do you hear that flushing sound? That is you credibility going down the toilet. Wink

IP Logged

User

Reply #51 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 6:53pm
Roids, 
You like to talk about my lack of reading comprehension skills, again I have 3 words for you... there, their, and they're. Wink

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #52 - Jun 17th, 2004 at 2:10am
BJ, you can't really be that stupid can you?  Once again THINK before you post, because you continue to make yourself look really bad.

1.  You state that one has to go through the fire academy to be a paramendic?  NO, you go through EMT school to become a paramedic, the fire academy teaches you how to fight fires, extricate and the other tasks that firefighters do and maybe teaches them at the EMT-B level.  For your information once again to become a paramedic you go to EMT SCHOOL, you get your First Responder or EMT-B(most firefighters are either one of these), then EMT-I and then finally your Paramedic certification.  FYI, I attended TEXAS TECH a medical school to get my paramedic certificate, not a firefighter academy.  So much for your ignorant statement that ALL paramedics are firefighters first.

Paramedics are now LVN's and RN's?  this is has to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard(your steroid side-effect post is actually #1).  An LVN and especially an RN are more specialized vocations than a Paramedic.  That is why LVN's and RN's are PAID more than paramedics.  THINK before you POST.  LVN's and RN's may have started their careers as Paramedics and then continued to study to become a nurse, but a nurse does not study to become a Paramedic as they are already qualified to do everything a Paramedic can and MORE.

2.  Since you don't have a degree and are not a Law Enforcement officer, I find it amusing that you attempt to lecture me about school as I did infact graduate from college with honors.  No, not a mail order college, but a state institution.  READ my posts again, words make sentences which then make paragraphs and if you manage to comprehend it all then you might realize what an fool you are making yourself out to be. 

3. Either you really are dumb or you are distorting information in a sad attempt to make yourself look like you are making a point.  I'm sorry but anyone naive enough to post that steroids are mind controlling drugs definitely needs to go back to school to learn comprehension, deduction and logic.  

Keep to the facts when trying to make a point.  You consistently call me a liar, yet I have not written a single lie.  The only way you are even making any points in this discussion is by altering the interpretation of what is written to fit what you are trying to say, this is why I believe you need help in the comprehension department.  If you ever do become a cop, remember that you do not have the option to interpret an event as you want to, but have to stick to the facts at hand.  

Sorry BJ, but it seems to me that the one that needs to be "schooled" is actually you.  It amazes me how many times you have posted just to insult or rip people down.  It seems to me that you have real psychological issues to include anti-social behavior.  It does not amaze me that you have not been able to work in LE.

Mayberry, ouch, yeah you really got me with that one.  Grow up BJ.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2004 at 12:21pm by dimas »  

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

User

Reply #53 - Jun 17th, 2004 at 6:16pm
Dimas,
I think you just showed everybody on the site what an angry person you are. You didn't address any of the topics at hand. I have so much that I could say about your last post, but I will refrain. Just relax, breathe and enjoy the weekend! Wink

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #54 - Jun 17th, 2004 at 6:53pm
BlackJhack wrote on Jun 17th, 2004 at 6:16pm:
Dimas,
I think you just showed everybody on the site what an angry person you are. You didn't address any of the topics at hand. I have so much that I could say about your last post, but I will refrain. Just relax, breathe and enjoy the weekend! Wink

No, not angry at all, but I am disappointed.  I find it disheartening that a future LE candidate (YOU) would show such lack of civility and reason.  It appears to me that almost all your posts are written with the intent to insult and degrade the previous poster.  infact I am a quite happy person and even happier because it appears I finally got you to be quiet.  But of course you will come back and post something not making any sense,  make unfounded and unnecessary personal attacks and once again display to all what an inappropriate demeanor you have by using expletives in place of well thought out argument backed by facts.

As for your lies, well you lied again. 

Quote:
You didn't address any of the topics at hand.

Actually, yes, I did address the topics relating to your last post and here is one topic I forgot to address in one of you prior posts as well in which you wrote:

Quote:
WOW!!! Now I have heard it all!! Not only is dimas a police officer, but now a practicing paramedic!! So you have been through the police and fire department academies, WOW!!!

I am not sure if it is ignorance or jealously that appears to motivate your ramblings, but I have a particular site I would like you to see regarding LE officers that actually go through both academies as their training requirments.  I guess you now have heard and seen it all.  Enjoy and hopefully learn to think before you post.

http://ci.alamogordo.nm.us/DPS/NewPage/TRAINING%20AND%20RECRUITING.htm

Even though it is only Thursday come the weekend I will make sure to enjoy it.  Hopefully you will use your time constructively and use it to learn so that you can actually contribute a decent, thought out argument.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stud
New User

Reply #55 - Jun 18th, 2004 at 10:17am
Dimas, keep up the good work. You are BY FAR the more logical, rational, knowledgable, intellectual, and realistic one. Your opinions and advice are much more coherent and informative than those other 2 individuals. Your right Dimas, the one that is winning the discussion never resorts to personal insults as the other 2 are. It's known in philosophy as an ADD-Homonym, and the people using ADD-HOMONYMS are the ones LOSING the arguement.

P.S. Kona, if it was up to you, anyone who ever smoked pot, got excessively drunk, or took a girlfriends motrin for pain would not get into LE. A person's judgement may change for the better over a period of time. Just because a person did something unhealthy 10 years ago, and used bad judgement while doing it, does not mean they still have poor judgement. You make no sense, and are totally judgemental and unforgiving. Most people like yourself are incredible HIPOCRITES, doing the very thing you tell other not to.

There are fantastic police officers out there who used poor judgement when they were younger(before they were cops) but they learned from there mistakes and bad judgement and became great people. They now turn people away from the very behavior, that was at one time, extremely detrimental to them. There own bad experiences have saved others from doing the very same awful thing.

I hope you never do anyhting wrong KONA, you may not be able to live with yourself.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

[quote author=stud link=board=polRe: I need to lie
Reply #56 - Jun 18th, 2004 at 1:50pm
stud wrote on Jun 18th, 2004 at 10:17am:
P.S. Kona, if it was up to you, anyone who ever smoked pot, got excessively drunk, or took a girlfriends motrin for pain would not get into LE.

Gee Stud, I don't remember saying anything of the sort.  What I do remember saying was I wouldn't want someone on the force that injected an illegal drug, or used prescription drugs like oral steroids, percodan, vicodan and the like without being under proper medical care.  Bottom line here is......it's not up to me to decide what prior drug usage is ok, and what isn't.  Each individual police dept sets their own criteria......end of story. 

A person's judgement may change for the better over a period of time. Just because a person did something unhealthy 10 years ago, and used bad judgement while doing it, does not mean they still have poor judgement. .

Ok, fair enough.  Let's say for example (to test your theory), a police applicant told you that 15 years ago he used to shoot up heroin to get high.  Then, 10 years ago he got religion, kicked his dope habit, and now counsels kids about the evils of drugs.  He's a changed man now, hallelujah!!  That was a long time ago; he's not that man anymore, because he doesn't display the  bad judgement that he once did.  How would you feel about this guy joining your police department? 

You make no sense, and are totally judgemental and unforgiving. Most people like yourself are incredible HIPOCRITES, doing the very thing you tell other not to.

If you mean judgemental.....as in the capacity to form an opinion by distinguishing and evaluating.....yes I am.  Unforgiving?  Maybe to criminals and druggies, but not to a person that made an honest mistake.

Most people like myself are hypocrites?  Ouch, that hurt.  Please take it easy on me Stud.  By "most people" I assume you mean other judgemental and unforgiving mean people like me, right?   

There are fantastic police officers out there who used poor judgement when they were younger(before they were cops) but they learned from there mistakes and bad judgement and became great people. They now turn people away from the very behavior, that was at one time, extremely detrimental to them. There own bad experiences have saved others from doing the very same awful thing.

I'm sure that there are many good officers like these.  The problem is how you define "bad judgement," and where you draw the line between acceptable and unacceptable past behavior.  Is it acceptable to have shot heroin when you were an 18 year old college student, or is a drunk driving ticket crossing the line? I have my own opinions regarding what is acceptable or not, and I post my opinions here on these message boards.  You can take them, or leave them......I really don't care.  Ultimately, the only thing that does matter is the police department's hiring policy.

Kona

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #57 - Jun 18th, 2004 at 5:37pm
Dimas, keep up the good work. You are BY FAR the more logical, rational, knowledgable, intellectual, and realistic one. Your opinions and advice are much more coherent and informative than those other 2 individuals. Your right Dimas, the one that is winning the discussion never resorts to personal insults as the other 2 are. It's known in philosophy as an ADD-Homonym, and the people using ADD-HOMONYMS are the ones LOSING the arguement.

Stud, I am not quite sure if you are really complimenting me or being sarcastic.   ???   It is quite early so my brain isn't at 100% yet.  Either way, welcome to the discussion board.

As far as winning, I am not really out to "win" this per se, as much as I am really out to make people learn to use their minds.  Ignorance is one of the most dangerous shortcomings out there.  

As for Kona, while he and I have VERY different opinions on subjects it appears that we have both agreed to disagree on the subject without resorting to unnessesary personal attacks.  I welcome argument from a person like Kona any day, as I feel it is worth it when they at least take the time to procees the information and acknowledge it.  Unfortunately no matter how sure I am about the said officers in my arguments having been good officers he will not accept their mistake.  Fortunately it is not his opinion that matters but that of the people who worked with these officers.  

As for BJ, well there will always be people like him in life and all one can do is try to help them learn or ignore them, the latter will however, always continue to contribute to their ignorance.  For the record, BJ, while a person's spelling is a good indicator of their level of intelligence, people should be open enough to know that some VERY intelligent people are in fact bad spellers and even some very good spellers occasionally misspell a word or two.  While BJ has mastered the ability to use a spell checker and dictionary, lets hope he one day masters the ability to use common sense.

Have a safe and happy weekend.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stud
New User

Re: [quote author=stud link=board=polRe: I need to
Reply #58 - Jun 19th, 2004 at 6:57am
Kona wrote on Jun 18th, 2004 at 1:50pm:

Gee Stud, I don't remember saying anything of the sort.  What I do remember saying was I wouldn't want someone on the force that injected an illegal drug, or used prescription drugs like oral steroids, percodan, vicodan and the like without being under proper medical care.  Bottom line here is......it's not up to me to decide what prior drug usage is ok, and what isn't.  Each individual police dept sets their own criteria......end of story.
Ok, fair enough.  Let's say for example (to test your theory), a police applicant told you that 15 years ago he used to shoot up heroin to get high.  Then, 10 years ago he got religion, kicked his dope habit, and now counsels kids about the evils of drugs.  He's a changed man now, hallelujah!!  That was a long time ago; he's not that man anymore, because he doesn't display the  bad judgement that he once did.  How would you feel about this guy joining your police department? 

If you mean judgemental.....as in the capacity to form an opinion by distinguishing and evaluating.....yes I am.  Unforgiving?  Maybe to criminals and druggies, but not to a person that made an honest mistake.

Most people like myself are hypocrites?  Ouch, that hurt.  Please take it easy on me Stud.  By "most people" I assume you mean other judgemental and unforgiving mean people like me, right?  

I'm sure that there are many good officers like these.  The problem is how you define "bad judgement," and where you draw the line between acceptable and unacceptable past behavior.  Is it acceptable to have shot heroin when you were an 18 year old college student, or is a drunk driving ticket crossing the line? I have my own opinions regarding what is acceptable or not, and I post my opinions here on these message boards.  You can take them, or leave them......I really don't care.  Ultimately, the only thing that does matter is the police department's hiring policy.

Kona
I apologize kona if I offended you. If you are a police officer, then God bless you and keep up the good work. I'm trying to get on right now myself. All police officers are brothers, even if they have a difference of opinion. Cops fight the good fight, protecting and serving human beings, it's a magnificent endeavor. I hope I get on soon and join the rest of the brave men who put their lives on the line every day to keep this country a safe place to live.

COPS= COURAGEOUS ONES PROTECTING and SERVING.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr.Roid Info

Reply #59 - Jun 19th, 2004 at 10:50pm
DIMAS,

I must congratulate you, I think you actually got BJ to think before he speaks. Your a more patient man than I am I gave up on him after my third post. LOL
But I must admit I still have faith in BJ that he will make a triumphant comeback. LMFAO

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
I need to lie

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X